Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8679 8680 [8681] 8682 8683 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526842 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130200 on: January 24, 2018, 11:59:03 pm »

I would hope vandalism charges would apply, since instead of just replacing the toilet whoever is going to be doing that is now going to have to deal with that mess first since not like any of us can do anything about it now, but the MoD didn't get any contact info or a licence plate so fat chance of that happening.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130201 on: January 25, 2018, 02:31:32 am »

Im surprised your manager told them not to come back. Customers at that truck stop never got banned for shitting in the urinals or whatever. I always had to clean it up. Always. We literally had to barricade the hallway to the bathrooms to keep people out when the water stopped working.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130202 on: January 25, 2018, 02:54:06 am »

There's a party happening tomorrow and my housemate/landlord has forgotten/refused to get the pool ready for it because of pubg.
I've never seen this level of videogame addiction and I'm pretty sure I should know what I'm talking about.

The most baffling part is, it's his party. It's an Australia day party. That's like doing fourth of july with no... I dunno, fireworks.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130203 on: January 25, 2018, 03:28:25 am »

The mens room in the store I work at is out of order.  Toilet don't work, not sure the reason why.  Been down for about 2 months now.  At this point we are assuming they are just going to replace the thing when they renovate the store in about a month. We've been letting everyone use the women's' room, and other than a few complaints about the seat being left up everything has been fine.

Today some guy came in, was told the bathroom was in use, and instead of waiting decided to walk into the mens room, to the clearly out of order toilet (The door has OUT OF ORDER written on it in big letters in english and spanish, has a stepladder blocking the door, has no toilet paper, towels, or soap, has the lid taken off the back, the water intake pipes disconnected and on the floor, and a number of plumbing tools scattered around the bathroom) and deposited the most horrible thing I have ever seen into the bowl.  The manager on duty tried to stop him but only got a 'too late I'm already in here now' response.  Once he left the bathroom he claimed that since it was not locked it was fine to use. (The door was not locked because a previous customer had broken the lock trying to kick the door down about half a year back over something I'm not privy to).  Naturally he was banned from the store.   But now we got a toilet that won't flush and a plumber's nightmare all in one.

WTF how can people be so stupid.

This sounds like it is in the US.  I refer you to a prior post I made about the mindset of american mainstream culture. Note the parallels.

The customer believes:
1) the bathroom is for HIS use, his using it is to be expected and accounted for.
2) Denying him access to the restroom is what is not tolerable, not his abuse of facilities that are not in a condition for service.
3) The consequences of having a broken bathroom are to be exclusively applied to the people operating the establishment, not to the person needing to poop.
4) He is super special awesome, and everyone else is a chump.

The manifestations of this cultural aspect are wide and far reaching, and again, it is the perfect recipe for the tragedy of the commons. To wit, a common bathroom was made even more unfit for service, and the time needed to restore function of that commons was greatly increased by the misuse of that commons.

The solution, again as stated prior--- is to re-instill the gravity of consequences for actions, by holding people accountable for their actions, and forcing them to respect that they are not alone in their actions, needs, or wants, and need to plan accordingly.

As long as "I avoid all consequences and get everything I wanted" is an option on the table, people will rush to take it. To this guy, being banned from a store is not sufficient consequence, as he likely ONLY stopped there to shit. (He likely has no intrinsic desire to shop there. He just needed to shit, and by golly, he got what he came for, and now he is done with the place.) He needs to be charged with violating health and sanitation laws, vandalism, disrupting the peace, disorderly conduct, and if he used force against people trying to keep him out of the bathroom, assault and or battery charges. He should also be levied a bill for his damage to the bathroom. The full gravity of his action needs to come home and hit him between the eyes, fast and hard.

In the US, we are averse to this happening, as we have elected leaders that are professional and consummate abusers of the commons themselves, and they have enshrined these deleterious values at the highest levels.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130204 on: January 25, 2018, 03:38:16 am »

There's a party happening tomorrow and my housemate/landlord has forgotten/refused to get the pool ready for it because of pubg.
I've never seen this level of videogame addiction and I'm pretty sure I should know what I'm talking about.

The most baffling part is, it's his party. It's an Australia day party. That's like doing fourth of july with no... I dunno, fireworks.
As long as you've got the VB and Vegemite, she'll be right.
Though if you are really desperate for a pool, you could always go with the classic "fill a wheelie bin with water" option. :))
Where's my invite, cunt?   

Speaking of PUBG, I have never played it (though apparently it has been ported to PS4? I shall have to convince a friend to get it so I can give it a try) but there is this weird, free ripoff of it called Fortnite that is installed on the PS4 where I'm staying for some reason. It's... honestly pretty bad, but I guess it could be mildly entertaining if I convince some friends to play it with me.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130205 on: January 25, 2018, 04:29:42 am »

If you're in Brisbane, you're an honorary plus 1 to either one of the parties I'm attending. One is full of indie music snobs and the other is full of pot smokers.
Neither has an acceptable pool. Pick your poison.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130206 on: January 25, 2018, 02:36:02 pm »

A 39 year old Dutch-Moroccan woman is standing trial for prolonged child abuse.

In an attempt to 'banish a djinn' from her now 9-year old son, she put his hands in a glowing oven, and poked his ears with a stick, leading to permanent hearing damage.
Her lawyer defends her, saying that "she did not intend to harm the child, she was just trying to heal him".
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130207 on: January 25, 2018, 02:38:06 pm »

Huh. Wonder if they get off. Exorcism defense sometimes leads to sentencing you otherwise wouldn't see. Pretty sure it still kills a few kids a year over here in the US, but it's been a while since I checked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130208 on: January 25, 2018, 02:39:25 pm »

It drives me crazy that religious fanaticism is seen as a mitigating factor in shit like this. It's an aggravating factor if anything, essentially a hate crime.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #130209 on: January 25, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »

I suppose it's less religious fanaticism being taken into account, more the perpetrator's intent.

If you stab someone because you want to insert a demon into their soul, you're probably not going to see any leniency. If you stab them with the intent of removing a demon, it does seem somewhat different.

I think it's a difficult question, but one revolving around intent rather than religious practice.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130210 on: January 25, 2018, 03:32:04 pm »

Honestly if it's done trough bodily harm of any sort, and especially on a child that can't really defend itself intent means jack shit. Put the bitch an mental institution because religious delusion to the level of causing physical and lasting harm to your own child should be grounds for locking her up until she learns that shit ain't real.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130211 on: January 25, 2018, 03:37:40 pm »

Oh, I agree. It's reprehensible, and she ought to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. I'm just saying that religion isn't necessarily what the defence would be looking at - more the intent.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130212 on: January 25, 2018, 04:20:02 pm »

According  to my news show tonight, apparently France and Italy is the world's leading in antivaccine sentiment. I had no idea.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130213 on: January 25, 2018, 04:21:40 pm »

I'd have thought it was America, what with all the crazy puritan descendants there.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130214 on: January 25, 2018, 05:14:57 pm »

The mens room in the store I work at is out of order.  Toilet don't work, not sure the reason why.  Been down for about 2 months now.  At this point we are assuming they are just going to replace the thing when they renovate the store in about a month. We've been letting everyone use the women's' room, and other than a few complaints about the seat being left up everything has been fine.

Today some guy came in, was told the bathroom was in use, and instead of waiting decided to walk into the mens room, to the clearly out of order toilet (The door has OUT OF ORDER written on it in big letters in english and spanish, has a stepladder blocking the door, has no toilet paper, towels, or soap, has the lid taken off the back, the water intake pipes disconnected and on the floor, and a number of plumbing tools scattered around the bathroom) and deposited the most horrible thing I have ever seen into the bowl.  The manager on duty tried to stop him but only got a 'too late I'm already in here now' response.  Once he left the bathroom he claimed that since it was not locked it was fine to use. (The door was not locked because a previous customer had broken the lock trying to kick the door down about half a year back over something I'm not privy to).  Naturally he was banned from the store.   But now we got a toilet that won't flush and a plumber's nightmare all in one.

WTF how can people be so stupid.

Solution, put cling wrap in the bowl. Worst case then is that they poop but it's contained in the wrap.
Pages: 1 ... 8679 8680 [8681] 8682 8683 ... 11037