Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8763 8764 [8765] 8766 8767 ... 11003

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13656049 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131460 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:20 pm »

Well, not asking tonight. Next time I see him.

And if there's no good answer, and he persists, I'm not gonna hesitate with security because this has gone on far too fucking long. It's just got worse since reading week.

Reading week? Is he installing bookshelves?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131461 on: March 12, 2018, 09:26:54 pm »

I am surprised you haven't just jumped to the conclusion he's having some really rough sex. Suggest repositioning his bed away from the walls.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131462 on: March 12, 2018, 09:30:16 pm »

Well, not asking tonight. Next time I see him.

And if there's no good answer, and he persists, I'm not gonna hesitate with security because this has gone on far too fucking long. It's just got worse since reading week.

Reading week? Is he installing bookshelves?

In the middle of the night? And this has been going on for some time, greatorder has posted about it for a few months now, not sure when it started.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #131463 on: March 12, 2018, 09:39:03 pm »

Is it just me, or has FG&RP slowed down a lot?

I recall it being very active a few years ago, and now it's... well, pretty slow compared to back then.
RTD doesn't seem to have slowed down at all since I've joined (with the exception that the giant spaceship in the corner is dead), and I never much cared for the blinding fast RP-only part of FGRP proper anyway. I do somewhat lament the lack of ISGs though.
People say this place is slowing down, but I'm just curled up in the deepest place in the forum I dare enter, humming along nicely. The two times I tried to run a serious game I got way more people than I expected and shortly found that I was no Piecewise. .-.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131464 on: March 13, 2018, 07:24:45 am »

it tends to, yeah

it's a bit... memey... up there
Can't fight nature, Putnam

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131465 on: March 13, 2018, 07:28:06 am »

it tends to, yeah

it's a bit... memey... up there
Can't fight nature, Putnam

Memes! The DNA of the soul!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131466 on: March 13, 2018, 08:05:40 am »

Memey? All I see is gameplay discussion. Elves being killed isn't a meme, it's pest control.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #131467 on: March 13, 2018, 08:34:00 am »

Its Toady's fault for making invasions rely upon in-world logistics instead of a mad rush culminating in thousands of goblins and trolls riding giant bats and crocodiles.  In the lack of other distractions elves become the victims of apathetic boredom.

If he'd just give the goblins a reason to come, like if they came at the behest of their demon overlord to prevent its brethren from escaping and ruining his funtime . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131468 on: March 13, 2018, 09:37:18 am »

Its Toady's fault for making invasions rely upon in-world logistics instead of a mad rush culminating in thousands of goblins and trolls riding giant bats and crocodiles.  In the lack of other distractions elves become the victims of apathetic boredom.

I think that's one of the reasons I rarely pick up DF again these days.  Forts are so much safer than they were when I started (40d I think), unless you go out of your way to make mistakes or find Fun.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #131469 on: March 13, 2018, 10:14:58 am »

If he'd just give the goblins a reason to come, like if they came at the behest of their demon overlord to prevent its brethren from escaping and ruining his funtime . . .
I know! Is there any way to bring back progressively more dangerous seasonal waves of invaders?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131470 on: March 13, 2018, 10:39:09 am »

I think that's one of the reasons I rarely pick up DF again these days.  Forts are so much safer than they were when I started (40d I think), unless you go out of your way to make mistakes or find Fun.
Seem to recall Z levels in general made things safer, really. Least once most of the major-ish bugs were ironed out. More room to finagle things so it wasn't a concern...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #131471 on: March 13, 2018, 11:16:36 am »

I just want the classic cascading tantrum spirals back
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131472 on: March 13, 2018, 12:12:52 pm »

Well in the second-to-latest update, I found that repeated raids of a goblin civ elicited retaliatory invasions. I stole like 12 artifacts (books mostly) from the gobbos, and they sent a *lot* of raids to try and get em back.

In the newest one you can raid with the intent to raze and pillage, so that adds more murder-related activity for us.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #131473 on: March 13, 2018, 12:15:40 pm »

The internet provider for my employer has lost service again. Standing here telling customers we can only pay cash.

Mechanic called our Internet provider, theyre having a panic attack because the problems on their end.

Gonna post a sign for it. We all suspect the internet will immediately start working again. :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131474 on: March 13, 2018, 12:17:20 pm »

I thought you got fired like a week ago? You said your mom got fired at the same time you did. Unless you managed to get a new job recently, or I misunderstood.
Pages: 1 ... 8763 8764 [8765] 8766 8767 ... 11003