Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9361 9362 [9363] 9364 9365 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14561274 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140430 on: November 23, 2018, 06:53:18 am »

I mentioned Falafel in two threads and it turned into a linguistics lesson and a debate on rural vs. city life.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140431 on: November 23, 2018, 06:54:08 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:11:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140432 on: November 23, 2018, 08:21:38 am »

So I got to playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (WTF Firefox, my phone's speech to text knows Revengeance but you don't?) and it's a great game, I love it, what a great choice on my part. The WTF is that part of the story involves saving the lives of some children, but everyone is all like "But Raiden! You can't save EVERY child on the planet so what's even the point of saving these ones?!" and I just want to jump into a game so I can get up in their face about that shitty all-or-nothing logical fallacy.
That game's story only works if you assume its at least partly ironic.

"At yet here I am... arguing philosphy with terrorists" ~Raiden, summarizing the entire game

For bonus points, after you beat the game watch any youtube video about Armstrong and read what Trump supporters are saying in the comments.

Oh man, I don't think I'm ready for this difficulty level.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #140433 on: November 23, 2018, 10:07:19 am »

So... this will be a thing, I guess? Shrek is love, Shrek is life
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140434 on: November 23, 2018, 10:36:26 am »

So... this will be a thing, I guess? Shrek is love, Shrek is life
I never ended up watching that Star Wars remake all the way through... See, I originally thought they were going to use the film's audio track and just reshoot the visuals, but some scenes had your standard fare of someone who's never acted before and should never act again getting recorded on the etch-a-sketch someone found in a dumpster. I was slightly disappointed.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140435 on: November 23, 2018, 11:04:58 am »

I guess I didn't realize how influential China was in Pakistan - until BBC pointed it out.

Guess it makes sense, given their common rival. Pakistani military is not negligent . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #140436 on: November 23, 2018, 03:03:53 pm »

Somehow, my mother has managed to buy a shoddy Chinese flashlight/shocker (!) at a government approved, registered (but still private) delivery network (!!). While apparently shockers don't require a license in Russia, the fact that my mom didn't notice that the ordered flashlight is also a shocker, and how spooked she got when she accidentally pressed its dangling, ultra-sensitive button, was a sight to behold.

Overall, I gotta say that the situation was amusing, absurd, and revolting.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140437 on: November 23, 2018, 03:06:38 pm »

Somehow, my mother has managed to buy a shoddy Chinese flashlight/shocker (!) at a government approved, registered (but still private) delivery network (!!). While apparently shockers don't require a license in Russia, the fact that my mom didn't notice that the ordered flashlight is also a shocker, and how spooked she got when she accidentally pressed its dangling, ultra-sensitive button, was a sight to behold.

Ohmygod, I can't even... I can only alternate.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #140438 on: November 23, 2018, 03:30:01 pm »

Ohmygod, I can't even... I can only alternate.

Please, do not Ampere at me with such a shocked glare!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Hotfire90

« Reply #140439 on: November 23, 2018, 03:43:32 pm »

Watt is going on here?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140440 on: November 23, 2018, 03:49:00 pm »

The wtf thread is for current discussion only.  Let us not amplify the importance of small things like this.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140441 on: November 23, 2018, 03:53:41 pm »

I hope I would never have to use such a thing. I don't have the capacitor for violence. I'm too grounded in peace.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #140442 on: November 23, 2018, 07:59:47 pm »

I guess I didn't realize how influential China was in Pakistan - until BBC pointed it out.

Guess it makes sense, given their common rival. Pakistani military is not negligent . . .

China has leagues of influence all over the world right now, particularly in Asia and Africa. They are very busy investing into countries, and more importantly putting them in debt to China.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140443 on: November 23, 2018, 08:06:02 pm »

China has leagues of influence all over the world right now, particularly in Asia and Africa. They are very busy investing into countries, and more importantly putting them in debt to China.

Don’t resist the punnery, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140444 on: November 23, 2018, 08:44:18 pm »

Don’t RESIST the punnery, man.

You are a great conductor of this chorus of puns.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9361 9362 [9363] 9364 9365 ... 11040