Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9665 9666 [9667] 9668 9669 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527153 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144990 on: May 11, 2019, 01:51:08 pm »

Where is this thread?

Mine has been generating DC-universe fanfics.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #144991 on: May 11, 2019, 01:54:08 pm »

Where is this thread?

Mine has been generating DC-universe fanfics.

Here.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #144992 on: May 11, 2019, 04:53:17 pm »

I can get either a Costco or Sam's Club membership through my work's employee rewards program. These stores always seemed like they're worth trying out, but I've always balked at the membership fee. This means that I'm going to accept the offer, but I need to figure out which to choose.

Here's the WTF - both stores only show an incredibly narrow range of products on their websites - in both cases, I can't find products that I know the store sells. This makes the direct comparison I wanted far more difficult.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144993 on: May 11, 2019, 04:59:54 pm »

Both of them have basically everything on earth available for sale. That's why they aren't too big on specific merchandise on the website.

I always went to CostCo, it seemed the better option. But it probably varies by locale.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144994 on: May 11, 2019, 05:01:25 pm »

Sam’s Club is owner by WalMart.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #144995 on: May 11, 2019, 05:04:15 pm »

Both of them have basically everything on earth available for sale. That's why they aren't too big on specific merchandise on the website.

I always went to CostCo, it seemed the better option. But it probably varies by locale.

It wasn't just the variety I'm concerned with - I wanted to make some direct price comparisons on things I''m likely to buy.

I'm leaning towards Costco, because there's two in this city (both with gas stations), and only one Sam's Club (sans gas station). I'd like to be making a more informed decision, though.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144996 on: May 11, 2019, 05:22:55 pm »

It wasn't just the variety I'm concerned with - I wanted to make some direct price comparisons on things I''m likely to buy.

I'm leaning towards Costco, because there's two in this city (both with gas stations), and only one Sam's Club (sans gas station). I'd like to be making a more informed decision, though.

It's gonna be approximately the same between the two. The only big draw of those places is that you have the option of buying bulk. You pay less per item but buy larger quantities. So if you're big on buying bulk/couponing etc its a great idea. If you're not paying membership its basically a steal.

Here's a handy-dandy article.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144997 on: May 11, 2019, 05:31:59 pm »

We have CostCo memberships, they typically have a load of variety in terms of products. I also hear that CostCo treats its employees fairly well for a major store chain, so there is that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #144998 on: May 11, 2019, 05:42:32 pm »

It's gonna be approximately the same between the two. The only big draw of those places is that you have the option of buying bulk. You pay less per item but buy larger quantities. So if you're big on buying bulk/couponing etc its a great idea. If you're not paying membership its basically a steal.

Here's a handy-dandy article.

Read that article already, as it happens. Most of the sources I'm seeing suggest CostCo as better.

Bulk buying is exactly what I want - I already try to buy larger packages of meat and repackage them for freezing, and I have an entire room I can use for non-perishable storage. It just seems like the retailers in question should be trying to sell themselves better, somehow.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144999 on: May 11, 2019, 05:48:11 pm »

Eh, they're the only ones around in that market, and their brands are basically household names. You right though, I'm used to be able to easily compare services online as well.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145000 on: May 12, 2019, 12:23:21 am »

CostCo is baller, and Business Insider agrees that their food court is the superior choice, so... Yeah. (Also, don't get the cheese pizza, that's for chumps... Get the combo, it's actually got toppings on it)

They're also everywhere, while I've seen significantly fewer Sam's Clubs in my time.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145001 on: May 12, 2019, 12:48:16 am »

I still call them Price Club
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #145002 on: May 12, 2019, 01:03:41 am »

CostCo is baller, and Business Insider agrees that their food court is the superior choice, so... Yeah. (Also, don't get the cheese pizza, that's for chumps... Get the combo, it's actually got toppings on it)

They're also everywhere, while I've seen significantly fewer Sam's Clubs in my time.

I've never seen a Costco, only Sams Clubs.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145003 on: May 12, 2019, 02:39:49 am »

Just had a sudden and violent nosebleed for no apparent reason. Hadn't been picking it or been hit in the face or anything.
Pretty sure the last time I had such an unexplained nosebleed was when I joked about it here, when it happened immediately after I'd been chatting with a disgustingly attractive coworker despite not liking anime.

This time there was nothing especially sexy going on.
Just sittin' on the couch watching Netflix when blood started pouring down my face, necessitating a mad dash to the loo.
I guess the current episode does involve a wedding, as well as plenty of low-key flirting between the show's main will-they-won't-they pair, including them joking around with a mock proposal, but... weddings aren't especially sexy, are they?

Sure, there's the prescribed marital coitus to be considered, but really, on the whole such occasions are actually more of a funeral for sexytimes.
Suddenly, instead of drunken hookups and confusing rimjob orgies you find yourself faced with a staid lifetime of dutifully boning down whenever your significant other desires a dose of physical pleasure.

I'm not sure entirely what I'm on about. The above paragraph seemed like it would be really funny when I thought of it, but frankly I am possibly a little light-headed right now and after going to all the effort typing this out I am unsure whether it was worth it.
You be the judge. 🤷🏻
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #145004 on: May 12, 2019, 03:31:37 am »

Yoink is closet anime protagonist pass it on
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 9665 9666 [9667] 9668 9669 ... 11037