Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9398 9399 [9400] 9401 9402 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14551206 times)

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140985 on: December 10, 2018, 11:12:30 pm »

Why don't you cook the chicken instead of licking up the raw juices.
I suggest forcing some butter under the skin. Stuffing can also help with it not drying out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #140986 on: December 10, 2018, 11:20:23 pm »

Mate, don't ask me. I wasn't the one going about cooking it. Currently it seems to have been put in a slow cooker with some cream of chicken after I badgered the person who put it out until they did something about it.

... that said, personally I very very much prefer drier chicken. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to make jerky and then the jerkypalypse is going to descend on our meat stores forever. It's actually half the reason I haven't yet. I know my desire for jerky and what's going to happen if I figure out how to get a hold of it for substantially less than a dollar an ounce.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140987 on: December 11, 2018, 03:19:33 am »

really?  You dont know how to make what could conceivably be the worlds oldest processed food? (Vying only with sausage?)

Seriously. If you dont have a dehydrator, you can use an oven.  Soak the meat in your curing mix (usually liquid smoke, salt, and black pepper; but there are others) overnight in a ziplock bag, then lay the meat over a clean wire rack and cook at 200 to 220 F for several hours until fully dehydrated.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140988 on: December 11, 2018, 04:12:21 am »

Both clocks near the nurse's desk are synchronized to the second exactly.

One is a wind-up clock.  The other is a cheap battery operated analog one.  I am hearing them tick in synchronicity. From opposite ends of the room.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140989 on: December 11, 2018, 05:55:40 am »

- Akura, don't let people (even your parents) take any kind of credits on your name. It has the huge potential of ending with you in unpayable debt or jail, and your relationship with that person (in this case your parents) broken.

- Frumple, smack the thawer in the head with the chicken and make a point of left things thawing in the fuckin sink, or a big enough bowl.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140990 on: December 11, 2018, 10:01:38 am »

Last night my father drove over my foot by accident (he thought I'd gotten into the car, when in fact I was sorting out one of the suitcases).

It didn't hurt, and doesn't seem to have done any damage, but realising the weight of a car was partially resting on my foot was a little surreal. So was the ensuing conversation.

"He's not in, stop!"
"Sorry."
--Awkward pause--
"You've run over my foot."
"What?"
"I think you should reverse."
One wheel short of a wagon

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #140991 on: December 11, 2018, 10:59:05 am »

Last night my father drove over my foot by accident (he thought I'd gotten into the car, when in fact I was sorting out one of the suitcases).

It didn't hurt, and doesn't seem to have done any damage, but realising the weight of a car was partially resting on my foot was a little surreal. So was the ensuing conversation.

"He's not in, stop!"
"Sorry."
--Awkward pause--
"What?"
This is why, when I have passengers, I always do a seatbelt check before I take my car out of park (which everyone I know rightfully finds obnoxious). But hey, this kind of thing even happens to safe drivers.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140992 on: December 11, 2018, 12:49:18 pm »

I don't give a chicken's ass what anybody says. I still say you make a hell of a chicken jerky.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140993 on: December 11, 2018, 01:11:25 pm »

"He's not in, stop!"
"Sorry."
--Awkward pause--
"What?"
"It was inevitable."
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140994 on: December 11, 2018, 01:22:23 pm »

You can make jerky in the flippin microwave.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140995 on: December 11, 2018, 01:33:21 pm »

So you should be wary when Googling people.

Guy on site A has his real name, location, and occupation on his profile. Google for the shiggles. Find out he had relations with three patients, including a minor.

<snip>

Similar happened to me. While getting into my aunt's van, I kind of grabbed the frame above the front door. She slams the door on my fingers. "Hey, could you open your door please?"

If this hadn't been a new-ish van in good repair, the rubber gasket around the door may not have protected my delicate flesh from the unfeeling steel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #140996 on: December 11, 2018, 01:35:21 pm »

Kingdom Two Crowns came out, really wanna get it, so I check the store page, 20€, cool, not too expensive for a wonderful little game like that. But then I notice there's a bundle with Two Crowns, the OST and the previous two versions, and since I have both of them it's offered at a discount which comes out cheaper than just buying the game itself would (about 2€ cheaper, but still), so I figure, what the hey and add it to the cart. Proceed to checkout and I'm greeted with a 32€ price all of a sudden, because, for whatever reason Kingdom New Lands is in the bundle cart for me, despite having it not only in my library but actually installed right now.

Can't really remove it from the cart without removing the whole bundle it seems, and since it's not being bought as a gift I doubt the extra key would be even useable :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140997 on: December 11, 2018, 03:38:48 pm »

On the occasions when you're allowed to purchase another license for a game you already have, it will generally just put the license in your inventory as a gift that you can give to someone else. At least, that's been my experience with it... Unless the title explicitly says that "you will not receive another key for this game, and also you will not avoid paying for this key that you can't use".

Also, I'll have you know that I've 100%'ed New Lands... Yeah.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140998 on: December 11, 2018, 03:44:04 pm »

I dunno what it was about yesterday's blood test, but it seemed far less fun than I remember blood tests being.
Maybe I was just on-edge for some reason and wasn't relaxed enough (as far as I can remember I usually watch the needle go in with no problems, but this time I had my eyes shut, looking away, doing my best to relax in spite of everything), but whatever the case I now have this moderately unpleasant-looking red welt in the crook of my arm.

Not entirely sure what trackmarks are supposed to look like - pretty sure the only ones I've seen were in Requiem For a Dream and maybe some other films I'm forgetting - but I can't help but imagine that's how this looks. Now I have to go spend a day in shortsleeves at work, too. Probably isn't even noticeable in the first place, but...
Anxiety engage!
...Wait, why should I care if my co-workers at this silly un-job think it is a trackmark, anyway? Pffft.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #140999 on: December 11, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »

It also depends on the tools and the person doing it.  Last time I got one I ended up with a slight trackmark (they look like a fine dark line on the skin, following the trajectory of the vein).  I wasnt about to complain because it was done as a favor but it was more traumatic than usual (my impression was that the person had been on a more managerial role for a while and was a tad rusty)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 9398 9399 [9400] 9401 9402 ... 11038