Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9460 9461 [9462] 9463 9464 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526116 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141915 on: January 21, 2019, 03:00:48 pm »

The Hell kinda neighbors did you grow up with? Kid deserved a double fudge bullet with hasswhuppin extract.

I also would break more than his shelves if he had snuck into my home at 12 and done those things.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141916 on: January 21, 2019, 03:03:15 pm »

Ever had hot chocolate with a dash of cayenne powder? Pseudo-Aztec style.
Cayenne powder, no. Cinnamon, yes. Is good. Good for chocolate milk, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141917 on: January 21, 2019, 03:12:54 pm »

cayenne pepper is frequently added to dark chocolates.  Had it-- pretty nice, but doesn't hold a candle to my brownies.

I used everclear and a pressure cooker to extract all the capsacin from the seeds. It was VERY potent.

Anyhow, I made a mixed batch that time. Half were normal, and half were essentially pepperspray in brownie form.  I conspired with the OTHER neighbor kid to get my revenge:  I showed up with a platter or brownies and a tall pitcher of cold milk.  Cake-bandit showed up and wanted brownies, and I told him NO, he could NOT have any.  This of course, made him want them even more, as I had planned.  We ate all the normal brownies, left the milk and evil ones on the platter on the side porch, then jumped on the trampoline in the back yard. A few minutes later, there were blood curdling screams, and a slamming door.  I was worried I had gotten my conspirator's younger brother (who was 5 at the time, and totally innocent of any crime), so I ran to investigate.  Nope, it was cake-bandit all right.  Idiot had inhaled about 8 brownies before they took effect, and when they did, he rubbed his eyes.  It was glorious.

I am not a heartless ass though, I helped him out with cold milk compresses to his face.

But you know what?  He never ruined any of my birthday parties again.

(Seriously, he trashed the place on the summer my cousins from alabama showed up.  That summer was the last I saw of my cousin for 15 years.  He did it when we left to go to town to get icecream. Needless to say, I was rather put out by that. That's OK. He learned a valuable lesson about taking things that arent his.)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141918 on: January 21, 2019, 03:32:26 pm »

Green tea is really only to be consumed when one is sick.
I drink green tea when I'm painting- to keep the caffeine content down.

But yeah sorry all, Iced tea is great. Even the sugary stuff, because it's the preferable alternative to soda.

You try drinking hot tea when it's 40C all day long.
The hot drink makes the ambient temperature feel less noticeable.
Well here's someone who breaks a finger to get their mind off their leg.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141919 on: January 21, 2019, 04:44:15 pm »

I used everclear and a pressure cooker to extract all the capsacin from the seeds. It was VERY potent.

How old were you?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141920 on: January 21, 2019, 04:47:08 pm »

Everclear is a valuable culinary ingredient. It's pure alcohol afterall. Useful to bring out several essential flavors when used right.  I've always loved to cook. :P

I asked mom to get me some so I could try a new recipe. She obliged. :D  I used the rest to make delicious deserts. (well, and a few marinades)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:50:04 pm by wierd »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141921 on: January 21, 2019, 04:49:46 pm »

That does not answer my question, but sure.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141922 on: January 21, 2019, 04:52:27 pm »

It was about a month after the birthday was crashed.  So.. 12.

Mom later told me she would never have acquiesced to my request had she known what I had in mind... But she did secretly enjoy that the punishment fit the crime.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141923 on: January 21, 2019, 04:57:43 pm »

I'm not surprised. Pressure cooking with liquor is needlessly dangerous; the alcohol, boiling at a lower temperature than water, can form a cloud of flammable vapor that trips the emergency pressure release on the cooker.

Usually does, come to think of it. I'm more than a little surprised you didn't pepper spray yourself.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141924 on: January 21, 2019, 05:00:07 pm »

I actually had considered that!!

I used the lowest possible flame, and turned the vent hood on full blast. also avoided using a weight on the valve. (it was an old fashioned cooker that used a weight over the stem.)  I also added water because I did not want to throw off the moisture balance of the recipe. (I just needed the solvent properties to get the capsacin out. It dissolves only poorly in water.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:01:44 pm by wierd »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141925 on: January 21, 2019, 05:05:13 pm »

You vaporized 191-proof liquor over a gas flame long enough for capsaicin extraction without anything catching fire and held it at sufficient pressure for there to be ethanol remaining without actually engaging the pressure valve.

I see.

I'm going to assume this is like the time you showed someone the lunar landing sites with a home telescope, I think.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141926 on: January 21, 2019, 05:06:52 pm »

191 proof would be 100% pure ethanol.  What part of "I added water" did you not comprehend?

Pure alcohol would have dehydrated the brownies when they cooked.  I wanted alcohol that wouldnt impact the flavor. I did not need it to be 100% to do the extraction.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141927 on: January 21, 2019, 07:01:19 pm »

Well, no, 200 proof would be 100% alcohol. 191 would be 95(.5)%, which is the strongest variant of everclear.

Anyways, just had an odd gaming session with ups and downs... I ran into a fellow out camping when I was hunting night people and panthers in the swamp, so after nearly riding into the middle of his little camp (he was hidden behind a bush, and I was looking for alligators) I put the brakes on and said hi. He yelled "Hey! You're not supposed to be here! Get!". I hit the Defuse reply and told him to calm down, and that there was "No trouble here".

The truth was though, there was definitely trouble here. While Arthur was formulating his reply, the man bolted to his feet... And stepped into the fire. Naturally, being made out of anger and cardboard packaging, the man instantly started screaming as his legs exploded into flame. As he was falling over and metamorphosing into a beautiful bonfire, Arthur gave his "No trouble here" line.

Later on, I ended up getting tracked down and surrounded by bounty hunters when I didn't have a bounty. I tried to mock surrender until they were close enough to shoot, but the game thought I meant to actually surrender and it put me in jail for the crime of nothing, to serve out justice for my bounty of $0.

That's when a couple of the boys came along and bust me out of there in a hail of shouts and gunfire. I didn't have a bounty before, but it was only through dumb luck that I didn't have one now after our exit.

John told me to "keep myself out of jail for a while", which is easier said than done when people are willing to arrest you for literally nothing.

During that whole affair, I seem to have lost my secondary horse, Galahad... He was a lovely thoroughbred, even if he was a bit of a dimwit who liked going places where he wasn't supposed to go.

Oh well. I suppose it's time to bring Percival out for a run again, poor fellow's been locked up for ages. Let's just hope he's less intent on running into and in front of Guinevere than Galahad was...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141928 on: January 21, 2019, 07:06:28 pm »

Excuse me, but every guide on the internet says that the capsaicin extraction process has to be anhydrous. If you added water during that process, it looks like you would have had basically some boozed up pepper flake water.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141929 on: January 21, 2019, 07:11:55 pm »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 9460 9461 [9462] 9463 9464 ... 11037