Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9591 9592 [9593] 9594 9595 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468133 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143880 on: March 27, 2019, 07:26:25 pm »

I would just go the fuck home. You should go the fuck home.

I would, but since I bus everywhere, by the time I would actually reach home, I'd be arriving at about the same time as if I left with my mom.

It's a matter of principle. Might as well have some time to yourself on the bus.

+1 and the bonus is you’re not with your mother.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143881 on: March 27, 2019, 07:39:28 pm »

20 minutes before my class ended, I got a text from my mom saying that I had to leave and go to her boyfriend's house. I thought there was an emergency or something, but no. My mom just decided to call me over, because she thought I'd rather run out of class early to go to the house than make my way home and spend a quiet evening on my own.

Wednesdays are the one night a week I get to spend time by myself, with no-one to hover over my goddamn shoulders, and my mom knows I don't like coming to her boyfriend's house, but she made me come over on a whim.

Shit on his carpet your mother to establish dominance.

ftfy
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143882 on: March 28, 2019, 01:58:38 pm »

The Gearbox presentation on PAX right now is a fascinating mess of awkward and terrible. Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea :c
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #143883 on: March 28, 2019, 02:22:29 pm »

I had a bizarre dream that I was discussing football management with Sir Alex Ferguson, because I had been the manager of the football team I support, then I remembered in the dream I have no memories of this so it didn't happen, but I was still a football manager anyway.

Then Alex Ferguson got upset because Man U got beat 7-3 by Watford, and stormed out, and I was sad, but then he came back and said he was going to walk his dog and he'd be back in an hour, which cheered me up.

For some reason this all took place in a warehouse..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143884 on: March 28, 2019, 04:20:29 pm »

Manager's reaction to that Puerto Rican supervisor's claim I hit her with a hanger: treats me as if I full-on assaulted her, including a (very dubious) claim that he was watching it happen on the surveillance camera. Worst that could possibly have happened was accidentally hitting her with it as I grabbed it from her as she was shoving it in my face.

Manager's reaction to my claim that the Puerto Rican supervisor and her sister have been constantly harassing me for several months: "Write down two or three things you'd them to do differently and get back to me."

That's literally what he said.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143885 on: March 28, 2019, 04:25:29 pm »

File a report with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. From the sound of things, you have solid ground to claim discrimination and a hostile work environment. If nothing else, the investigation will shake things up, and should be anonymous unless you ask them to sue on your behalf.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143886 on: March 28, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »

OK.  There is this little instructional book on how to properly chart bed and bathroom performance, called "Rehab Care Coding BETTY".  In it, the eponymous "betty" (a middle aged skinny woman with clearly nothing wrong with her) smiles vacuously while nurse aides reposition her on beds and toilets. (it's just sitting here, being all amusing at the Nurse's desk)

EVERY SINGLE PICTURE in the damn thing demands an image meme.  What is a guy like me to do?

Gawd! HERE IT IS!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:03:45 am by wierd »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143887 on: March 29, 2019, 12:00:27 am »

Which image is the most memeworthy?
EDIT: I know that it's probably intended to be taken seriously, but WTF am I seeing?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:02:24 am by methylatedspirit »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143888 on: March 29, 2019, 12:02:03 am »

I dunno-- ALL OF THEM?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143889 on: March 29, 2019, 12:09:02 am »

It's an instructional book on how to rate the degree of assistance you give a resident when performing ADLs. (Activities of Daily Living).  Things like eating, getting into and out of bed, Into and out of a chair, On and off the toilet, etc.

Properly rating their performance is important to document their current healthcare status.

But there's Betty-- Smiling like fucking Joker, as those nurse aides attend to her non-existent care needs (when a REAL resident would by angry about having to need such help, and may even be combative.)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143890 on: March 29, 2019, 06:47:00 am »

BED MOBILITY EATING TRANSFER TOILET YES

P:  wow, that was painful.  I guess they want to make sure they are completely unambiguous, since the small tweaks (such as opening a juice bottle) changes the code.  I just cant imagine spending all day shooting for that, and worse spending the time to memorize it.  Im sure it was made because some aides can be a bit daft.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:55:33 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143891 on: March 29, 2019, 07:18:01 am »

BED MOBILITY EATING TRANSFER TOILET YES

P:  wow, that was painful.  I guess they want to make sure they are completely unambiguous, since the small tweaks (such as opening a juice bottle) changes the code.  I just cant imagine spending all day shooting for that, and worse spending the time to memorize it.  Im sure it was made because some aides can be a bit daft.

It's making the safe assumption that everyone involved has dementia.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143892 on: March 29, 2019, 07:24:40 am »

If they don't now, they might after reading that book!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143893 on: March 29, 2019, 08:03:28 am »

I'unno, maybe the one true-to-reality part is where she goes to the bathroom without removing her pants?

E: It occurs to me that laundry must be a thing of horror for places that use books like that. Never really thought about it before now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:05:08 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143894 on: March 29, 2019, 08:05:41 am »

OK.  There is this little instructional book on how to properly chart bed and bathroom performance, called "Rehab Care Coding BETTY".  In it, the eponymous "betty" (a middle aged skinny woman with clearly nothing wrong with her) smiles vacuously while nurse aides reposition her on beds and toilets. (it's just sitting here, being all amusing at the Nurse's desk)

Agreed. Should be a 400+ pound dude who you can smell through your monitor.
Pages: 1 ... 9591 9592 [9593] 9594 9595 ... 11037