Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9414 9415 [9416] 9417 9418 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14546790 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141225 on: December 19, 2018, 10:45:23 pm »

New computer. Halfway through the next day (today), the old computer has been turned into a mousepad. By the end of the day it experiences an upgrade to mousepad plus paperweight.

... I probably should be treating this thing with a bit more... dignity or somethin'. It mostly still works! It's just... it was there, stuck to the new computer with a lan cord after doing transfer-y stuff. Within easy reach. With a good sized flat surface available. Plus it's decently weighty.

Laptops make for weirdly multi-talented paperweights if you're not using it as a computer is all I'm saying.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141226 on: December 19, 2018, 11:45:21 pm »

I still have all my old computers.  One of them is being used as a small end table next to my bed, one is sitting on my desk by my monitor with the drives stripped out and is acting as shelving for my amiibo and figurines.  Though I'll probably clean out this old desk soon and move them to proper places and give that PC a dignified burial instead of just treating it like a large mammal a cold night on hoth.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141227 on: December 20, 2018, 12:27:49 am »

I havent played an online game in like, five years or something. Holy shit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141228 on: December 20, 2018, 12:27:53 am »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/18/uk-couple-who-named-baby-after-hitler-jailed-for-terror-group-membership
You know, beyond the weird element of calling their son Adolf Hitler, I can't help but focus on their surnames AKA Thomas and Patatas. If the child gets a Portuguese citizenship and they follow Iberian naming customs, the lucky child's surnames would be "Thomas Patatas"... which in Spain it's the kind of surname combination that would get you mocked all through your childhood and beyond
Also, the Anarchist Cookbook is banned in the UK? That's very bizzare
If I remember right, the UK has a loosely written and all encompassing blanket ban on any literature "which may be used to aid in acts of terrorism". So a lot of books are banned.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141229 on: December 20, 2018, 12:40:50 am »

An yet 50 shades of Grey is legal. The terror war on Literature continues.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141230 on: December 20, 2018, 12:56:17 am »

What about truck-driving manuals?

In other news: I just accidentally jabbed myself in the gaping finger-hole* with something on my desk after forgetting I'd removed the band-aid. Ow.   
Also, did I mention it was pretty unpleasant when I acquired said finger-hole? Gosh. Are you familiar with the term "wickedly sharp"? That would be a valid descriptor for the incident yesterday in which it occurred. How about the term "bleeding profusely"? Ditto.
I swear I'm not normally that clumsy. Or stupid. 'Cause it certainly was stupid to be using a knife in such a way to begin with. Cursed lack of kitchen scissors...   

* gaping finger-hole that is, a hole in my finger, not a hole you put fingers into. Although I could just about fit one of my other fingers in there if I so desired. I really did a number on my digit.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141231 on: December 20, 2018, 01:00:33 am »

If the wound's that big, you might want a doctor to go look at it just so it doesn't heal wrong.

Incidentally, in future you might consider knife-proof gloves.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141232 on: December 20, 2018, 01:06:52 am »

The finger in question's sole duty is to occasionally stand upright on its own, facing in the direction of someone or something that has displeased me. As long as the wound (which is near the fingertip) doesn't somehow cause the joints to stop working I imagine it will still be able to fulfil its sacred purpose. In fact, I imagine any grotesque disfigurements it acquires during the healing process will most likely enhance its utility in that regard.

My job doesn't actually involve using knives, normally. I just couldn't find any scissors in the kitchen at work and was both famished and tired and desperately in need of tasty noodles, yet their flavour sachets are nigh-impossible to open without a sharp implement of some kind. Probably didn't help that in my frantic haste I got seasoning oil all over my hands, either... gods, the whole thing was a shambles.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141233 on: December 20, 2018, 04:22:53 am »

I wish I had a gaping storage hole, too.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141234 on: December 20, 2018, 07:31:46 am »

I mean, you have a couple that would suffice with a bit of effort and a great deal of willpower.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141235 on: December 20, 2018, 10:04:02 am »

If the wound's that big, you might want a doctor to go look at it just so it doesn't heal wrong.

They wouldn't help me. I get cut by anything BUT knives. Corn, crates, fucking broccoli... Yet I can drop a razor sharp knife, catch it by the blade and jam it against something accidentally, no cut.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141236 on: December 20, 2018, 10:04:59 am »

They wouldn't help me. I get cut by anything BUT knives. Corn, crates, fucking broccoli... Yet I can drop a razor sharp knife, catch it by the blade and jam it against something accidentally, no cut.

Did you make a wish with an evil genie by chance?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141237 on: December 20, 2018, 10:36:57 am »

I may have tried to trade my soul for coke and sex but no, no evil genies.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #141238 on: December 20, 2018, 10:46:03 am »

Excuse me, but how did you cut yourself on broccoli? I just can't figure out how a spongy vegetable with no sharp edges could do it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141239 on: December 20, 2018, 11:18:02 am »

Not even cut myself. You know those little bitty brussel sprout looking bits? The part you eat? Somehow, I looked down at my hand one day and one of those had impaled my thumb-index webbing, stem down. Not like, a significant piece. Literally one single tiny broccoli sprout thing. I bled and also realized all of vegetable kind was now at war with me.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9414 9415 [9416] 9417 9418 ... 11038