Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485552 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #14490 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:36 pm »

Yeah, we haven't annexed Puerto Rico and Guam yet.
Or Canada! :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: August 23, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »

Puerto Rico becoming a state would be pretty cool, I think. 50 is a boring, even number.

Plus, you know, a southern state more sympathetic to latin americans. As opposed to the "deport your poor, your tired, your huddled masses" attitude ones.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: August 23, 2012, 10:01:42 pm »

Would Canada still be our hat if we made it a part of us, though?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: August 23, 2012, 10:03:36 pm »

Would Canada still be our hat if we made it a part of us, though?
It would be The Maple Leaf in a Hat State.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: August 23, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »

Could we leave out Quebec, though?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: August 23, 2012, 10:04:29 pm »

Warning - while you were reading 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Blasted Ninjas

not sure why stated 52 states but apparently I am as stupid as the internet, as other people have the made smae mistake. Correction, slight stupid like the internet, we cant all be bush :D
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: August 23, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

Will you be our hat?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: August 23, 2012, 10:07:37 pm »

Yeah, we haven't annexed Puerto Rico and Guam yet.
We annexed them a long time ago, they're US territory, just not states.
That would probably be for the best. In fact, we should probably build a very large, very heavily armed wall around Quebec.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: August 23, 2012, 10:12:27 pm »

Them having any of meaning. You have 52 states with varying population origins, you have no main culture aside from political blame the other side even if hhe is not on the other side, no money you die, no job you are scum and buy your way into heaven also seems to be oppular in america. Money rules all. I am Foreign, me no speaky yank

As said before, fifty states, and two protectorates. Also, a district. America has no main culture... I find this an interesting concept. I'm not sure how to describe American culture, but we have some. :P

Frankly, I can't say anything about religious matters, or a flame war will start. ::)

Here is my opinion on money. It's only good if it can be used to make your life happy. :D But I'm sure some other people feel different. I've noticed the old people around here are penny pinchers. Maybe that's where that belief comes from.

And we speak Idiomatic American here, not English. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:03 pm »

Re:The Quebec Problem.
Turn it into a giant prison, like LA in the films. Then create the most popular reality big brother show in existance.

I hate ninjas
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:16:13 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: August 23, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »

Turn it into a giant prison, like LA in the films. Then create the most popular reality big brother show in existance.

I hate ninjas

*Ghosts in*
*Ninjas*
*Ghosts out*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:36 pm »

Re:The Quebec Problem.

I hate ninjas

Make a French Canadian Mad World, in other words.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: August 23, 2012, 10:41:58 pm »

I doubt Puerto Rico will become a state right now, because as a territory we get to tax them without representing them in congress. I'm unsure why they put up with that; maybe they just want protection. Say what you will about the rest of the world, but the U.S could likely curbstomp any other country on this side of the world, although maybe not a full alliance. I think Brazil is the strongest State (Capital S) in the hemisphere, although I've heard Canada is surprisingly badass for having a population measured on one hand.

Still, the only countries that would have the power to do some damage on their own are...

China (The second-biggest power in the world, could possibly be THE biggest but I think the economic manipulations they're doing would hurt them in a war)
Russia (?)(I'm not sure how well they stood up after the USSR fell. They're still a big player, I know that)
Germany (Proven time and again they're a national version of David, but without the victory record. They could hurt us, I doubt they'd win)
U.K (Would very, very quickly become a defensive war on their side but the U.K is made of friggin' water; no compression, no conquering)
Japan (If they geared up for war, they'd have an economic advantage over even the U.S, and they're tough little buggers too. I still think the U.S would win, but the casualty count on both sides would be huge.)
France (?)(If you count an unending resistance as continuation of a war, then France counts. Even we couldn't hold them down, even though we could nick their lunch money easy)

I can't think of any others, but I'm sure there are some out there. Any suggestions?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: August 23, 2012, 10:44:12 pm »

I doubt Puerto Rico will become a state right now, because as a territory we get to tax them without representing them in congress. I'm unsure why they put up with that; maybe they just want protection

Statehood initiatives are introduced in Puerto Rico on a regular basis. They are voted down by the citizens of Puerto Rico every time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 11037