Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9036 9037 [9038] 9039 9040 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547180 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135555 on: July 13, 2018, 04:14:52 am »

Does that mean the other objects past Pluto like Sedna and Eris are planets?
Define planet. The IAU was confronted with a decision: recognize hundreds of planets, or remove one planet. That would be a pain to display in astronomy textbooks.

Yes. I agree with you. That was my entire argument.

I legitimately cannot tell who was trolling who harder between scriver and bleep_bloop. Both trolling the other but in different ways, one nonsensically and the other by taking everything incredibly seriously.

I think I just didn't realize that scriver wasn't taking the argument seriously anymore until the rickroll, and instead assumed that he was trying to dodge my questions.

I suppose now I have (inadvertently) joined the ranks of the Internet trolls. Yay, I guess?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135556 on: July 13, 2018, 04:28:18 am »

I suppose now I have (inadvertently) joined the ranks of the Internet trolls. Yay, I guess?
It happens to all of us sooner or later. You either die the white knight, or you live long enough to see yourself become the gr8 b8, m8.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135557 on: July 13, 2018, 05:33:47 am »

After playing Hacknet all morning(it was free on Steam), I was feeling a bit paranoid logging into my card account to check my paycheck.

I also managed to screw up logging in a few times. Then I noticed my paycheck was about $40 lower than it should be. Going to have to check my paystubs for that discrepancy and delete the logs when I'm done.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #135558 on: July 13, 2018, 06:42:17 am »

you know, before i would have never, but this new job of mine I kind if feel that maybe I should . . .

I make more monies but feel like I need to watch it harder
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135560 on: July 13, 2018, 06:31:33 pm »

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/13/628789534/man-with-the-worlds-longest-fingernails-cuts-them-off-after-66-years

Truly WTF thread material.

Oh god, that's really disgusting. I really could never have imagined them to be that nauseating brown-and-orange color.

Also, it says in the article he managed to work as a professional photographer. Imagine him showing up to take pictures at a wedding with his gnarly keratin tentacles growing out of his hand. I would pay good money to see the expressions on the faces in the photos he took.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135561 on: July 13, 2018, 07:09:20 pm »

And here I thought that 2 weeks between clipping was a little too long.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135562 on: July 13, 2018, 11:00:26 pm »

Consider for a moment that someone actually married him with those things coming out of his hand. There's an inspiring tale of true love in there somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:03:18 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #135563 on: July 13, 2018, 11:54:23 pm »

Consider for a moment that someone actually married him with those things coming out of his hand. There's an inspiring tale of true love in there somewhere.

Around the seventh or eigth inch, I presume.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135564 on: July 14, 2018, 12:05:40 am »

Damn, I just cut my nails yesterday. :(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #135565 on: July 14, 2018, 12:20:11 am »

You know how people post grainy pictures and say they're UFOs/monsters/ghosts/whatever on the internet?  That kinda happened in my Subnautica game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135566 on: July 14, 2018, 02:50:12 am »

So, I went to my friend again. He said after a few minutes: "Hey, want to check out my Roblox account? I have lots of cool cosmetics on it." He gave me the password and username, then went to eat. Granted, he didn't know about that time I jumpscared him, so he trusted me. I changed his email that was linked to his account to a dummy email that I created for this purpose, then recovered my friend's password to that email, locking him out of his account. I just cured him of the disease that is Roblox.

howsecureismypassword.net states that it will take 16 billion years to crack.

Is it possible for him to regain access to his account or is he locked away forever?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:56:13 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135567 on: July 14, 2018, 03:10:40 am »

Hate to say it, but unless Roblox is for your "friend" an expensive and debilitating addiction, that makes you sound like a judgemental arsehole.
One wheel short of a wagon

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135568 on: July 14, 2018, 03:18:31 am »

It's because Roblox sucks. It should never have been created. Dwarf Fortress is superior anyways.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135569 on: July 14, 2018, 03:19:51 am »

Hate to say it, but unless Roblox is for your "friend" an expensive and debilitating addiction, that makes you sound like a judgemental arsehole.

From what I've seen him saying about it before, that's pretty much an accurate summation of the situation.
Pages: 1 ... 9036 9037 [9038] 9039 9040 ... 11038