Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8821 8822 [8823] 8824 8825 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14523427 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132330 on: April 05, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »

How so? India games resemble Christian games but with a once-per-ruler Subjugation CB you can use. The main thing I found frustrating last time I played India was the huge amount of waiting I had to do at the awkward stage where I controlled most of India, but not all of it, and had no way to attack the remaining king, so I couldn't make the empire yet.
Difficult in the sense that only Hindus can holy war, and Hindus cannot holy war against Buddhists and Jains, thus if you're not managing marriage claims your expansion will be slow. I suppose you could start as a Muslim and holy war all over India and then convert to a Dharmic faith for that extra control. Buddhism is the GOAT for long-lived philosopher Kings and heirs. I suppose India is also fun if you enjoy dealing with the pandemics and plagues. Lotta disease outbreaks

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #132331 on: April 05, 2018, 06:17:59 pm »

No talk of Charlemagne?
Every CKII player should strive to exterminate the Karlings at least once
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132332 on: April 05, 2018, 06:27:50 pm »

Sweet fornication the TV babbling heads were citing harvard studies claiming a link between using less eye-stabbing color themes on social media and being depressed, and saying that wanting less eye strain is a reason to pay extra attention to your child's mental health. Their flailing insistence in calling it "filters" make me think they might be talking about stuff like f.lux, too.

Someone make it end before it starts, high intensity/bright color schemes are the headache devil ;_;

Similarly, people who like soothing music should be tested for mental health disorders, and put on a steady diet of Crazy Frog, Hamsterdance and Sandstorm remixes.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132333 on: April 05, 2018, 11:01:09 pm »

The fact that a bunch of people are saying that 'Deus Vult' is a Nazi meme now makes me angry. Like WTF Deus Vult is Deus Vult not some shitty edgy right wing meme godwillsdamn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #132334 on: April 05, 2018, 11:07:21 pm »

My favourite one was talking about how "Deus vault" was some top secret code word. WHAT IS IN THE DEUS VAULT?

Reminds me of how searching for Caliphate in the UK got kids done in on a watchlist for terrorism, even though there's a thousand year history full of reasons why a kid in school might want to learn about history.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THE WEST

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132335 on: April 06, 2018, 04:41:02 am »

My favourite one was talking about how "Deus vault" was some top secret code word. WHAT IS IN THE DEUS VAULT?

Obviously, it's the Nazis' secret gold.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #132336 on: April 06, 2018, 05:19:00 am »

The fact that a bunch of people are saying that 'Deus Vult' is a Nazi meme now makes me angry. Like WTF Deus Vult is Deus Vult not some shitty edgy right wing meme godwillsdamn it.
Sorry man, but I think  it  either was an alt right meme from its inception or it was hijacked very early on (if so, it wasnt that hard to hijack to begin with). That doesnt mean that liking the meme automatically makes you a nazi, but behind that meme there is a very perverse message.  I certainly wouldnt want to be seen reposting it, just as I wouldnt like to be seen reposting Beppo the frog's memes:  both are guilty by association with some very disgusting movements, regardless of the reason why you're posting them.

I'm not judging mind you, but you ought to be aware of the impression you can convey
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:23:28 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132337 on: April 06, 2018, 05:22:17 am »

hunh?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #132338 on: April 06, 2018, 05:24:15 am »

How so? India games resemble Christian games but with a once-per-ruler Subjugation CB you can use. The main thing I found frustrating last time I played India was the huge amount of waiting I had to do at the awkward stage where I controlled most of India, but not all of it, and had no way to attack the remaining king, so I couldn't make the empire yet.
Difficult in the sense that only Hindus can holy war, and Hindus cannot holy war against Buddhists and Jains, thus if you're not managing marriage claims your expansion will be slow. I suppose you could start as a Muslim and holy war all over India and then convert to a Dharmic faith for that extra control. Buddhism is the GOAT for long-lived philosopher Kings and heirs. I suppose India is also fun if you enjoy dealing with the pandemics and plagues. Lotta disease outbreaks

I find that India is one of the places where your dynastic game has to be the strongest. The lack of viable casi belli means that you have to think one or two generations ahead and really work your family's claims.
Love, scriver~

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132339 on: April 06, 2018, 05:37:22 am »

Sorry man, but I think  it  either was an alt right meme from its inception or it was hijacked very early on (if so, it wasnt that hard to hijack to begin with). That doesnt mean that liking the meme automatically makes you a nazi, but behind that meme there is a very perverse message.  I certainly wouldnt want to be seen reposting it, just as I wouldnt like to be seen reposting Beppo the frog's memes:  both are guilty by association with some very disgusting movements, regardless of the reason why you're posting them.

I'm not judging mind you, but you ought to be aware of the impression you can convey
Interesting. KnowYourMeme does associate it heavily with TheDonald and alt-right stuff, but I wasn't aware of that, and had seen it used frequently in a RP, non-political sense by people online who don't appear to have any right-wing affiliations.

A good meme ruined by politics, perhaps.
One wheel short of a wagon

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132340 on: April 06, 2018, 06:22:06 am »

Eh, I won’t judge anyone if they use it here. Looking through the search function, bay12 has used quite often, though mainly in the context of a religion getting too uppity and self-righteous.

Also this video is hilarious and I don’t want to take that away.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132341 on: April 06, 2018, 06:35:12 am »

Deus VUlt got an alt-right connotation when alt right started screaming deus vult with which they mean 'crusade, kill muslims'
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:49:50 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132342 on: April 06, 2018, 06:39:52 am »

Yea, never heard it used in that context. From my experience with it, it's a tool in your irony belt.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132343 on: April 06, 2018, 09:42:17 am »

Coffee ice cream is nice though
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132344 on: April 06, 2018, 09:53:22 am »

Brittain still occupies gibralter?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8821 8822 [8823] 8824 8825 ... 11037