Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9641 9642 [9643] 9644 9645 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14543832 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144630 on: April 30, 2019, 03:44:18 am »

Probably sounds legit because it carries a similar sort of cadence as "Machiavellian".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144631 on: April 30, 2019, 03:49:10 am »

-
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:49:49 am by JoshuaFH »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #144632 on: April 30, 2019, 04:35:59 am »

Diyamakulian sounds like a completely legit word in my second language (can't say which-- I'd reveal where I live). I know that it isn't, but it fits the bill. I could come across that word in a book written in (second language), and I wouldn't even question it.
But are books in Tamil normally written in  latin alphabet?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144633 on: April 30, 2019, 04:45:03 am »

Diyamakulian sounds like a completely legit word in my second language (can't say which-- I'd reveal where I live). I know that it isn't, but it fits the bill. I could come across that word in a book written in (second language), and I wouldn't even question it.
But are books in Tamil normally written in  latin alphabet?
I don't know a word of Tamil, so I can't say. All I know is that Tamil's script looks like a goddamned nightmare to read and write in.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144634 on: April 30, 2019, 04:54:16 am »

Ol' one-eye never seemed to be the brightest bulb in the shed, in some ways.
...This works on so many levels.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144635 on: April 30, 2019, 06:08:06 am »

Please guys tell me whats going on in my country? It seems the president Guaido finally managed to get  our own military back up, or a part of it. As usual twitter, Facebook, and all regular sites are blocked down. This is my only window.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144636 on: April 30, 2019, 06:13:42 am »

Please guys tell me whats going on in my country? It seems the president Guaido finally managed to get  our own military back up, or a part of it. As usual twitter, Facebook, and all regular sites are blocked down. This is my only window.
A video of Guiado pledging the end of Maduro's government was released, showing Guaido flanked by soldiers.

Associated Press just reported that Cabellos tweeted for all government supporters to assemble at the presidential palace to defend Maduro.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144637 on: April 30, 2019, 06:18:06 am »

But there's no one there! Everybody knows that Maduro hasn't been living or working (if such word applies) there since months or even yeara ago. His last "appareance" "there" was in a blatant green screen.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144638 on: April 30, 2019, 06:32:59 am »

Trying to find more info on it, but that report (also, correction: AP tweeted about Cabello calling for supporters to amass, Diasdado doesn't appear to have used Twitter for that announcement) seems to be about as fresh as it gets. Guaidó is calling on his supporters to show up for nonviolent protests as well.

EDIT: Leopoldo López tweeted a couple pictures, saying "The definitive phase towards the end of the usurpation has begun, Operation Freedom. I’ve been freed by soldiers following the constitution and President Guaidó. I’m at the La Carlota base. Let’s all mobilise. It’s time to win Freedom. Stength and Faith."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/apr/30/venezuela-opposition-leader-juan-guaido-claims-coup-underway-live-news

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #144639 on: April 30, 2019, 06:40:44 am »

But there's no one there! Everybody knows that Maduro hasn't been living or working (if such word applies) there since months or even yeara ago. His last "appareance" "there" was in a blatant green screen.
In all honesty, my outsider´s perspective is that you should have exactly 0% faith in either Guaido or Maduro. And even if the former has the best of intentions, which I doubt, I think you´re better off outside before a showdown happens.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144640 on: April 30, 2019, 06:44:28 am »

Dunno if you can follow the Guardian live news link there LordBaal, but these are the latest updates:

Quote from: Bolivian President Evo Morales
We forcefully condemn the attempted coup d’état in Venezuela, which is being conducted by the right and backed by foreign interests. But we are sure that the brave Bolivarian Revolution of our brother Nicolas Maduro will reassert itself after this new imperial attack.

The US, with its meddling and coup-waging, looks to wreak violence and death in Venezuela, caring only about its interests and nothing about the human losses. We must be united on our guard so that the coup-perpetrators never return to our region.

Quote from: Associated Press
There were sporadic efforts with tear gas to break up the protesters who gathered on a highway overpass in wealthier eastern Caracas. It appeared to have been fired from inside the Carlota air base. But more people gathered as they sensed what could be their strongest opportunity yet to overthrow the government.

“It’s now or never,” said one of the young soldiers, his face covered in the blue bandanna preferred by the few dozen soldiers who stood alongside Guaidó and López.

(Via AP)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144641 on: April 30, 2019, 06:45:13 am »

Certainty, its the most rational point of view. But at this moment we are in the middle of the storm already. We are just at home, doors and windows closed.

Pd: Ohhh poor little Evo, then just send some warships to defend your communist buddy... ohhhh I'm sorry. Fucking parasite, living off our oil.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 06:47:37 am by LordBaal »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144642 on: April 30, 2019, 06:57:33 am »

Quote from: Vladimir Padrino, head of Venezuelan military
The armed forces remain firm in their defence of the national constitution and the legitimate authorities. All military units deployed in the eight defence regions report things are normal in the barracks and military bases, which are under the command of their local commanders.

We reject this coup movement, which seeks to fill our country with violence. The pseudo-leaders at the head of this subversive movement are using troops and police officers armed with combat weapons on the streets of the city to stir up anxiety and terror.

You’re a bunch of cowards! We will remain firm in the defence of constitutional order and the peace of the republic, backed up by law, history and what is right. Ever loyal, never traitors!

EDIT: From correspondent Stephen Gibbs: Diosdado Cabello, who has been main spokesman for Maduro govt so far this morning, says Leopoldo Lopez escaped house arrest with assistance of a “sector” of his SEBIN guards.

Which would imply that at least parts of Venezuelan Intelligence may have switched sides.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144643 on: April 30, 2019, 07:01:08 am »

I wouldn't call them cowards, it takes a lot of cojones. And things are not normal, in my city the streets are filled with people (at least the streets I can see and what I can hear) protesting and there's people saying military men everywhere, I wouldn't call it a normal situation.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144644 on: April 30, 2019, 08:27:49 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:39:11 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 9641 9642 [9643] 9644 9645 ... 11037