Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8677 8678 [8679] 8680 8681 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526364 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130170 on: January 23, 2018, 08:04:44 pm »

It’s a sad fucking day when a grown ass man isn’t capable of wiping up his own piss. You wanna know why society sucks ass? Moments like this are the start of it.

Your naievity amuses me.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #130171 on: January 23, 2018, 08:24:07 pm »

It’s a sad fucking day when a grown ass man isn’t capable of wiping up his own piss. You wanna know why society sucks ass? Moments like this are the start of it.

Your naievity amuses me.

To drag the dead horse out of its grave and resume whaling on its likely desiccated skeletal remains:

There are much worse things happening in the world right this moment than people pissing on seats and proving incapable of wiping it up.

I'd be mad too, but I'm not exactly sure what I would do, if anything.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #130172 on: January 23, 2018, 08:36:30 pm »

It starts with a) a basic lack of respect for the anonymous person following you and b) not owning up to your own shit before someone has to call you on it. Could be the bathroom, could be traffic, it’s the same shit.

If people could just manage these two things, how much less shit would dealing with people be?

Oh right, but jaded internet cynicism and “well terrible things are happening elsewhere.”

The only thing you can ever do: clean up someone else’s bullshit for them, because they’re too worthless to do it themselves. Then fume about it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:41:31 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130173 on: January 23, 2018, 08:44:38 pm »

It starts with a) a basic lack of respect for the anonymous person following you and b) not owning up to your own shit before someone has to call you on it. Could be the bathroom, could be traffic, it’s the same shit.

If people could just manage these two things, how much less shit would dealing with people be?

Oh right, but jaded internet cynicism and “well terrible things are happening elsewhere.”

The only thing you can ever do: clean up someone else’s bullshit for them, because they’re too worthless to do it themselves. Then fume about it.

In my case, it isn't “well terrible things are happening elsewhere”, it is "that's so minor that the janitor will barely even notice it as he cleans it up". You would not believe the sort of things I have to clean up on a daily basis.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #130174 on: January 23, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »

Well, I’m not a fucking janitor, a nurse or any of that. And looking a guy in the eye right before you have to touch his bodily waste, because he’s a piece of shit, isn’t an experience I’m going to “blah blah blah apathy” about.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130175 on: January 23, 2018, 10:55:37 pm »

At the airport.

Long Layover in Newark, NJ.

Have to use the bathroom. Have to wait for a stall.

Big tattooed ape comes out of the stall. I look in.

The seat is covered in piss, and draped in toilet paper like he
just threw the most ghetto quincinera ever.

I fucking stare at him before closing the door to let him know exactly how much of a piece of shit I think he is.

And then he yells at me through the door “what do you want me to do man?”

Oh, gee, I don’t know. How about: CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF BETTER THAN A FUCKING 5 YEAR OLD YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG.

I once had to clean up someones shit from a urinal. People are terrible. Fuck people like that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 12:49:56 am by redwallzyl »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130176 on: January 23, 2018, 11:24:44 pm »

At the airport.

Long Layover in Newark, NJ.

Have to use the bathroom. Have to wait for a stall.

Big tattooed ape comes out of the stall. I look in.

The seat is covered in piss, and draped in toilet paper like he
just threw the most ghetto quincinera ever.

I fucking stare at him before closing the door to let him know exactly how much of a piece of shit I think he is.

And then he yells at me through the door “what do you want me to do man?”

Oh, gee, I don’t know. How about: CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF BETTER THAN A FUCKING 5 YEAR OLD YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG.

I once had to clean up someones whit from a urinal. People are terrible. Fuck people like that.
No, don't, that makes more of them.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130177 on: January 24, 2018, 12:59:57 am »

Heydude, Mathel and wierd you are all generous geniuses. Thank you.

Although it was purely theoretical because it’s already en route back to amazon (hopefully)

But also Mathel wouldn’t that resistor have the same heat issues as the stepdown converter?

It certainly would. It would take slightly more power than the device (13/11) and convert it all to heat.

Edit: I had not even thought about that before you notified me.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130178 on: January 24, 2018, 02:36:27 am »

Darn. I guess I know now why they're not in any hurry to develop a 240v option. Must take a ton of work.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130179 on: January 24, 2018, 02:54:14 am »

Not really. they just need beefier solid state components inside.  It would actually draw fewer amps to do the same work at 240v.  Typically, it is a cost saving move to develop products specifically for a specific market environment, where the mains power has a local standard. In the US, this is 110v @ 50 to 60hz. If you design your hardware around that standard voltage source, you can maximize economy of scale, and avoid adding "unneeded" power regulation hardware into the device's design, allowing you to make a less expensive product.

For devices that need to service many locales, the inclusion of "redundant" (since only one will be active at a time) power regulation circuitry becomes a necessary evil, and these products are of necessity, more expensive.

If there is no market for a 240v version of the appliance, then the manufacturer wont make one, because "expensive sourcing of higher voltage components at little to no demand for the finished product, is not how you make profit."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130180 on: January 24, 2018, 04:20:34 am »

Well, since the Tide Pod Challenge is mainstream now, it seems China has one upped us.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/23/16923200/china-customer-bites-iphone-battery-replacement-explosion

Features nice GIF.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130181 on: January 24, 2018, 04:28:27 am »

Looks like the guy took it out of his mouth after biting it. Smarter than the alternative, at least.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #130182 on: January 24, 2018, 09:08:26 am »

The Battery Acid Challenge doesn't have much of a ring to it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130183 on: January 24, 2018, 09:49:55 am »

And we laughed when they made the Nintendo Switch carts taste funny so people wouldn't eat them.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130184 on: January 24, 2018, 10:19:31 am »

And we laughed when they made the Nintendo Switch carts taste funny so people wouldn't eat them.

Time to start adding Bitrex to everything.
Pages: 1 ... 8677 8678 [8679] 8680 8681 ... 11037