Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9323 9324 [9325] 9326 9327 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14572956 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139860 on: November 08, 2018, 06:22:46 pm »

An ad on FB for some sort of VPN privacy app claimed that they're doing an "early black friday sale" for their licence.

Isn't the whole point of black friday sales that they happen on a specific day/date of the year due to certain circumstances? Who the fuck came up with the idea of doing an 'early' one? Isn't that just a regular goddamn sale in that case? Since the whole point of a black friday sale is that it happens on goddamn black friday?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #139861 on: November 08, 2018, 09:58:58 pm »

An ad on FB for some sort of VPN privacy app claimed that they're doing an "early black friday sale" for their licence.

Isn't the whole point of black friday sales that they happen on a specific day/date of the year due to certain circumstances? Who the fuck came up with the idea of doing an 'early' one? Isn't that just a regular goddamn sale in that case? Since the whole point of a black friday sale is that it happens on goddamn black friday?

Stop thinking about it; for your own sake, if nothing else. This isn't a unique occurrence, and pondering this path is a path to madness.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139862 on: November 08, 2018, 10:34:09 pm »

Had a wonderful conversation at around 3am with a very manic lady doing a variety of strange dance moves and/or stretches on the steps of Flinders station. Turns out she was actually just talking to herself, not me, but when I responded she proved happy to have someone other than herself to chat to anyway.

I'm not sure what she was on (she had tiny pupils but eyes like saucers), but it clearly led to some top-notch enlightenment as to the hidden workings of the universe. Unfortunately I was fairly drunk and have forgotten most of the details of her theology (it was quite hard to hear/understand her rapid, erratic speech in the first place and I was hesitant to ask her to repeat herself lest she turn violent) but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Apparently there are three planes of the afterlife (at least two of which she has visited personally) and she is hard at work creating a fourth. I wish her the best of luck in this endeavour. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139863 on: November 09, 2018, 12:38:44 am »

Only way is to dance it into existence.

I mean every race has a different breed of rank sweat stank. I'd have said most Caucasians smell like batteries.

plastic in the washer machine, that's just fine
What?
Plastic in the dishwasher?
Tissues in the clotheswasher
Oh yeah that's practically an un-funny practical joke level of inconvenience.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:45:30 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #139864 on: November 09, 2018, 03:21:25 am »

I've got a Steam coupon for Divinity Original Sin 2. Again. Despite already owning it. At very least I can trade this one.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #139865 on: November 09, 2018, 10:36:36 am »

coopins
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139866 on: November 09, 2018, 10:44:32 am »

The no-shave chit from the Navy held similar punnery.

What is even a chit?  And worse, that no-shaving little chit from two racks over.

When you were sick, you were given a chit to go to the sick bay, and the medic would most likely tell you to stop being a little chit and then give you a sick-bag consisting of modest amounts of Tylenol and cough syrup.  Your stupid chit made you annoying.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:46:57 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139867 on: November 09, 2018, 11:15:19 am »

Adulthood is realizing you should have rooted for the shark on Jaws, the Native Americans in cowboy movies, and the British in Revolutionary War movies.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139868 on: November 09, 2018, 11:18:18 am »

That's counter-culture adulthood.  A heightened sense of  empathy and a profound sense of the injustice of history.

It's the maturity of realizing that adults make their own choices and evaluate the datum to their own conclusions.  Its not adulthood, but a new generation of enlightenment and, possibly, compassion.  The progress of the value of humanity, really.

Plenty of fools believe what you said too wholeheartedly or without the introspection of reality.  Thankfully, the ultra-reactionaries of the 2000s have fallen -mostly- silent.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:21:53 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #139869 on: November 09, 2018, 11:20:08 am »

Yeah, 'I'm proud to be an American, cuz at least I know I'm rated 17th in personal freedom's has that counter culture mouth feel.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139870 on: November 09, 2018, 12:06:44 pm »

Let’s not go doing the brits too many favours eh?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #139871 on: November 09, 2018, 12:34:52 pm »

Adulthood is realizing you should have rooted for the shark on Jaws, the Native Americans in cowboy movies, and the British in Revolutionary War movies.
The British?

I'm actually taking a course on Loyalism and related ideas, and doing research on New York Tories. The sum comment I can make here is that Loyalists have a legitimate position, but they are also a position and not just the pro-british faction. Even the most loyalist loyalists were still pissed off by the Stamp Acts, for example; some of the most famous loyalists were even leaders of the opposition to the Stamp Acts! Consider Thomas Hutchinson of Massachusetts, or William Franklin (illegitimate son of Benjamin Franklin). In New York, the Court Party took power over its successful handling of opposition to Parliament, even though it would later be denounced as pure loyalists.

It's the maturity of realizing that adults make their own choices and evaluate the datum to their own conclusions.  Its not adulthood, but a new generation of enlightenment and, possibly, compassion.  The progress of the value of humanity, really.
This is the best defense of the loyalists, really. People who made their own decisions and rejected the fury of the patriots. A lot of loyalists became loyalists purely because of opposition to patriot tactics, or rebellion in general, or even war in general.
Let’s not go doing the brits too many favours eh?
Darn tootin. And the really funny thing is some loyalists who were resettled elsewhere in the British Empire ended up having grievances with the British or their new homes that might've seemed remarkably familiar. British policy could objectionable even to those who favored them, in various ways.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #139872 on: November 09, 2018, 01:27:52 pm »

I can’t watch movies. As soon as something too emotional pops up, I have to leave the room. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a musical from start to finish without missing a few parts.
The funny thing about the US revolutionary war is that most Americans still considered themselves British, and continued to do so for a large portion if the war. They even hung the union jack on their ships to proclaim their loyalty to the crown, and not Parliament. What’s more, the Boston protesters were recorded to have been yelling “SHOOT US YOU SINS OF BITCHES!!” to the British troops just before the Brots opened fire. Of course, I doubt either side in the war would ever bother telling you any of that, since the British have long since forgotten most of the details, and the Americans are too patriotic to admit any of the above.[/onlyslightlysarcastic]
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #139873 on: November 09, 2018, 02:18:15 pm »

I’m not sure a group of civilians telling an occupying force to shoot them is a particularly great excuse when those soldiers then open fire.

In saying that, the British referred to what the Americans called the Boston Massacre as “the Incident on King Streer” or some such.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #139874 on: November 09, 2018, 02:23:31 pm »

I'm a modern day loyalist, whooooòooo.

*dons balaclava*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9323 9324 [9325] 9326 9327 ... 11041