Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8765 8766 [8767] 8768 8769 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13646940 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131490 on: March 14, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »

i was sad, i had something to say, and i forg- oh i remember now. But stilll, 504 errors suck

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131491 on: March 14, 2018, 11:14:35 pm »

*possble hipaa violation*

Ok, we have an infamous resident that is 'very fond' of inappropriate touching, and being a general menace to society with her exhibitionist tendencies.

Another resident recently confided that this other resident had pinched her nipples, then laughed about it. (She was very matter of fact about it, and is not traumatized)

Now, just about EVERYONE that is staff has been sexually groped by this woman, several times over, and there is basically nothing we can do about it because the woman is not in her right mind. I have personally had my butt and crotch grabbed from behind several times by this woman, and sickeningly, she has taken a specific fancy towards me, openly propositioning on several occasions.  I just report it, then go about my work.  This woman has a "behaviors" file that is nearly an inch thick.

Anyway-- As soon as I heard this, the very first thing that entered my mind was a parody of "Pistol packin' mama", with the line "Nipple pinchin' mama, put those fingers down!" instead.  I am not sure if I should laugh hysterically at this, be highly disturbed, or feel tremendous concern.  I hate having conflicting emotional states.

Also, horrible song parodies, or inappropriate application of songs (like Mr Rodger's theme song) come to mind all the damn time lately. Completely unbidden, unmeditated on, or anything. Just BAM--- Horrible parody, there as an ear worm all night.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:20:26 pm by wierd »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #131492 on: March 14, 2018, 11:26:03 pm »

She sounds like a character in a hentai
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131493 on: March 14, 2018, 11:51:26 pm »

This woman is every kind of "Nope!" rolled into one, that's what she is.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131494 on: March 15, 2018, 12:17:04 am »

So was Bay12 down for most of the day today for anyone else?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #131495 on: March 15, 2018, 12:18:06 am »

This woman is every kind of "Nope!" rolled into one, that's what she is.

That’s basically half of the characters in hentai though.

Please don’t ask me to elaborate.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131496 on: March 15, 2018, 01:20:36 am »

Can confirm, though for me it was more like a couple hours.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #131497 on: March 15, 2018, 01:23:54 am »

Psychiatric ward? My father complains about one of his patients doing this too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131498 on: March 15, 2018, 01:27:07 am »

No.

A resident that BELONGS in a psychiatric facility, merrily causing mayhem in a long term care nursing facility.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #131499 on: March 15, 2018, 01:28:11 am »

Ah, the other kind of psychiatric ward...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131500 on: March 15, 2018, 01:35:49 am »

For the most part, nursing homes are not that bad.  It is only when they admit residents that really belong in specialized facilities that you end up with problems like this.

The flipside is that there are more people that need special facilities than there are special facilities to accept them, so lots of people *HAVE* to be absorbed elsewhere in the system.

there is a big stigma from the press about opening more mental health related long term care facilities, using such pejorative terms as "Assylums", specifically to conjure up specters of Bedlam and pals, to engineer controversy.

Nevermind that this bullshit is exactly the reason why grandma, who just cant walk anymore and has incontinence she cant care for herself, is now subjected to nipple pinching. Oh no, don't you know, you can fix neurological trauma with counseling and drugs! (sarcasm) No need to open more long term facilities for these people! Oh no!. (searing hot vitriol)

Oh, what's that? The degree of anti-psychotics needed to arrest the groping is exactly the same amount needed to constantly snow the resident, and that is "Unnacceptable?"  It isn't like we can do ANYTHING to physically deter the touching or unwanted interaction, because that is also unacceptable!

Maybe-- Just MAYBE-- you should stop issuing impossible requirements about care, and open specialized facilities instead of forcing nursing facilities designed for normal aging to accept people who screwed themselves up on sex and drugs, and now have serious psychotic issues that result in constant assaults on other residents and staff!!  Oh, but no--- ASYLUMS and stuff! Wooooo!!

/rant
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:43:26 am by wierd »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131501 on: March 15, 2018, 03:12:26 am »

Just found out despite my membership running out at the climbing gym, they've still been debiting money from my account.
This being in addition to the walk-in fees I've been dealing with every time I go in as well.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131502 on: March 15, 2018, 03:21:39 am »

This is very common practice with gyms.

Few people have the "stick with it" needed to properly support a gym. Many people have sudden fits of "I need to be healthier", that they come to a gym. The gym gives them a contract, which the person does not read properly.  The contract authorizes the gym to keep billing, even if services are not rendered. People complain when they find out.

I consider this "normal operating practice" for gyms, which is why this is not that WTF inducing for me. Likely, you will need to terminate the agreement in the manner spelled out in the contract you signed when you started the membership. This typically involves "In writing" termination notice, with some additional hoops.  Follow the written process laid out in your contract, and THEN, if they keep billing after you have done your part, then contact small claims.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131503 on: March 15, 2018, 04:30:21 am »

Can confirm, though for me it was more like a couple hours.

Same here, it was down for me most of the evening. Isitdownrightnow.com however said it was up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131504 on: March 15, 2018, 06:34:08 am »

This is very common practice with gyms.

The strange part is that I walked in and beeped my card, at which point the attendant said 'your membership has expired. You'll need to sign up again or pay to enter'.
Which I then paid, for a month and a half until now.
So... y'know. Clearly something is up.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 8765 8766 [8767] 8768 8769 ... 11002