Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9209 9210 [9211] 9212 9213 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14561622 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138150 on: September 19, 2018, 05:47:56 pm »

Oh great, now my War Thunder client is starting to launch itself for updates with no prompting.
You’ve only noticed that now?
It’s been doing it for a while

It only started for me just now. That said, the tray icon for the launcher has always come up on startup despite me (repeatedly*) removing it from startup. I close that every time I run the game. This is the first time it's come up on its own after doing that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138151 on: September 19, 2018, 07:25:59 pm »

My OCD just had a beneficial effect for once. :o
If not for my bizarre compulsion to include the date and time on all of my notes and shopping lists, I would not have checked the date and I would not have remembered it was Thursday already. I would have missed my appointment and had all sorts of hassles.

Or, y'know, I would have at least been running late even if I did realise.

The founder of reddit is Serena William's husband.  ???

(Serena Williams is the Tennis star who's been in the news about the US Open lately)
Man I hate her.
Isn't the gist of the whole outrage her throwing a childish tantrum because she was losing and then, when the umpire justly disqualified her for her behaviour, claiming she did it all for feminism?
The fact that she's apparently married to -- wait, the founder? So before Reddit turned bad, like a forgotten tomato left too long in the depths of the vegetable crisper? Well okay I guess I haven't found any new reasons to dislike her.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138152 on: September 19, 2018, 07:38:51 pm »

Nah the umpire gave her a warning ‘cause her coach was coaching from the stands, which is against the rules. She wasn’t watching but rules be rules.

She took this as a personal affront, later on broke her racquet, incurring a penalty point which enraged her further. She said the umpire should apologize because he called her a cheat and she would rather lose than do that.

Can’t recall what caused her to go off on one again, but she then called him a liar and a thief, incurring a third penalty, this time resulting in her losing a game, which I think put her opponent one game from victory.

Lots of “he wouldn’t do that to a man!” chat afterward, lots of pros saying he was a bad umpire, but he was backed by various official organizations and she was fined $17k, taken from her $1.85m winnings.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138153 on: September 19, 2018, 07:51:13 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot that bit. I don't keep up very closely, I do enjoy watching tennis but it's been a while since I've had a television on which to do so, haha.

With enough manufactured outrage I'm sure the entire tennis world can be forced to cave in, back down and eat its words. That's how things tend to work these days. ::)

Thank fukk for the Herald Sun, at least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #138154 on: September 20, 2018, 09:10:12 am »

Prickly, huh. Did you make sure to remove the leaves and peel the fruit first?

But yeah, pineapple juice has an enzyme in it that tenderizes meat. Luckily, living flesh can heal itself fast enough for it to not really matter beyond the lingering pain sensation.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138155 on: September 20, 2018, 09:19:16 am »

Prickly, huh. Did you make sure to remove the leaves and peel the fruit first?

But yeah, pineapple juice has an enzyme in it that tenderizes meat. Luckily, living flesh can heal itself fast enough for it to not really matter beyond the lingering pain sensation.
And the occasional peeling of flesh off the roof of your mouth. It's like a hangnail, but behind your teeth! Nummies.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138156 on: September 20, 2018, 10:26:32 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:38:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138157 on: September 20, 2018, 10:31:04 am »

My favorite thing about pineapples is that they eat you back. It's like a cannibalistic hug of sorts.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138158 on: September 20, 2018, 10:36:08 am »

My favorite thing about pineapples is that they eat you back. It's like a cannibalistic hug of sorts.

They also soften a pregnant woman's cervix and help her body prepare for labor. And you used to be able to rent pineapples to carry around as a status symbol.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138159 on: September 20, 2018, 10:44:18 am »

And beware, for when you eat too deeply of the pineapple
The pineapple eat also into you
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138160 on: September 20, 2018, 11:47:49 am »

They also soften a pregnant woman's cervix and help her body prepare for labor. And you used to be able to rent pineapples to carry around as a status symbol.

Nobles were obsessed with pineapples. There's a pineapple-shaped building in Falkirk that used to have greenhouses for pineapple-growing in Scotland. In 1731. Because pineapples.

I used to have a thing about bringing a pineapple if I wanted to get back to the house after being kicked out, like "the pineapple of forgiveness". Still not sure where that came from. Pineapples have mysterious properties I think.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138161 on: September 20, 2018, 12:21:30 pm »

IIRC they are technically berries and grow from the bottom up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #138162 on: September 20, 2018, 12:35:40 pm »

I ate a whole pineapple once, just peeled the fucker and started eating. By the end my mouth was bleeding and had lost most of its feeling. It got better a week later. I love me a pineapple.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #138163 on: September 20, 2018, 12:40:29 pm »

What about living in a pineapple.
May or may not be under the sea.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138164 on: September 20, 2018, 01:42:12 pm »

With The Kurgan as your boss.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9209 9210 [9211] 9212 9213 ... 11040