Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9689 9690 [9691] 9692 9693 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520472 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145350 on: June 06, 2019, 03:06:21 am »

Could also be carbon monoxide poisoning.  Just sayin.

Did she recently turn the heater on?

Our heater has been out of oil for weeks. No point refueling seeing as it's almost summer and we're moving very soon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145351 on: June 06, 2019, 09:57:19 am »

Fuckin' beggars and choosers, right? So I'm out of an awful 5-year relationship and also just got my heart additionally battered by throwing it at an impossible situation while I was cutting my old ties, and would really just like to feel attractive again and have someone show an interest in me.

*Someone shows a strong and direct interest in me, and exhibits it in a way that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination.

Goddammit I didn't mean someone in my immediate friend circle. I forgot to append the "would preferably like to avoid massive drama" clause to my previous request...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145352 on: June 06, 2019, 11:21:59 am »

To quote hector: "Dude, touch her butt."

It's most probable that they've been having the hots for you for a while and just waited for an opportunity to show that. Or they might be one of those wierd people who like to stir shit up and be vindictive in wierd and unusual ways (like hey I fucked your ex days after you broke up, neener neener) that is completely oblivious to the harm it might cause to people other than the person they're getting back at for whatever reasons.

Still tho, touch her butt, it might lead to Narnia or something, you never know :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145353 on: June 06, 2019, 11:46:00 am »

Is it just me, or is everyone getting gateway timeouts constantly on the forum? For about 24 hours now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #145354 on: June 06, 2019, 11:55:44 am »

I realize now that the times I'm the happiest at work is when I'm toasting people with chemotherapy
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145355 on: June 06, 2019, 12:07:25 pm »

Cataloging book. Printed in America says the front the book. Printed in Great Britain says the back of the book. Place of publication not specified says the only record I can pull down. *twitch*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145356 on: June 06, 2019, 12:18:56 pm »

It's most probable that they've been having the hots for you for a while and just waited for an opportunity to show that. Or they might be one of those wierd people who like to stir shit up and be vindictive in wierd and unusual ways (like hey I fucked your ex days after you broke up, neener neener) that is completely oblivious to the harm it might cause to people other than the person they're getting back at for whatever reasons.

Still tho, touch her butt, it might lead to Narnia or something, you never know :V

Her methods of hinting interest in me included showing off lingerie shots on her camera and describing -in vivid detail- some of the things she likes in bed. Then she flashed her underwear at me while "showing off scars". While not directly related this time around, many of the things she likes in bed are very much the kinds of things that leave scars.

Thing is, she's also fairly emotionally unstable (in her own words; "completely fucked up"), and yes she has indeed had varying degrees of feelings towards me for a while. That was before her trip to Spain, where she "within 16 hours of the plane landing" had screwed the neighbor boy and done a couple lines of his cocaine stash. She additionally has had some really shitty experiences in the past with romance, and is generally of the opinion that every relationship she gets into is utterly doomed to fail... And I don't really want to feed into that worldview.

She's fun, certainly, but... Honestly, if we were to get involved, things would start getting messy very, very quickly. And I don't feel like splitting this network up any more than has already been done through recent events. I have a horrible track record of keeping "good, clean fun" good and clean, and she's in something of the same boat, so even doing things without the intent of pursuing a longer relation would be... Unwise.

Is it just me, or is everyone getting gateway timeouts constantly on the forum? For about 24 hours now.
I've been getting it too, forum's been incredibly sluggish or just outright borked all day.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #145357 on: June 06, 2019, 12:19:57 pm »

I'd test this out, but my current internet connection (4G, heavily slowed due to interference. <0.1 Mbps download is typical.) is too slow to even load Bay12 half of the time. I've seen gateway timeouts, but I've seen those on slow connections, even if the servers are working.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145358 on: June 06, 2019, 12:37:35 pm »

I realize now that the times I'm the happiest at work is when I'm toasting people with chemotherapy
Toasting?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145359 on: June 06, 2019, 02:08:18 pm »

I...can...confirm...forum...is...broken

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145360 on: June 06, 2019, 06:32:49 pm »

As for my safety net (so to speak), one really good thing to come from this whole debacle is that I've gotten to know someone else in the friend network a lot better and gotten past her somewhat standoffish exterior to find that she's a priceless friend and amazing person overall. She's been filled in on the situation and has been incredibly supportive through all of this, plus my breaking up with my ex, plus my moving into the new apartment. I don't really know what I would've done without her nudging and pep-talking me through it all.

So I'm going to try my hand at making pulled pork today, which should be ready shortly after I've had the talk. Provided everything is edible, I'll be bringing the results up to the friend and we're gonna have a little pulled pork party to celebrate my trying to improve in the culinary arts. Terrible movies and good video games will probably be involved.

Win or lose, it's how you pull your meat that matters.
I guess this isn’t the girl you’re talking about...

right?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:38:05 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #145361 on: June 06, 2019, 08:13:45 pm »

In the game Masks: The Next Generation, the class/playbook The Beacon is pretty much intended too be a badass normal, specifically stating that any powers they have are minor or not noticeable, with their 2 choosable "abilites" being things like being good with swords, good with bows, being acrobatic, good at stealth.
Except one of these abilities is Phasing. How the hell is phasing a minor but not useless power?
I should mention that Masks is a roleplaying-heavy tabletop RPG, so the limits of the abilities are not well documented.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:22:31 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145362 on: June 06, 2019, 08:35:31 pm »

T’be fair, I was quoting descan.

As fer Kagus, putting your willy in a warm wet place every so often is fun times, but if you aren’t looking for casual shaggings or feel incapable of not getting too attached, or just generally don’t want to get with your friends, probably best to let her know you’re not into doing your friends. Perhaps butt-touching is not in your near-future.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145363 on: June 07, 2019, 12:39:05 am »

right?
Correct.

It's her roommate.

As fer Kagus, putting your willy in a warm wet place every so often is fun times, but if you aren’t looking for casual shaggings or feel incapable of not getting too attached, or just generally don’t want to get with your friends, probably best to let her know you’re not into doing your friends. Perhaps butt-touching is not in your near-future.
Yeah, we talked about it, and we've more or less agreed that maybe it's not the best idea to venture into such territories. And yeah, this is basically just me trying to adhere to a concept of "don't shit where you eat" when it comes to sexual/romantic relations with friends... Considering how well that worked out last time, I'm thinking abstinence might actually have some merits in this one particular circumstance.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145364 on: June 07, 2019, 01:59:11 am »

Ok, I am having more fun with scribblenauts.

Apparently, if you put a bunch of radioactive elements into a container, it will reach critical mass and explode.
Pages: 1 ... 9689 9690 [9691] 9692 9693 ... 11037