Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9477 9478 [9479] 9480 9481 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524055 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142170 on: January 26, 2019, 03:08:27 pm »

Bar? Oh, you're talking about the baseboard.
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142171 on: January 26, 2019, 03:23:36 pm »

just IRL people aren’t limited to only knowing what you look like.

Like people bother digging any deeper these days.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142172 on: January 26, 2019, 05:24:31 pm »

Today's edition of why I hate my job: that Hispanic supervisor that I hate? Start of day, she throws a ceramic piece at a trash can, it explodes off the rim, nearly spraying me with ceramic shards. I walk away to do my job standing somewhere else. A few minutes later, she finally gets around to cleaning it up, then looks at me and calls me a "pendejo". I don't know Spanish, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what that means. I called her something roughly equivalent, then told the manager I was not going to put up with her crap, as well as explain what "pendejo" meant. Immediately, the manager sides completely with her, acts as if she did absolutely nothing at all, like she does every single time something like this happens. Sure, I probably should not have said anything, but she started it, and why else would I go to the manager if I had started it? But no, I'm always wrong in everything I do. I would have walked out then and there, but the manager held the door shut when I tried.

I spent the rest of the day putting a very large space buffer between me and her - good thing since one of the first things she did after the above incident was ram a cart filled with housewares into a rack filled with hangers(which I had placed as the buffer), knocking many to the floor, and of course did nothing to pick them up.

I still have to find the contact information for our Loss Prevention department, they'll be pretty interested to hear about how the manager has been coaching the pricers on how to minimize prices on stuff she or her minions want to buy, then stashes it for several days. I'm also still sitting on about 80 photographs of various safety violations, the majority of which are me trapped behind piles of stuff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142173 on: January 26, 2019, 05:30:12 pm »

Jesus. Don't suppose the place has security cameras? If not I'd say break out the spycams to catch some of this shit on film... I mean, except for the whole "that's illegal" issue.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142174 on: January 26, 2019, 05:37:57 pm »

If this is part of a larger organization, (which it sounds like it is) this sounds like grounds to escalate above your immediate manager to the branch manager, or even higher, to corporate level complaints.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142175 on: January 26, 2019, 05:40:39 pm »

Jesus. Don't suppose the place has security cameras? If not I'd say break out the spycams to catch some of this shit on film... I mean, except for the whole "that's illegal" issue.
Cameras all around the place, actually. It's even that model of camera that's actually pretty hard to spot if you don't know what it looks like. Even I don't know where all of them are, and I do know what they look like.

Except the parking lot. There's only one camera I know of out there, and I think it only covers directly in front of the front door.

If this is part of a larger organization, (which it sounds like it is) this sounds like grounds to escalate above your immediate manager to the branch manager, or even higher, to corporate level complaints.

Believe me, I have every cause to do that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142176 on: January 26, 2019, 05:42:12 pm »

As someone who works as part of that process on occasion, yes you should 100% bring that evidence to your regional manager, and sooner rather than later.

Call them, tell them what's happened, let them get the other sides, and when the guilty parties tell all their lies, then show them the photo evidence. Also, provide COPIES, not originals.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:59:00 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142177 on: January 26, 2019, 05:46:28 pm »

Get it in motion so they grab the security tapes before they're junked.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142178 on: January 27, 2019, 01:30:18 am »

TIL in Smash, Jigglypuff dies instantly when her shield is broken.

I was literally 0% to Death-ing a Jig by just landing Ganon's up-tilt, which is a guaranteed shield break if someone actually tries to block it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142179 on: January 27, 2019, 01:32:56 am »

If only all the pokemon would die that easily...

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142180 on: January 27, 2019, 05:28:14 am »

Akura as  your Hispanic friend I can tell you two things:

She called you the equivalent of asshole. But actually pendejo means not literally aashole, but an idiotic asshole, or simply a ruder version of idiot.

Second, I can teach you the nastier insults to trow back at her (only if it doesn't get you in trouble). Where is that coño de madre pendeja from?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142181 on: January 27, 2019, 05:35:06 am »

In the US, he has to be VERY VERY careful, especially if he is a white male.

She, being a latina, is a kind of protected species. Using any kind of slur, especially one in spanish, is a great way to get terminated for racial insensitivity.  It does not matter if that punta is performing Santeria curses with chicken blood and slashing tires or not. 

The CORRECT action is to document all of her malign activity with as much hard evidence as possible, then submit it to the regional manager of that organization.

If he does ANYTHING ELSE he can potentially face legal recriminations.  For real.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142182 on: January 27, 2019, 06:02:10 am »

Pero que carajos?! Eso es una mierda. How can it be she's allowed to insult him and he can't defend himself? Why a Hispanic woman has more rights, aren't all equal under the law?  It must the the democrats work! Hahahaha :o :P

In that case I could teach him back handed compliments or simply harmless, silly but frustrating things to say to her.

I'm aggravated that some one hides behind the lack of knowledge of a language to insult and despite another human being, specially if is using my mother language and is insulting my friend.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142183 on: January 27, 2019, 06:09:43 am »

It's the inevitable side effect of liberal application of hatespeech laws.

There unfortunately *ARE* yokel trash that despise anyone that looks or talks differently from them, and they do need to be treated harshly. However, the converse of that protection, is that it enables bad behavior.  Like this.

How do you PROVE that you are not a racist ass, especially when she turns on the tear factory and says how horribad a person you are?  Simple-- you have to be fucking unimpeachable in your presentation, and document the shit out of her misbehavior.

That really is the only way.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142184 on: January 27, 2019, 06:17:33 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:50:13 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 9477 9478 [9479] 9480 9481 ... 11037