Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9638 9639 [9640] 9641 9642 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544677 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144585 on: April 28, 2019, 05:23:22 pm »

Even though the weekend isn't over, they're saying Endgame has grossed over $1,200,000,000 worldwide this weekend, with more than 100,000,000 people seeing the movie.  That's roughly one out of every 75 people on the planet.

That's pretty amazing in all senses of the word.  First of all, it's amazing that many people have the leisure time to go entertain themselves.  It's amazing that humanity has spent essentially 70,000 person-years of GDP (using world per-capita GDP of $17,300) to go see the thing.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144586 on: April 28, 2019, 05:32:46 pm »

I heard about a friend-of-a-friend who went to see it in theaters two days in a row.

Does seem like quite the time commitment, doesn't it?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144587 on: April 28, 2019, 06:34:04 pm »

It definitely seems like the most popular Avengers movie to date. Even my mom wants to drag me to see it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #144588 on: April 28, 2019, 06:37:04 pm »

The quality of Avengers movies has been hit or miss IMO and this is easily the best by a mile.  Previously I'd have said Infinity War was the best, or the original Avengers movie, but this one beats out both for me.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144589 on: April 28, 2019, 06:43:45 pm »

That's pretty amazing in all senses of the word.  First of all, it's amazing that many people have the leisure time to go entertain themselves.  It's amazing that humanity has spent essentially 70,000 person-years of GDP (using world per-capita GDP of $17,300) to go see the thing.

I guess it is amazing, but it's also kind of depressing. I don't mean to sound like a hipster, but when so many people want to go have exactly the same experience it feels like we've gotten too culturally homogeneous.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144590 on: April 28, 2019, 06:56:28 pm »

That is exactly the most hipster-ish response that could be said in this discussion.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #144591 on: April 28, 2019, 06:58:56 pm »

I mean, they spent at least a decade probing markets with movies in pretty much the same series, all of which had hype for this one. It doesn't mean anything particularly weird, it just means that their strategy worked.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144592 on: April 28, 2019, 07:13:03 pm »

He came back later for another shot at the carrots though.

he took another stab at it?

honk honk
I hang my head in shame... Verily, you have bested me. This was always the correct response, and I was blind to have not seen it.

Also, "Lifenet"? I am clearly not operating at full cognitive capacity today.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Speak this word carefully.  I myself have only grazed upon its fruits, not yet sought direct experience.

Also I agree that botany is OP when/if they have direct access to a grinder, but back in the day when they had to finagle the *chef*?  Chemists, pah.  Whining because the public service department gets access to their toys.

After a lot of effort, while serving the public.
Sure, mass-producing certain compounds with system mastery is pretty powerful.
If you get mutagen.  From chemistry...  Or patience.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #144593 on: April 28, 2019, 07:22:21 pm »

I sort of shuffled through my retail job today. It's only for the weekend, I know, but it's somewhat discouraging to think of all the time I've spent building bricks for my future, yet there's an extremely good chance the next few years of life will see me be a full-time retail shuffler.

The WTF part being that it was so extremely boring. There was nothing to do today at all. I tried to look busy shifting things around, and that's it. Some foreign fella clicked his fingers at me and called me 'boy', and that's about as much excitement as I got.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #144594 on: April 28, 2019, 07:48:28 pm »

I am miffed. Went to see Avengers today. Film was great, and I shan't talk about its content any more, and I ask none spoil it either.

I am miffed because in the last 20min the power went out and the cinema had to cease all operations for the rest of the day because there's a fucking end times-tier storm going on. Grumble.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #144595 on: April 28, 2019, 08:16:16 pm »

My favorite part is when antman kills Thanos by expanding inside his colon
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144596 on: April 28, 2019, 08:23:32 pm »

I really liked evil Cap from the mirror universe.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144597 on: April 28, 2019, 08:26:56 pm »

Also I agree that botany is OP when/if they have direct access to a grinder, but back in the day when they had to finagle the *chef*?  Chemists, pah.  Whining because the public service department gets access to their toys.

After a lot of effort, while serving the public.
Sure, mass-producing certain compounds with system mastery is pretty powerful.
If you get mutagen.  From chemistry...  Or patience.

As a chem I give mutagen to botany and what do I get for thanks?  Tomatoes filled with bees.

Then again chem is like target #1 for obtaining dangerous bullshit to antag with.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144598 on: April 28, 2019, 11:53:42 pm »

My favorite part is when antman kills Thanos by expanding inside his colon
I really liked evil Cap from the mirror universe.
Guys, remember that non-spoilers are still unpleasant. They occupy parts of your brain and make you waste energy dismissing them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #144599 on: April 29, 2019, 02:39:33 am »

There's probably a setting somewhere to change between en/uk and en/us.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 9638 9639 [9640] 9641 9642 ... 11037