Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8824 8825 [8826] 8827 8828 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520716 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132375 on: April 07, 2018, 01:46:59 pm »

Apparently Kingdom Hearts 3 will feature an ability to summon the actual disney world rides.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132376 on: April 07, 2018, 01:47:22 pm »

One time a friend told me that whenever I said something, I'd then unconsciously quietly mouth the sentence again to myself without realizing it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #132377 on: April 07, 2018, 06:52:45 pm »

One time a friend told me that whenever I said something, I'd then unconsciously quietly mouth the sentence again to myself without realizing it.

AAAGH. I do that too!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132378 on: April 07, 2018, 10:54:28 pm »

Splatoon 2 has a NES light gun as a usable weapon.  Its actually pretty decent.

What's more surprising is that it uses the original gun grey coloring, and not the bright orange one that came later.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132379 on: April 07, 2018, 10:59:57 pm »

Considering I literally can't remember what color my friend and I used, when we were like 8 in '94...
Good on them for reminding people of the color change!

And the very existence of the lightgun :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132380 on: April 07, 2018, 11:02:38 pm »

I remember we owned two of them, one of each color.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132381 on: April 07, 2018, 11:17:14 pm »

One thing i find interesting about the Zapper.

The orange ones are much more common, but (due to being the ones most people had as kids) are also more desired for the nostalgia factor. This means that there is no difference in value on the collector's market. This is one of those cases where relative rarity does not translate into an increase in value.

Much the same applies to the grey versions of the two Zelda games for the NES. Although much rarer, everyone wants the gold carts instead.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132382 on: April 08, 2018, 06:55:22 am »

Was reading up on Post Apartheid racism. Wikipedia says:
A comparative study by trade union Solidarity, confirmed that South African media give more attention to white-on-black racism; it also found that the South African Human Rights Commission is much more likely to self-initiate investigations into white-on-black racism, and is more lenient in cases of black-on-white racism.[13]

A list of violent (herein meaning non-verbal) black-on-white examples:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Violent white on black racism:

Black South Africans are also heavily racist towards non-whites.
https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/wp-content/uploads/UPR_SA_hate_crimes_submission-FINAL-Human-Rights-First.pdf
The above link, reporting on incidents pertaining to a crime wave against foreigners:
South Africa presented the following as examples of racial violence:

The report notes:

Aaaand, I would look over it further but I now have to go to work. WTF being that I've only ever been told that White South Africans are racist, but it seems more nuanced than that. Also, I didn't notice the SA government mentioning any of the Black-On-White crime such as Wikipedia brought up in their examples, though it is true I didn't have enough time to pursue the sources.

I did pursue the sources on the last White-On-Black crime noted by Wikipedia, and found it less than conclusive. Apparently he tried to stop some people from swearing at a woman in a shop. There was a fight. Police broke it up. He went home, and on the way was ambushed and beaten up. I didn't see a conclusive reason for it to be racist rather than just a bust-up, and the only account I found was his.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #132383 on: April 08, 2018, 07:49:02 am »

I'm not overly surprised... these things tend to go both ways, with grievances on both sides.  For instance, back home a great deal was done about separatist terrorism (with reason... I can tell you it's not pleasant to go out of your home and find that the bus stop is splattered with bits and pieces of some would-be bomber who badly mistimed his fuses..., to cite one example of something that stuck in my mind back when I was a kid) but it's curious to what extent national media downplays the political and police repression that was taking place back then (I was too small to remember the worst of it... at one point it was troublesome to be stopped by the police if you had certain surnames), or the fact that at one point there was a goverment-sponsored paramilitary squad (which made it specially dangerous to have certain surnames). There are lots of grievances on both sides and I think there will be a remainder of tension for a long, long time.

Things have been fairly calm in the last 10 years... but I worry that the political turmoil in the last two years might make everything go south again.  It would'nt happen directly but it would only  two or three missteps for everything to start all over again
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132384 on: April 08, 2018, 07:52:54 am »

Clear explanation of all issues involved.

Tom Lehrer aside, obviously post apartheid most violent crime is going to be performed by the black people, as they're 75% of the population and probably the bottom 75% in terms of money, by and large.

And as for them hating white people... well duh.
One wheel short of a wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132385 on: April 08, 2018, 08:03:24 am »

My question would be how institutionalised it is - racist people in a racist country shouldn't be painted as the Rainbow State.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132386 on: April 08, 2018, 08:20:12 pm »

Okay, who at the lineage OS team thought that this prank was a good idea?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132387 on: April 08, 2018, 09:19:04 pm »

Video comments section:

>They had wars in the past
>Therefor it is perfectly justifiable to conquer and destroy them

That's some truly fucked up logic.

Context: People justifying the conquest of native american tribes.

People generally displaying a total ignorance of everything and with a total lack of nuance. Its literally just endless rants about how the natives were so bad and how all their land was taken from someone else in the past and how that made the whole imperialist thing the most moral thing ever. Toss in a good bit of praising the idea of progress and how they were all nomads anyway. God I hate these people.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132388 on: April 08, 2018, 09:56:29 pm »

Mop sink full of loose wet garbage at work last night, can't mop til cleaned.  Clean out mop sink, mop most of the floor, I have a time limit I need to keep to, and cleaning out the sink means I did not finish in time.

Come in today, mildly reprimanded for not finishing mopping the floor last night by the assistant GM.  Do my job.  End of Day, Go to mop sink, mop sink is full of wet garbage again.  The ONLY person who worked between me last night and me tonight that's supposed to be doing anything garbage related was the assistant GM.  The mop sink is NOT the place for wet garbage.

EDIT: Probably was not a good idea so I didn't want to mention it here, but after cleaning it out again I put a sign on the mop sink calling her out by name and requesting she stop putting garbage in it, it's my birthday tomorrow and I requested it off a month in advance, and I don't know who works tomorrow, so I won't see the repercussions for a few days.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:01:27 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132389 on: April 08, 2018, 09:58:01 pm »

Must be quite a complex campaign if you need an assistant game master...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8824 8825 [8826] 8827 8828 ... 11037