Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9702 9703 [9704] 9705 9706 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517759 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145545 on: June 17, 2019, 06:37:19 pm »

Girl messages me.
I am polite.
Girl keeps messaging me.
I am grimly polite.
Girl gets drunk in nightclub and accidentally sends a voice chat in which she discusses sending me pictures of her tits.
I am.... actually, not sure how I'm responding to that one. Not positively anyway.
God gives bread to the toothless
Due to his academic standing, I'm inclined to agree with the good doctor.

Due to my not liking being involved in situations where consent is dubious at best, how about "wow what the fuck is wrong with y'all"

How detailed was this voice mail? "Accidentally" comes to mind. Been there.

My friends also questioned the "accidentally." I guess we will never know.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145546 on: June 17, 2019, 06:39:09 pm »

"Chicka, He's just not into you."  is what comes to my mind.

It's the natural cognate of the much more widely known

"Dude, She's just not into you."

Strangely, many attractive girls seem incapable of grasping the concept, or at least, that seems to be my observation.

I got hit on unwanted (like, outright groped) by a bunch of ladies. With my girlfriend. At her school. During the slow dances at homecoming. She was displeased.

I'm supposed to be into it though, I guess. If I complained I'd be weird. No relation.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #145547 on: June 17, 2019, 07:19:55 pm »

I had a woman outright groping me at work for months because HR refused to take female-on-male harassment seriously.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145548 on: June 17, 2019, 09:07:12 pm »

The cultural expectation of accepting or even celebrating sexual harassment like those situations is what "toxic masculinity" refers to, and it's awful and real and I'm really sorry.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #145549 on: June 17, 2019, 10:07:34 pm »

Eh. It was better than the response I got when dealing with male-male harassment in high school. That time the advice was "pretend you like it to creep them out".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145550 on: June 18, 2019, 01:03:02 am »

I got smacked on the arse by a (female) total stranger on a night out once. It was pretty awesome.

In other WTF news, I seem to have learned to disable the alarms on my phone without even waking up. Well, shit.
I mean, my alarm went off as I was having a dream and I sorta partially woke up enough to shut it up, then went right on dreaming the same dream, near as I can tell. This happened multiple times and the dream in question went on 'til about 3pm. Whoa. I only went to bed at two, too - I planned on getting up around ten.   

What's that thing about dying from over-sleeping? I feel like an at-risk person rn.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145551 on: June 18, 2019, 01:14:07 am »

In other WTF news, I seem to have learned to disable the alarms on my phone without even waking up. Well, shit.
Yeah, my ex used to do that, a lot. She even eventually recognized this, and put the phone out in the hall so she'd have to physically get up and walk over to get it.

And that's when we found out that she's perfectly capable of getting up, walking over, picking up the phone, turning off the alarm, and bringing it back to bed all while still asleep.

On the days you do respond to the alarm, do you tend to use the snooze function/secondary alarms in order to get a little more sleep in after the first one goes off?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #145552 on: June 18, 2019, 01:20:56 am »

In other WTF news, I seem to have learned to disable the alarms on my phone without even waking up.   
Just wait until you leave your headphones plugged into the phone. In my case, the alarm sound plays through the headphones instead of the speakers.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #145553 on: June 18, 2019, 01:22:02 am »

This thread being open.
For some reason I previously believed that Toady locked it long ago.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145554 on: June 18, 2019, 01:23:48 am »

@Kagus: Yeah, probably. In fact, having the subsequent extra alarms generally seems like a bad idea since then I am less likely to get up the first time (partly because I want to sleep more, partly because there's less urgency...), but then with just one alarm I often sleep through it anyhow.
It doesn't help that it's winter and the weather is pretty dang nasty most mornings.

I'm really looking forward to having my new bloody phone battery so that I don't have to keep it plugged in at all times - then I could have it stashed somewhere across the room ready to blast me with Nickleback or some shit when it's time to get up. I actually ordered a 2-pack of new batteries about a month ago now and was wondering where the heck they were, then I dug through my inbox and found an email from Ebay casually telling me the seller had refunded my order... ugh.   

In other WTF news, I seem to have learned to disable the alarms on my phone without even waking up.   
Just wait until you leave your headphones plugged into the phone. In my case, the alarm sound plays through the headphones instead of the speakers.
Haha, been there, done that! My old phone used to do that, I think - also the "silent mode" would also silence the alarms. *facepalm*
Come to think of it I had my headphones plugged in last night so I could listen to some relaxing drone as I drifted off, but the alarms still at least disturbed me somewhat so I don't think my phone has that problem.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145555 on: June 18, 2019, 01:35:56 am »

Yeah, snoozing or turning off multiple alarms will train your body to react to the sounds by ignoring them or going through the motions of disabling them. And not-quite-awake brain isn't as good at distinguishing the difference between "safe" alarms and "now it's important" alarms as your conscious self is...

Personally, I've trained myself to be extremely responsive to my alarm, so I can be sure that I'll wake up! Sure, I may suffer a minor panic attack every time I hear it, but that's a small price to pay...

...however, that conditioning doesn't really help much for when you forget to actually set an alarm the night before.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145556 on: June 18, 2019, 02:54:12 am »

I feel like I need to get a dedicated alarm clock that is designed to not put up with my shit.
My old method, way back when I was a youngster and used to have problems with sleeping through alarms, was to set my phone to vibrate and leave it in my undies with the alarm set. Now that would wake me up. Feeling deja vu right now with the number of times I've discussed that technique around here over the years... oh well.

In other WTFs, why TF is nobody else posting in the Music thread? I need to spew more music recommendations...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145557 on: June 18, 2019, 03:13:08 am »

Maybe we need a morning alarm like those kind of dog activation toys that requires them to solve a mechanical puzzle to get to the treats.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145558 on: June 18, 2019, 03:25:57 am »

Maybe we need a morning alarm like those kind of dog activation toys that requires them to solve a mechanical puzzle to get to the treats.
I'm pretty sure I saw an app like that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145559 on: June 18, 2019, 03:34:17 am »

Yeah, there are at least a few digital versions of that!
In fact I believe some phone alarms come with such a feature these days, where you must complete a simple puzzle to shut it up.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 9702 9703 [9704] 9705 9706 ... 11037