Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9244 9245 [9246] 9247 9248 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14553517 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138675 on: October 08, 2018, 05:57:19 am »

It's just the culmination of SMF's search function's slow descent into the depths of the abyss. It's been halfway broken for ages anyway.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138676 on: October 08, 2018, 06:15:08 am »

Damn, I should have seen this coming. First it was cutting off after 5 pages, then 4, then 3.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #138677 on: October 08, 2018, 06:19:25 am »

So apparently I made some waves in a party on the weekend. The rumour is that I drank everyone under the table and that I later had to be carried out of the venue due to that feat.

I'm actually a very moderate drinker and even cheated (using non-alcoholic beverages) in the drinking competition (and didn't actually win), and was carried out because of a leg injury rather than drunkness.

I'm not entirely sure if I should set things straight or just let the rumour spread. Do I want this kind of infamy?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #138678 on: October 08, 2018, 06:21:09 am »

In my experience, whatever you do the rumour will continue to spread. May as well explain it to people that bring it up and ignore it otherwise. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138679 on: October 08, 2018, 07:05:34 am »

I mean the longer the myth is perpetuated, the more annoyed the actual winner will get.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138680 on: October 08, 2018, 07:30:49 am »

So apparently I made some waves in a party on the weekend. The rumour is that I drank everyone under the table and that I later had to be carried out of the venue due to that feat.

I'm actually a very moderate drinker and even cheated (using non-alcoholic beverages) in the drinking competition (and didn't actually win), and was carried out because of a leg injury rather than drunkness.

I'm not entirely sure if I should set things straight or just let the rumour spread. Do I want this kind of infamy?

I too cheated in this fashion. I'm essentially tee-total for most of my life, but at a larp thingy this weekend, I had the opportunity to drink.  I spiked my spiced rum/kopparberg/weird sweet slightly sharp thingy with lucozade, and I was winning the drinking game so hard that I was drinking it when I won just to keep my mouth moist.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138681 on: October 08, 2018, 08:01:15 am »

But what if two people cheat in the same competition? Then it just becomes an Epic-See-Who-Can-Resist-the-Loo-the-Longest Competition instead.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138682 on: October 08, 2018, 08:04:30 am »

I too cheated in this fashion. I'm essentially tee-total for most of my life, but at a larp thingy this weekend, I had the opportunity to drink.  I spiked my spiced rum/kopparberg/weird sweet slightly sharp thingy with lucozade, and I was winning the drinking game so hard that I was drinking it when I won just to keep my mouth moist.

I looked up lucozade, and it's just a sugary sports drink? I'm not sure how that would help, but then again I'm a teetotaler as well, so I don't know anything about drunkenness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138683 on: October 08, 2018, 08:06:09 am »

**Makes connection to reference of "Mucous aide" found in Simon the Sorcerer II**

(bows out.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138684 on: October 08, 2018, 08:06:41 am »

It's a glucose-imbued fizz fest to which I have formed a mild addiction. Essentially an energy drink.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138685 on: October 08, 2018, 08:09:55 am »

It's a glucose-imbued fizz fest to which I have formed a mild addiction. Essentially an energy drink.

Drink of choice for larpers down here.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138686 on: October 08, 2018, 08:10:48 am »

I'm sure I'm asking the dumbest question: are energy drinks the cure to drunkenness?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138687 on: October 08, 2018, 08:12:10 am »

Cure in that they reverse some of the side effects.

Not the cure in that they make you more likely to die if you take them while drunk.

Or do you mean as an alternate drug?
One wheel short of a wagon

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138688 on: October 08, 2018, 08:13:24 am »

I'm sure I'm asking the dumbest question: are energy drinks the cure to drunkenness?

No, but they water alcohol down and replace lost sugars and whatnot after exercising, so you're not pouring alcohol onto a bed of exhaustion.

I don't know myself, having never been drunk, but apparently the split down here is pretty 50/50 on whether tea or energy drinks are best accompaniment to a greasy english breakfast for hangover cure.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138689 on: October 08, 2018, 08:15:51 am »

Oh, sure, maybe for hangovers. Depends on preference.

Please don't mix energy drinks and spirits though. It'll increase your tolerance except in all the ways that will help you stay alive.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:17:27 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 9244 9245 [9246] 9247 9248 ... 11039