Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8668 8669 [8670] 8671 8672 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524048 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130035 on: January 18, 2018, 10:07:40 pm »

As much as I like making fun of dumb people, why don't someone make snacks that look like tide pods and call it a day?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130036 on: January 18, 2018, 10:17:40 pm »

why does this sound like a terrible idea

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #130037 on: January 18, 2018, 10:20:17 pm »

Eat detergent and clean your clothes with candy. Truly, this is the best timeline

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130038 on: January 18, 2018, 10:48:50 pm »

I mean, it seems literally designed to look desirable to human lizardbrains. The first time I saw one I was like "ooh, that's tasty. wait, it's soap? wtf"

My laundry detergent smells like the slushie stuff from Dairy Queen.

I... I honestly don’t know what to think of that.

Anyway, eating detergent is fucking asinine. Don’t do it. Poison control centers have better things to do than respond to “help I ate my laundry soap”. It sounds like a Jerry Springer caption ffs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #130039 on: January 19, 2018, 01:08:26 am »

I mean, it seems literally designed to look desirable to human lizardbrains. The first time I saw one I was like "ooh, that's tasty. wait, it's soap? wtf"
I agree with you.  They look edible.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130040 on: January 19, 2018, 01:12:05 am »

I generally avoid sweets, peppermint in general, so I'm not really tempted...  Blue coloring like that screams artificial/antifreeze/nah.
Also the entire notion makes me actually nauseous, and I like some weird foods.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130041 on: January 19, 2018, 02:29:26 am »

I joked with a nurse at work about making edible confectionery that look like tide pods. She was rightfully horrified about the prospect.

I mentioned that Japan invented edible candy wrappers, and that most frosting formulations are predominantly lipid based (so the wrapper material would not melt). The combination could be used with say, sour candy powder granules to make a very convincing edible tide pod facsimile.

She was mortified by the idea.  Lol

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130042 on: January 19, 2018, 02:41:10 am »

You might recall how antifreeze is sweet, so they started putting bitterant in it to keep people from drinking it. Well, the same sweetness also exists in ink. And I had a pen break some weeks ago.

Holy shit is that smell enticing. It's not just sweet but kind of novel too, after having experienced so many other real foods. I can see how somebody would go for just a small taste of antifreeze if they didn't know better.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130043 on: January 19, 2018, 03:24:04 am »

I figured eating dish soap specifically was assholes just posting edgy memes and/or seeing if they can get other gullible idiots killed. They do look like a weird candy thing though, products that look good sell better too. But the fault isnt with the manufacturers in my opinion when the morons in question are mature enough they should be able to read the labels and have been warned multiple times not to eat things just because they look good by their family/parental units. Theyre consciously making bad decisions either entirely for themselves or by following someone elses suggestion, and frankly theres no cure for true stupidity, if ignorance has been covered.

Or if someone is coercing/tricking someone else into consuming what they know to be poison, thats (attempted) murder. The manufacturer could be at fault if their product was not correctly labelled as toxic, which is already illegal. Still id expect parents to have taught their kids not to eat things just because they look good, especially by the age of 13+.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130044 on: January 19, 2018, 04:41:32 am »

They look like yummy fruity candies. Who would make something look like that but you can't eat it. Monsters. ;_;
Reminds me of that damn chocolate deodorant that was marketed over here some years ago. :-\

Come to think of it, the taste is pretty similar, too...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130045 on: January 19, 2018, 04:54:51 am »

?Related?: What happens when you drink bleach

Yeah, we all already know bleach is deadly, but the video shows you exactly HOW deadly it is.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130046 on: January 19, 2018, 05:01:25 am »

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130047 on: January 19, 2018, 05:43:09 am »

Tide pod candy, you say?

That guy has one of the most strangely calming voices/ways of speaking. It's not the color of it or anything, just the way he's narrating the whole thing, makes you all warm and fuzzy somehow xD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130048 on: January 19, 2018, 05:43:35 am »

Got no sleep whatsoever. It's too damn hot in this room, and I'm still pissed about yesterday. I've been up for the last 3 hours reading these(ALL of them).

I honestly not sure how I'm going to function today.

EDIT: I swear this one is not a sleep-deprived hallucination(I kinda wish it was), but at the top of my Steam store page, under today's sales, it has "Suggested curators". Under that is "Follow reviews for men to see more recommendations like this", with a picture of a bare&muscle-chested Adoring Fan from Oblivion next to it. And the recommended items are Little Nightmares, Yume Nikki, Touhou: The Disappearing of Gensokyo, and a VR tour of Deckard's apartment from Blade Runner.

Just... what. Also, I don't think I have my gender information on my Steam account, so did Steam just assume my gender?! For that matter, sexual preference(way off on that one, btw)?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:19:26 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130049 on: January 19, 2018, 07:00:13 am »

Tide pod candy, you say?

That guy has one of the most strangely calming voices/ways of speaking. It's not the color of it or anything, just the way he's narrating the whole thing, makes you all warm and fuzzy somehow xD
I have a feeling that you might enjoy r/artisanvideos
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 8668 8669 [8670] 8671 8672 ... 11037