Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8880 8881 [8882] 8883 8884 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517988 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133215 on: April 27, 2018, 03:14:37 pm »

No but now all the cyclists have the upper body of a human and the lower body of a cybernetic motorcycle. Also they have bazookas.

Introducing: The Motorcentaur!

They could all have pro-wrestling style intros and pun names.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #133216 on: April 27, 2018, 04:53:21 pm »

No but now all the cyclists have the upper body of a human and the lower body of a cybernetic motorcycle. Also they have bazookas.
Also it's legal to use the bazooka shot for a speed boost.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133217 on: April 27, 2018, 04:57:09 pm »

Just for entertainment?  I lost what interest I had in sports when Lance Armstrong was caught cheating.

Entertainment, tribalism, and living vicariously through people doing interesting things while taking unwarranted pride in their victories. It's like war but with less risk to the investors.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #133218 on: April 27, 2018, 10:24:44 pm »

I'd like to try poutine sometime but I'm not sure if I'll ever travel to Canada.
There's a local chain of vego fast food joints that does a delicious vegan version.
...Great, now I want LoTF.
Does that involve a pig's head on a stick?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133219 on: April 27, 2018, 10:25:45 pm »

Also it's legal to use the bazooka shot for a speed boost.
I don't really think a bazooka would even speed you up.  It's supposed to be a recoilless gun right? The projectile flies forward yea, but the back of it is open so the exhaust can safely fly backwards without applying any force to the firer.

Maybe that's why it's legal in biking.  It probably does not do anything to speed you up.   Now fire it at another rider and you are interfering with another rider, which I'm sure is illegal 10 ways to Tuesday.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133220 on: April 27, 2018, 10:28:50 pm »

I don't really think a bazooka would even speed you up.  It's supposed to be a recoilless gun right? The projectile flies forward yea, but the back of it is open so the exhaust can safely fly backwards without applying any force to the firer.

Bazookas are rocket launchers, not recoilless rifles. They aren't high-recoil weapons because the bulk of the propelling force is applied after the projectile leaves the launcher, but they have some.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #133221 on: April 27, 2018, 10:33:49 pm »

... regardless, I'm pretty sure that was a reference to rocket jumping, a game mechanic where you basically shoot yourself in the foot with an explosive weapon to get extra air/go faster. The point isn't to use recoil, it's to ride the explosion.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133222 on: April 27, 2018, 11:26:42 pm »

bombs?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133224 on: April 28, 2018, 06:59:39 am »

I looked down at my computer mouse this morning, and noticed it was covered in blood. Apparently, there was a cut on top of my finger that I never noticed, and blood leaked out of me (is that weird to say? "Blood leaked out of me") down my hand and onto the mouse. I wiped up virtually all of the blood, but can't get rid of that sticky/grimy dried-blood texture from the mouse wheel.

EDIT: Dammit I just noticed the same cut on my other hand

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133225 on: April 28, 2018, 07:08:48 am »

Having a bit of the ol' stigmata there, pal?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133226 on: April 28, 2018, 10:28:53 am »

In order to solve your problem you will first need to stop juggling razor blades.

You're welcome.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133227 on: April 28, 2018, 11:02:34 am »

I looked down at my computer mouse this morning, and noticed it was covered in blood. Apparently, there was a cut on top of my finger that I never noticed, and blood leaked out of me (is that weird to say? "Blood leaked out of me") down my hand and onto the mouse. I wiped up virtually all of the blood, but can't get rid of that sticky/grimy dried-blood texture from the mouse wheel.

Well, 'blood leaking out of me' is colloquially referred to as 'bleeding' :P

Or, bled, since it's past tense.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133228 on: April 28, 2018, 11:08:24 am »

blood leaked out of me (is that weird to say? "Blood leaked out of me") down my hand and onto the mouse.
Did you mean to say that you've enacted scarlet vengeance upon the soulless machine?

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133229 on: April 28, 2018, 12:46:33 pm »

EDIT: Dammit I just noticed the same cut on my other hand

But did any fluid leak from the mouse? It's possible that you and your mouse are now blood brothers & you may be called upon by the mouse under dire circumstances.
Pages: 1 ... 8880 8881 [8882] 8883 8884 ... 11037