Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14429551 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13230 on: July 31, 2012, 08:23:53 pm »

I have had the real police warning popup, they dont look for cash but you gets the major shits anyway.
?

Pirate bay, you get reported by ISP for even looking at it. and a nice big warning on screen.

They started on their satellite yet?
Oh, as far as I am aware my ISP does no reporting. They may not even keep records, I'm not sure.
i have comcast and so far they haven't nailed me for anything, maybe because im chucking out $100+ for their services >_>

Yes, I've always found that an interesting conflict of interest. "Hello, internet companies. Yes, those people who pay you, report them."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: July 31, 2012, 08:27:47 pm »

Watching Now and Then, Here and There.

Starts out, and HOLY SHIT GIANT MECHA KIDNAPPING A GIRL BUT THIS KID IS FIGHTING THEM HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME BUT NOW THEY TELEPORTED TO ANOTHER DIMENSION AND THIS KID GOTTA SAVE HER FRO- Nope.

Children soldiers and rape.

This is the best quality anime I have ever hated from the bottom of my heart.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: July 31, 2012, 08:28:59 pm »

Starts out, and HOLY SHIT GIANT MECHA KIDNAPPING A GIRL BUT THIS KID IS FIGHTING THEM HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME BUT NOW THEY TELEPORTED TO ANOTHER DIMENSION AND THIS KID GOTTA SAVE HER FRO- Nope.

where the hell did you find that?

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: July 31, 2012, 08:30:43 pm »

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-03/19/pirate-bay-drones
Prob pure bull but still interesting if it was ever pulled off.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: July 31, 2012, 08:33:14 pm »

It's also my favorite anime ever.

You want underdogs succeeding and shonen power fantasy? Watch something else. Watch Now and Then Here and There to get your soul crushed, chewed up, and spit out.

Shu is awesome btw.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: July 31, 2012, 08:34:12 pm »

April Fools joke, afaik.

I have had the real police warning popup, they dont look for cash but you gets the major shits anyway.
?

Pirate bay, you get reported by ISP for even looking at it. and a nice big warning on screen.

They started on their satellite yet?
Where are you at?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: July 31, 2012, 08:51:00 pm »

I've watched a few episodes through the Manga Xbox Live App. I'm not sure if I like it. Not what I was expecting. It's good, undoubtably.

In other WTF, Firefox and Google are saying that doubtably and undoubtably are not words. That seems unreasonable.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: July 31, 2012, 08:53:23 pm »

I've watched a few episodes through the Manga Xbox Live App. I'm not sure if I like it. Not what I was expecting. It's good, undoubtably.

In other WTF, Firefox and Google are saying that doubtably and undoubtably are not words. That seems unreasonable.
cause its undoubtedly wrong :P

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: July 31, 2012, 08:55:11 pm »

Undoubtedly and undoubtably mean different things. But I can't tell if you meant that Firefox/Google are wrong or that doubtably/undoubtably are wrong.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: July 31, 2012, 08:58:17 pm »

Undoubtedly and undoubtably mean different things. But I can't tell if you meant that Firefox/Google are wrong or that doubtably/undoubtably are wrong.
undoubtably is not a word.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:15 pm »

But it means something that no existing word does. So it should be a word.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:45 pm »

It means exactly what undoubtedly means, since it's just a misspelling.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: July 31, 2012, 09:02:23 pm »

tell that to oxford and their ridiculous size dictionary

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: July 31, 2012, 09:05:22 pm »

It's not necessarily a mispelling - rather an archaic form that was used a long time ago but has become kindof obselete.  Doesn't undoubtedly/ doubtless cover every possible application of undoubtably?  Can you give an example of the difference?

I need to stop reading about it for now since "doubt" has reverted to a meaningless string of letters to me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02:22 pm »

Today I learned that people using Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue in commercials is apparently a temper trigger for me. I was terribly surprised when I actually felt rising vitrol at hearing it come out of the TV in the other room.

Something about asshats using excellent older music to try to shove whatever crap they're pushing down peoples' throats apparently pisses me off a little, moreso than commercials as a general thing does. It's more WTF than rage thread, because I wasn't really expecting that reaction.

The old beef commercial gets a by. No one else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 11039