Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9756 9757 [9758] 9759 9760 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14523593 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146355 on: August 02, 2019, 02:56:08 am »

I always liked the Twisted Metal games as a kid it was one of my favorite series, but I've never played Carmageddon, mostly because whenever I find a copy its always missing a disc.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146356 on: August 02, 2019, 05:04:32 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #146357 on: August 02, 2019, 06:56:47 am »

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't bring back Twisted Metal during the whole recent battle royale trend. It sells itself!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146358 on: August 02, 2019, 09:53:04 am »

A few weeks ago, I tried the beta of VLC. It worked like a charm until I tried to play video.

Until you tried video; what else did you use it for? The word video is in the name of the tool.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #146359 on: August 02, 2019, 10:12:37 am »

A few weeks ago, I tried the beta of VLC. It worked like a charm until I tried to play video.

Until you tried video; what else did you use it for? The word video is in the name of the tool.
I use VLC (the mobile version) as a music player first, and a video player second. In hindsight, the videos I tried were encoded in HEVC/H.265, so it could've been an issue with HEVC decoding specifically, rather than one of video playback in general.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146360 on: August 02, 2019, 06:42:40 pm »

Twisted Metal is friggin' rad.
I remember loving the series back in the day, along with Road Rash and Carmageddon. They don't make games like they used to...
Nah you're right. They make them better and more detailed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146361 on: August 02, 2019, 06:46:38 pm »

Fun > Pretty

Otherwise, there would not be all those "Pixel looking aesthetic" casual games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146362 on: August 02, 2019, 07:26:23 pm »

Pixel art is pretty and that's why it's so common. If art were genuinely unimportant you'd be seeing mspaint tier programmer art, not chunky sexy pixels.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #146363 on: August 02, 2019, 08:05:20 pm »

Pixel art is pretty and that's why it's so common ... chunky sexy pixels.

This also applies to ASCII graphics, except for being common.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146364 on: August 02, 2019, 08:39:20 pm »

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't bring back Twisted Metal during the whole recent battle royale trend. It sells itself!
Holy crap dude, that would be amazing. Hurtling outta the cargo bay of some huge aircraft in your tooled-up death machine, ready to wreak destruction on a hundred or so other unhinged drivers? That sounds fantastic.
This needs to happen!

Fun > Pretty

Otherwise, there would not be all those "Pixel looking aesthetic" casual games.
For real, though. So much by-the-numbers rubbish getting shovelled out nowadays.
Even more recently than the heyday of games like Twisted Metal, taking a gander at the "new/upcoming" section at a game store used to be an exciting, inspiring experience...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146365 on: August 03, 2019, 01:40:39 am »

Something in my basement is making some kind of demented laughing-ticking hybrid and I don't know what or how it activated

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #146366 on: August 03, 2019, 01:49:02 am »

Something in my basement is making some kind of demented laughing-ticking hybrid and I don't know what or how it activated

furby
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146367 on: August 03, 2019, 03:50:45 am »

Pixel art is pretty and that's why it's so common. If art were genuinely unimportant you'd be seeing mspaint tier programmer art, not chunky sexy pixels.

Less it's genuinely pretty and more that it has one of the best effort/prettiness ratios, I suspect. It's far easier to have acceptable pixel assets and animations than basically any other kind of animation - paper cutout-style animation is about the only thing I can think of that can compare.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146368 on: August 03, 2019, 11:24:13 am »

Less it's genuinely pretty and more that it has one of the best effort/prettiness ratios, I suspect. It's far easier to have acceptable pixel assets and animations than basically any other kind of animation - paper cutout-style animation is about the only thing I can think of that can compare.

Right and proper 3d animation is pretty expensive for indie devs.

Doesn't help that, say, quake or half-life era 3d aged pretty badly, unlike pixel art.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #146369 on: August 03, 2019, 12:06:19 pm »

Right and proper 3d animation is pretty expensive for indie devs.

Doesn't help that, say, quake or half-life era 3d aged pretty badly, unlike pixel art.
Ironically, Quake 1 and 2 tier-3d is making something of a comeback as it looks nice and stylistic now instead of just ugly 3d.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 9756 9757 [9758] 9759 9760 ... 11037