Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9543 9544 [9545] 9546 9547 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14511767 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143160 on: February 28, 2019, 12:39:32 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:49:44 am by dragdeler »
let

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143161 on: February 28, 2019, 12:49:59 pm »

Question: regarding that massive influx of Middle Easterners that happened a while back into all of Europe, has there sprung up overnight a lot of "Authentic Middle Eastern Food" kinda restaurants?

Not really in germany. Maybe because we've always had a lot of turkish people living here, so there have always been various turkish/arabic restaurants everywhere anyways.
Might be different out in the boonies, but in the cities I've spent much time in it has always been that way.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143162 on: February 28, 2019, 01:13:48 pm »

but "uncooked fish with rice and maybe some soy sauce" as a concept has still somehow managed to insert itself into this coastal country with its proud fishing traditions
How adventurous, seeing how it's not uncooked fish buried in sand with salt and dill, or uncooked fish soaked in lye solution.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143163 on: February 28, 2019, 05:00:34 pm »

So apparently, in neighbouring Croatia a dude threw four of his kids off a balcony, none were older than 10 and all are in a very bad state at the moment.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how fucked in the head one has to be (by drugs or otherwise) to do something of that nature and it's not going particularly well. Maybe if you were tripping that the kids were bombs and you were Adam West batman? Maybe?

I don't know man, people are fucking horrible piece of shit waiting to expose their shittyness at the worst possible time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143164 on: February 28, 2019, 05:15:46 pm »

@Kagus: I was going to make a Black Books comment about that but then I went back to quote your post and saw you'd already made one. Darn. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143165 on: February 28, 2019, 05:37:57 pm »

Almost walked out of work(again) today. Person working housewares right behind me drops a plate, it explodes, showering my legs with broken ceramic. Had I not been wearing very long pants, I probably would have been cut. I yell at the guy to be a lot more careful. Supervisor immediately starts screaming at me for yelling at the other guy. Nevermind that I just barely avoided a potentially serious injury simply because of my choice of clothing. Took a picture of the pile of ceramic shards left on the floor after they swept it up, clearly they did a great job with that.

Even better, less than an hour after this incident, one of the women sorting clothes gets a severe cut on her finger because she wasn't wearing the gloves that she's required by company safety standards to be wearing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143166 on: February 28, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »

Dang dude, ceramic's no joke.

Have you considered calling OSHA?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143167 on: February 28, 2019, 07:59:02 pm »

THQ Nordic tried doing an official AMA on 8chan. So many WTFs in that sentence.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #143168 on: February 28, 2019, 08:17:01 pm »

THQ Nordic tried doing an official AMA on 8chan. So many WTFs in that sentence.
Also some of the answers. One user asked THQ 2.0 to not "censor" because of "SocJus", the answer was that they were not doing that. Another asked... where the lolis were at, and was posted with a picture of... well, exactly that. So THQ cannot even claim they don't even know what the term means. And they... said the person asking would get them.

It's like, either whomever did this was absolute scum, or absolutely moronic. And from what I hear the various dev teams bought by THQ Nordic are absolutely livid because they are now associated with that crap.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143169 on: February 28, 2019, 10:28:53 pm »

Sometimes I feel like I should be impaled on a spear. Which isn't a metaphor or anything, that is specifically what I feel. I don't know why I feel this but it is oddly comforting. Just imagining my essence getting perforated by a big cold rod of metal. Hmm.
Maybe that's not actually similar at all to wanting to destroy everything.

I mean, maybe you're just gay? /Freud
Or jesus . . .  reborn, martyr, lost in a crowd, etc.  so many meanings.

P: but dont mind me, im drunk.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:30:47 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #143170 on: March 01, 2019, 09:39:19 am »

I suspect my roommate may be “borrowing” my earbuds without my permission. I have given him explicit permission a total of one time in my memory so far, although he perhaps interpreted my general lack of protest (So far I’ve only asked him to please bring them back) as permission for subsequent borrowings.

Either that, or I’ve been misplacing my earbuds on multiple occasions which also warrants a WTF.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143171 on: March 01, 2019, 01:11:50 pm »

-At work-
-Someone drops a plate-
-I yell at them-
-I get yelled at for yelling-
Sounds about right. Can’t say I haven’t been hit with flying glass before when working at a resteraunt. You suck it up or seek compensation. No other options.
Plus when you’re “in the public eye”, you have to be Disney levels of cheerful and forgiving. Save the berating for after you help them pick it up.
You did help them pick it up... right?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #143172 on: March 01, 2019, 03:06:00 pm »

I had this this wonderful exchange this morning with one of my minions

Him: [Name] isn´t in his room, he´s getting [test] done"

Me: Oh? Are you sure?

Him: yes

Me: Have you checked?

Me: So, let me get this crystal clear, you´re saying that if I go to that room that is literally two meters away, open the door, and peek inside, I will TOTALLY be wasting my time because there is NOONE there right?

(I proceed to go, open the door, and voila, [Name] is sitting inside the room)

Me: Anything to comment on this development?

Him: Uh...

Me: Nevermind, let´s move on.

It´s not an isolated event, for the record.  For the life of me I can´t figure out what´s the deal with this guy
Remember this?

Well this guy, while he HAS improved a bit in some aspects, he also has had new and marvelous WTF moments in the last week, including forgetting important stuff on a five minute span, stalking people, and being generally creepy.

The most wonderful one by far, though, was a report I had yesterday that he had been spotted eating tissue paper.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #143173 on: March 01, 2019, 03:19:41 pm »

And he's.... a medic?

What the actual fuck and how is he still employed?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #143174 on: March 01, 2019, 03:55:27 pm »

A shortage of medics, I would assume. Or connections to the boss.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 9543 9544 [9545] 9546 9547 ... 11037