Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8769 8770 [8771] 8772 8773 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13646911 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131550 on: March 16, 2018, 05:02:02 pm »

What does that make? Huckleberry gin?
Im not skilled with the finer points of debauchery, id figure just the fruit would make a wine. But its used to flavor all sorts of liquor and beer/mead. Also amazing as jam or in fruity drinks or milkshakes/ice cream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #131551 on: March 16, 2018, 05:10:03 pm »

If we're talking good american alcohol, moonshine.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131552 on: March 16, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »

Huckleberries are just good stuff all around. I'd love to try some huckleberry mead or wine or what-not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #131553 on: March 16, 2018, 05:22:44 pm »

We sell huckleberry moonshine here at the liquer store. Something else too, cant remember what

Our mechanics were cleaning out the beer coolers in here earlier. So much dust in the air, my snot turned black

Had the door propped open for a half hour but then it started to rain, and apparently thats a problem :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 05:39:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131554 on: March 16, 2018, 06:10:23 pm »

I can't tell if this is a play on Huckleberry Finn, or a real question.  Since gin is apparently made with (juniper) berries... though they just flavor an existing alcohol, if I'm reading this right.

That's kinda interesting, since I always overlooked it.  I got the impression it was a low-quality liquor, yet it wasn't particularly cheap here.  I seemingly picked up on its history in England as a liquor for the poor, due to import duties on other drinks!

Now I'm curious as to what's so special about juniper berries, taste-wise.  I'll have to perform a study sometime.  With scientific rigor.  The teetotalers here can be the control group :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #131555 on: March 16, 2018, 06:52:05 pm »

Listened to, and liked, one gothic metal song that I later learned was inspired by Bloodborne. Song matching algorithms then immediately decided that I needed to listen to three FNAF techno remix songs in a row.

Death at the hands of machines will not be because they rose up, it will be because our massage bot heard us enjoying a back cracking and promptly decided to shatter our femur- as correlation indicates we'll like that too.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131556 on: March 16, 2018, 09:12:30 pm »

Was watching the news this morning. Caught the end of a piece on the bridge collapse in Florida.

Anchor: *somethingIdidn’tquitecatchaboutdeathsandinjuries* and now the safety of that project is being called into question.

Me: No fucking shit, news anchor.

Probably a good thing it was on because the sheer passive-aggressive vitriol that provoked woke me right up after a poor night.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131557 on: March 16, 2018, 09:18:33 pm »

I can't tell if this is a play on Huckleberry Finn, or a real question.  Since gin is apparently made with (juniper) berries... though they just flavor an existing alcohol, if I'm reading this right.

That's kinda interesting, since I always overlooked it.  I got the impression it was a low-quality liquor, yet it wasn't particularly cheap here.  I seemingly picked up on its history in England as a liquor for the poor, due to import duties on other drinks!

Now I'm curious as to what's so special about juniper berries, taste-wise.  I'll have to perform a study sometime.  With scientific rigor.  The teetotalers here can be the control group :P

It was a tincture of juniper berry, which was initially created for antimicrobial use, specifically as a treatment for bacterially induced diahrea.  Being a medicine, one not a liquor, it slid past some import duties, and being essentially hard liquor that had juniper berry juice mixed in, it was a potent thing to quaff. Much like people Downing cough syrup to get drunk these days.  The flavor became a familiar, acquired taste, and so the stuff stuck around.

Juniper oil, along with red cedar, and several others are indeed long acting germicides with scientific basis behind them, at least when used topically. I dunno about efficacy when taken internally.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131558 on: March 16, 2018, 09:22:42 pm »

Down a bunch of that stuff on the weekend and you won't come to 'til next Friday.   

Edit:
Aims of the party include ... the protection of freedom of speech

But then...
...also plans an overhaul of Australia's media content laws by restricting immoral content which their website describes as being "gratuitous violent and socially-degenerating themes"

WTF is this shit? I wanted to vote for you, you morons. Now you're going to the bottom of the ballot. >:( Well, not quite, but close enough.   
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:26:34 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131559 on: March 16, 2018, 09:26:16 pm »

Death at the hands of machines will not be because they rose up, it will be because our massage bot heard us enjoying a back cracking and promptly decided to shatter our femur- as correlation indicates we'll like that too.

That is indeed the most likely cause of a robot "revolution." It would most likely be because the robot's programmers failed to specify the robot's goal specifically and unambiguously enough, causing them to perform things which move toward that incorrect goal, but which are undesirable when considering the goal the programmers intended.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131560 on: March 16, 2018, 09:50:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure Isaac Asimov wrote a story or several dozen along those lines.  Not the "I, Robot" movie, though it does actually follow the same idea.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131561 on: March 16, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »

It's basically what causes every situation in the actual I, Robot book. Robots being given vague or contradictory orders and screwing things up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131562 on: March 16, 2018, 09:56:29 pm »

Was almost finished with Pokemon Insurgence download (updating is FUUUUUN) when computer decides to do the thing where it disconnects and refuses to reconnect to the internet until I reset it even though it shows me the internet thing right there in the list with all the others which it also can't connect to.... Welp, there's nearly 3 hours of my life I'll never get back (give or take)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131563 on: March 16, 2018, 11:26:12 pm »

Walmart has started selling scrubs that look like startrek uniforms.  No. Really. They just need the com-badge.

Come in a variety of colors.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #131564 on: March 16, 2018, 11:32:09 pm »

That is indeed the most likely cause of a robot "revolution." It would most likely be because the robot's programmers failed to specify the robot's goal specifically and unambiguously enough, causing them to perform things which move toward that incorrect goal, but which are undesirable when considering the goal the programmers intended.

I feel like somewhere God just threw up his hands with with an expression of "See, see the shit I have to deal with?!".
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 8769 8770 [8771] 8772 8773 ... 11002