Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8683 8684 [8685] 8686 8687 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527456 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130260 on: January 26, 2018, 11:07:46 am »

Don't get it. Starting to get spooky. Like, 10 times each month, when I look at my alarm clock, it's 11:11. Been like that for that past 3 years.

They call it the 'crazy number' over here in the Netherlands.

Huh. My alarm clock seems to always say 12:34 when I look at it. Must be a regional thing

My sister once told me she kept looking at her clock and it was 10:37. Then I started noticing it, too.
It's just confirmation bias. You only remember your 'special' numbers when you check the clock, and forget all the non-special ones.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130261 on: January 26, 2018, 11:08:33 am »

@19th century medical science: Yeah, it's sometimes amazing that 19th century medical science was able to advance the way it did since the modern sanitary practices and other things weren't in place. It certainly resembles something more mad-sciencey than modern science.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130262 on: January 26, 2018, 11:09:46 am »

My Mom used to always be haunted by 9:11, obviously in reference to the 9/11 terror attacks. Though with her she also counted 1:19 (backwards) 1:16 (upside-down) and many other variations, increasingly the likelihood of 'accidentally' stumbling on it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130263 on: January 26, 2018, 11:10:49 am »

The twist is that you are the ghosts and that is the time you died.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130264 on: January 26, 2018, 11:12:29 am »

The twist is you are the clock, and M. Night Shamalayan is you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130265 on: January 26, 2018, 11:22:02 am »

A somewhat political wtf is that there were rumors that Nikki Haley was having an affair with Trump. Which of course is BS (do you REALLY think she would risk her own career by having an affair with Trump?).

While I get that it's popular to ship favorite movie/cartoon/manga/anime/tv show characters, this is just silly (also dumb). I bet there were Hillary Clinton x Barack Obama shippers too.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130266 on: January 26, 2018, 11:26:06 am »

I have encountered a strange phenomenon when I glance at my pocket watch. One second is precisely long enough to think "Oh, bother, it's stopped", until the hand snaps into the next position.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130267 on: January 26, 2018, 05:07:03 pm »

A somewhat political wtf is that there were rumors that Nikki Haley was having an affair with Trump. Which of course is BS (do you REALLY think she would risk her own career by having an affair with Trump?).
For enough money, yes (please note I don't know anything about her)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #130268 on: January 26, 2018, 05:38:17 pm »

You don’t need to know anything about someone to make a personal attack or accuse them of something.

I mean, look at America’s political climate today!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130269 on: January 26, 2018, 05:43:32 pm »

I have encountered a strange phenomenon when I glance at my pocket watch. One second is precisely long enough to think "Oh, bother, it's stopped", until the hand snaps into the next position.
Yes, this is the stopped-clock illusion. Your eyes can't both move and keep track of movement, so your brain is editing the visual data of the clock hand and causing overestimation whenever you move to look at it. Since you're now watching the clock, all subsequent seconds are correctly perceived.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #130270 on: January 26, 2018, 05:45:56 pm »

ia ia clockthulu fhtagn
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #130271 on: January 26, 2018, 08:31:50 pm »

Your bellybutton was once your mouth.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130272 on: January 26, 2018, 08:34:14 pm »

ia ia clockthulu fhtagn
And with strange eons, even a stopped clock may be right twice a day.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130273 on: January 26, 2018, 08:50:29 pm »

Not if it’s digital.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130274 on: January 26, 2018, 09:17:38 pm »

And that's why Lovecraft used weasel-words like "may" :P

Oh right I DO have a WTF!  Went to an HOA meeting last night, only found out of it by walking my housemate's dog.  Annual voting-meeting.
We spent over an hour just trying to decide how many board members were actually up for reelection, going over the bylaws over and over, then voted on notebook paper.
There were about 30 chairs for almost 70 units, which turned out to be exactly enough chairs including me and my housemate.  How did they know?

Multiple ongoing lawsuits went unmentioned, but we did go over 25 pages of budget writeup...  copies made for everyone present.  To be fair, I'm pretty sure that was a passive-aggressive dig at one of the lawsuits, but it fell on deaf ears since the plaintiff stormed out in the first 5 minutes.

The budget didn't actually get decided because it was already late, so they made what I insist on calling a "continuing resolution" to come back on Sunday, heh.
It was weird
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8683 8684 [8685] 8686 8687 ... 11037