Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8817 8818 [8819] 8820 8821 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524490 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132270 on: April 03, 2018, 11:19:45 pm »

shit broke, shit fixed now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132271 on: April 03, 2018, 11:38:05 pm »

Someone came back from maternity leave which dropped my hours from 48 a fortnight to 24.
Then the person I was talking to last night about it found out that half of the remaining shifts I had left were technically open and so permanently took another four of them.
The boss whom had left them open, I've been spending all of Easter trying to text, and hasn't gotten back to me.

Just after my 'friend' called me to ask for yet more of my shifts (despite literally having the conversation with her last night about how tough my upcoming months were going to be), I tried calling the boss, and found out that my calls are being screened.
I don't know what's going on. My boss is usually a super sweet person, and I'm losing shifts left and right.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132272 on: April 04, 2018, 02:16:19 am »

Then the person I was talking to last night about it found out that half of the remaining shifts I had left were technically open and so permanently took another four of them.

What the fuck? I would have beat the crap out of that asswipe bitch. That's just so mean and sociopath of her, I can't even..
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:18:02 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132273 on: April 04, 2018, 03:33:40 am »

What the fuck? I would have beat the crap out of that asswipe bitch. That's just so mean and sociopath of her, I can't even..

And then have the audacity to ask for even more....
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132274 on: April 04, 2018, 03:37:39 am »

It's a sign of the times, and the growing "Gig economy" that has employers creaming themselves because they can abuse part time employees and not pay benefits.

Everyone is scrambling to get enough hours to stay alive, and businesses find this "good for business."

The woman is likely operating on "survival mode" behaviors, and this is why she is acting like a bitch. She needs hours, and is out to get them. Same with the other guy, and our own poster.

The employer, rather than-- you know-- give full time positions to only two, prefers to have all three fight over the scraps, as it increases employee availability, and reduces his costs (because he does not have to pay benefits.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:40:30 am by wierd »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132275 on: April 04, 2018, 04:00:46 am »

And doubtless needs the money even more, having just had a kid.

I wouldn't recommend violence.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132276 on: April 04, 2018, 04:05:39 am »

Maternity leave person is a third person, not the shift-stealer.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132277 on: April 04, 2018, 05:17:55 am »

I might have overreacted a bit. Then again, what do we teach our kids? "If you want to stop getting bullied, you got to stomp them a bloody nose or black eye"

(well tbh, my grandma who raised me always told me to just walk away and not use violence. Which is why I was bullied, thrown in canals, beaten up, pummeled with rocks and unripe apples and more until I was 15. Then one day I punched someone a bloody nose and a black eye, which is the one and only time in my life I used violence. I was never bullied again). This here pacifist will teach his kids to throw a punch, if I ever have kids.

EDIT: the exact situation that made me snap: The gang of cool kids from the neighborhood had acted like they were accepting me and being friendly, and given me a moped to make a few blocks around the hood. They forgot to mention that they had sabotaged the brakes, and had thrown large rocks on the bicycle path.
I almost died. That moped did 90km/h, I barely dodged the rocks and hurt my feet terribly using them as friction brakes on the asphalt. I guess that got me into 'hulk smash mode'. Not sure exactly what I did, but one of them ended up bleeding, and the rest didn't come near me anymore in the years after that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:27:40 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132278 on: April 04, 2018, 05:29:38 am »

To be fair, what they did could have been considered attempted murder.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132279 on: April 04, 2018, 05:30:48 am »

It most definitly was. If I'd hit those boulders, It would have been a case of head hits asphalt at 90km/h, which is lethal in 99% of all cases.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132280 on: April 04, 2018, 06:21:29 am »

Eh. I'd like to be fully self-righteous about it, but thinking back I had told her I was reluctantly okay with giving her the shifts.
That was a few months ago, and she had fallen through and was suddenly unable to take them, so I've technically been sitting on borrowed shifts all this time.
It was just a very bad time to have her call me and ask for more, considering the maternity leave and the conversation.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:41:21 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132281 on: April 04, 2018, 07:46:04 am »

Heh, yeah, that makes it a different matter altogether.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132282 on: April 04, 2018, 09:50:42 am »

Ironically, it may have been that conversation that reminded her and prompted her to ask.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132283 on: April 04, 2018, 11:25:31 am »

Never realized just how popular my country is for tourism. Last year, we had 42 million tourists, which is a bit more than 115 thousand each day, and that is not counting AirBnB, or other accomadations that have less than 5 sleeping spots.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132284 on: April 04, 2018, 12:39:48 pm »

Naturally.
Where else would I indulge my interest in helicology?
Pages: 1 ... 8817 8818 [8819] 8820 8821 ... 11037