Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8934 8935 [8936] 8937 8938 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512088 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134025 on: May 22, 2018, 05:49:26 pm »

Some driver waiting at the lights next to the bus stop just started blasting Welcome To the Jungle. I'm not complaining.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134026 on: May 22, 2018, 07:12:34 pm »

Hehe... Now, of course, the funny thing about both that and the rings to some extent, is that it's going to wreck your hand at least as much as you hurt the other guy.

Bit like putting nails on a shotgun buttstock, or decorating your airbag with crystals.
Those aren't even crystals, they're semi-precious stones. I can at least recognize Jade among the bunch.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134027 on: May 22, 2018, 07:16:42 pm »

Hehe... Now, of course, the funny thing about both that and the rings to some extent, is that it's going to wreck your hand at least as much as you hurt the other guy.

Bit like putting nails on a shotgun buttstock, or decorating your airbag with crystals.
Those aren't even crystals, they're semi-precious stones. I can at least recognize Jade among the bunch.
I think the finer points of geology are lost one someone who glues rocks to their airbag and thinks said rocks are magic.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134028 on: May 22, 2018, 07:21:59 pm »

That’s besides the point, and there’s one that seems to have a spike sticking outwards. No idea how messing with the airbag cover like that will affect airbag deployment either.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #134029 on: May 23, 2018, 04:27:56 am »

Spoiler: pic from link (click to show/hide)

Lol the mechanicus girl has gears for shoulder padding.  Its so cute, because they tried to keep it kid-safe.  Just give her the bionic arm; thats exactly the kind of play kids would engage in anyway.  In fact, it looks like her upper arm is in fact a tube thats painted the color of her flesh, that kind of morphs back into a human arm to make a hand.   So that she can use her pip-boy, apparently.

P:

A real kid's story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybq-eP0Uq8M

To me it looks like a mechanical enhancement of a decrepited arm, not a flesh-painted pipe.

Which is honestly a lot more cooler and gritty than just having a bionic replacement of the whole arm.
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134030 on: May 23, 2018, 06:40:50 am »

Tom Huddleston
Isn't that the guy who played Loku, God of Muschuef??
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134031 on: May 23, 2018, 06:50:09 am »

Tom Huddleston
Isn't that the guy who played Loku, God of Muschuef??
Yep, the very same unduvudual.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134032 on: May 23, 2018, 11:52:21 am »

So, according to Norwegian law, it is strictly illegal to own or use weapons such as blowpipes (for the firing of darts or other objects), slingshots (particularly funny because the Norwegian word for such can be directly translated to "bouncy pea"), electroshock weapons like Tasers (ranged or touch), pepperspray, "fighting gloves" (not sure what this means, specifically), shuriken, any sort of knvies, etc. etc... "Or any other particularly harmful weapon that does not have an 'honorable' use or can be seen as being violent articles (lit. 'violence products')".

...Except crossbows. You can own and operate a crossbow if you fulfill the standards of age, sobriety and responsibility, and get permission from your local police chief.

Also, technically you can kind of loophole it by carrying a tool of some sort, since it fills an "honorable" use. Bouncers and doormen (almost wrote doorknobs) seem to go for those nice heavy MagLite flashlights for their improvised weapons. So, wooden self-defense pocket sticks or some pepperspray? Illegal. Steel wrench? Yeah, sure.
(note: As with most laws here, there's a lot of interpretation being done by the legal system... If you're out on the town with a hammer in your pocket, nobody's going to let you off because it "serves a purpose". Probably).

Laws, man...

So, If I ever go to Norway, I should get a tanto. The most common weapon, with which was Seppuku (honorable suicide) commited.
Or a bat'leth, or epee for honor duels. Wait, do swords count as knives?

Or I could just get any melee weapon and claim that self-defence is honorable use. Defining "honorable" is dificult.

Edit: Wait, it is illegal to own any sort of knives? How are you supposed to cut food?
        ((italics are edited in))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 11:58:41 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #134033 on: May 23, 2018, 11:53:46 am »

So, according to Norwegian law, it is strictly illegal to own or use weapons such as blowpipes (for the firing of darts or other objects), slingshots (particularly funny because the Norwegian word for such can be directly translated to "bouncy pea"), electroshock weapons like Tasers (ranged or touch), pepperspray, "fighting gloves" (not sure what this means, specifically), shuriken, any sort of knvies, etc. etc... "Or any other particularly harmful weapon that does not have an 'honorable' use or can be seen as being violent articles (lit. 'violence products')".

...Except crossbows. You can own and operate a crossbow if you fulfill the standards of age, sobriety and responsibility, and get permission from your local police chief.

Also, technically you can kind of loophole it by carrying a tool of some sort, since it fills an "honorable" use. Bouncers and doormen (almost wrote doorknobs) seem to go for those nice heavy MagLite flashlights for their improvised weapons. So, wooden self-defense pocket sticks or some pepperspray? Illegal. Steel wrench? Yeah, sure.
(note: As with most laws here, there's a lot of interpretation being done by the legal system... If you're out on the town with a hammer in your pocket, nobody's going to let you off because it "serves a purpose". Probably).

Laws, man...

So, If I ever go to Norway, I should get a tanto. The most common weapon, with which was Seppuku (honorable suicide) commited.
Or a bat'leth, or epee for honor duels.

Or I could just get any weapon and claim that self-defence is honorable use. Defining "honorable" is dificult.
You should train until your fists become weapons unto themselves.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134034 on: May 23, 2018, 12:08:20 pm »

I'm reading a book, set in Australia and by an Australian author, and he just misspelled chockers as "chokkas". WTF is a chokka? Is it in the same ballpark as a quokka or what? It's a good thing there was enough context for me to figure out what slang term the author actually meant, or I'd probably still be puzzling over it. Bloody Sydney folk.

Isn't the most elegant solution to simply carry enough of an arsenal that nobody dares to enforce such silly rules?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #134035 on: May 23, 2018, 12:13:53 pm »

I'm reading a book, set in Australia and by an Australian author, and he just misspelled chockers as "chokkas". WTF is a chokka? Is it in the same ballpark as a quokka or what? It's a good thing there was enough context for me to figure out what slang term the author actually meant, or I'd probably still be puzzling over it. Bloody Sydney folk.

Isn't the most elegant solution to simply carry enough of an arsenal that nobody dares to enforce such silly rules?   

Only when everyone has a personal Nuke on a deadman's switch will the world be safe.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #134036 on: May 23, 2018, 12:14:29 pm »

Laws, man...
But crossbows were banned by the pope! You'd be excommunicated if you used one! Checkmate!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134037 on: May 23, 2018, 12:30:35 pm »

But how are you supposed to get hammered on your night out if you don't carry a hammer?

With a screwdriver.

* Memories of Cataclysm: DDA intensify
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134038 on: May 23, 2018, 12:38:36 pm »

Laws, man...
But crossbows were banned by the pope! You'd be excommunicated if you used one! Checkmate!

Which is a moot point if you are not catholic. And according to the wiki 71.5% Norwegians are Lutheran.

The worst part about weapon restricting laws is, that they tend to be contraproductive.
In order for such law to be effective either:
A) The weapon being restricted has to be difficult to obtain illegaly.
or
B) The sentence for owning it has to be worse than the sentence for crimes commonly commited with its use.

If neither is true, then people intending to commit crimes have no reason not to get it. If they get caught with it, it will not be much worse than getting caught without it in those circumstances.

On the other hand, people, who intend to obey the law will not have such weapon and will be at a disadvantage against someone with it.

Oh, and "particularly harmful" weapons with no use other than fighting can be created pretty easily.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134039 on: May 23, 2018, 12:43:07 pm »

Or the weapon controlling laws don't exist primarily to penalise you for having the weapon, but rather prevent you from gaining one.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8934 8935 [8936] 8937 8938 ... 11037