Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8681 8682 [8683] 8684 8685 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527038 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130230 on: January 25, 2018, 07:36:51 pm »

There's also the quack researcher who claimed that vaccines caused autism.  He's lost his medical license but his research spawned a conspiracy theory.  I mean when the study first came out it seemed legit but IIRC the guy kept insisting it was true even when later evidence contradicted it.

What makes it obnoxious is that if we assume every single case of autism is caused by vaccines, that's still implying that one child having autism is worse than several dying.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130231 on: January 25, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »

The quack researcher was the guy I mentioned. His whole goal was to discredit the common MMR vaccine so people would buy his.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130232 on: January 25, 2018, 07:45:45 pm »

So apparently, my apartment had a gas leak for at least three months. Not a major one that would killed us in our sleep quickly luckily. and thank god my friend leaves for Ohio every weekend since the furnace was right below her closet.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130233 on: January 25, 2018, 07:56:34 pm »

Don't forget the person? (I don't actually remember if it was a person or a company) that claimed that MILK caused autism.... which makes even LESS sense, and destroys my faith in humanity even MORE (It's getting close to -300 at this point)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #130234 on: January 25, 2018, 08:03:35 pm »

So apparently, my apartment had a gas leak for at least three months. Not a major one that would killed us in our sleep quickly luckily. and thank god my friend leaves for Ohio every weekend since the furnace was right below her closet.
Great gods above. How'd you find out?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130235 on: January 25, 2018, 08:20:42 pm »

gas bill was increased by 371% and when we complained at office about the dipshit in charge of it (our roommate who takes 3.5 hour showers daily) they told us our water heater was electric, and I immediately called. But yeah Stabby almost just fucking died cause our apartment place doesn't every check the furnaces. another fun fact our friends next door apparently had it worse then us. so now I don;t have heating, in Michigan, in winter...
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #130236 on: January 25, 2018, 08:28:02 pm »

gas bill was increased by 371% and when we complained at office about the dipshit in charge of it (our roommate who takes 3.5 hour showers daily) they told us our water heater was electric, and I immediately called. But yeah Stabby almost just fucking died cause our apartment place doesn't every check the furnaces. another fun fact our friends next door apparently had it worse then us. so now I don;t have heating, in Michigan, in winter...

No offence, but how are you not dead? gas is pretty flammable.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130237 on: January 25, 2018, 08:42:10 pm »

it's not quite that flammable, and most of the gas was leaking upstairs and not near the oven. Combined with a small leak leads to the 275 dude in construction not dying quite that fast.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #130238 on: January 25, 2018, 08:47:46 pm »

Did you still have to pay the excess gas bill?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130239 on: January 25, 2018, 08:52:31 pm »

Did you still have to pay the excess gas bill?
We're going to call them tomorrow during actual business hours, and besides me and my two decent roommates already told them we aren't paying all of it since the leak was going on for so long.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130240 on: January 25, 2018, 09:01:11 pm »

The new season of The X Files.  That's my WTF.

(Also - that sounds like a lot of gas, assuming you didn't just decide to turn on a furnace that previously wasn't running. Do you all have anosmia?)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130241 on: January 25, 2018, 09:25:14 pm »

I do have anosmia do to injury, but you really couldn't smell it it really just smelled like gym socks in her closest and like faintly rotted meat next to our trash, so no one really noticed of payed attention. plus everyone else was sick and stuffed up.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130242 on: January 26, 2018, 12:03:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Optical illusion.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #130243 on: January 26, 2018, 01:53:09 am »

it's not quite that flammable, and most of the gas was leaking upstairs and not near the oven. Combined with a small leak leads to the 275 dude in construction not dying quite that fast.

Dad had some interesting little contraptions he acquired when I was little. Basically these things were wooden spikes, with a nice even taper over their length. Their intended use? Plugging gas mains.

If someone hit a gas line, one of these would be hammered into the end of the pipe (possibly after cutting the mangled part off).

These particular examples of their type were obsolete, as the good ol' wooden plugs don't work as well (or at all) with the new plastic mains. Also, these would be installed by the gas company, not some random construction worker.

Anyway, the point is that while gas is very flammable, the gas company would send a guy in with a wooden spike and a rubber hammer to plug a broken line... Dangerous? Kinda, but you better believe those guys were careful!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130244 on: January 26, 2018, 03:23:31 am »

If you're in Brisbane, you're an honorary plus 1 to either one of the parties I'm attending. One is full of indie music snobs and the other is full of pot smokers.
Neither has an acceptable pool. Pick your poison.
Haha, either would probably be pretty great!
I'm actually up on the Sunny Coast, though, and most of my Straya Day was taken up helping family move house.

Right now I am finally relaxing with a six-pack and a book.
It's finally cooled down, too. ^-^
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8681 8682 [8683] 8684 8685 ... 11037