Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8663 8664 [8665] 8666 8667 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14521234 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129960 on: January 16, 2018, 04:41:27 pm »

Makes me wonder what would happen if they were not the same fort, or worse yet 2 different forts with different mods?  Since the current modlist is stored with the save, I imagine it would be possible to have two saves running 2 different mods running at the same time, but there is only one 'current' folder for df to reference during gameplay.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129961 on: January 16, 2018, 07:06:20 pm »

It doesn't work that way. The save doesn't have a "mod list", is has its own complete copy of the game data.

In short, running two saves with different mods at the same time would work perfectly fine.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #129962 on: January 16, 2018, 07:40:09 pm »

I read

"The Democratic caucus is split between 2018 concerns and 2020 positioning"

as

"The Democratic caucus is split between 2018 concerns and 2020 shitposting"

and didn't bat an eyelash for half an article. I think politics is getting to me.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #129963 on: January 16, 2018, 08:48:36 pm »

I read

"The Democratic caucus is split between 2018 concerns and 2020 positioning"

as

"The Democratic caucus is split between 2018 concerns and 2020 shitposting"

and didn't bat an eyelash for half an article. I think politics is getting to me.

5,600,345 shitposts made
BORN TO SHITPOST
0800-4046-876
future is kill
President today now vote me

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129964 on: January 16, 2018, 09:15:13 pm »

It doesn't work that way. The save doesn't have a "mod list", is has its own complete copy of the game data.

In short, running two saves with different mods at the same time would work perfectly fine.
Yea I kinda couldn't figure out the right word, df does not use modlists indeed, instead just copying the entire data folder into each save.  But isn't that data also then copied into the current folder for reading during play?  I'm wondering how having multiple games running works in regards to that folder.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129965 on: January 16, 2018, 10:12:31 pm »

Nope, it reads from the save folder. The only thing the "main" raw directory is used for is as a source for new worlds. Once a new world is saved it always uses the save's raws. You can run multiple games (with different saves) no problem. You can even run multiple copies of the game with the same save no problem, at least until you go to load your game later, then you will discover that whichever copy saved last is the only one that was actually saved. It may corrupt your save file if both copies save at the same time, but once again this won't effect anything until you try to load the save. While the game is running everything is held in memory. You could delete your save and keep playing no problem.

EDIT: About the whole save in memory thing: Some DFHack mods actually use this property by modifying the raws in memory after they have been loaded. It's a cool trick that allows you to do some things that would be otherwise impossible, but it can get pretty tricky at times.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:15:31 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129966 on: January 17, 2018, 12:22:32 am »

Just had a sudden, violent, unprovoked nosebleed shortly after a conversation with an attractive coworker.
Could you friggin' weebs please stop letting your tropes bleed over into real life??
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #129967 on: January 17, 2018, 12:24:07 am »

Just had a sudden, violent, unprovoked nosebleed shortly after a conversation with an attractive coworker.
Could you friggin' weebs please stop letting your tropes bleed over into real life??

Let the power of the weeb flow through you...
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129968 on: January 17, 2018, 12:26:06 am »

Eating all those iron-rich leafy greens gave you an excess of blood, what did you expect?  I know spinach is delicious and nourishing, but we must be strong.
It's basic humors, people have known this for centuries.
That or we had too much salt...  Nah, surely the greens :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129969 on: January 17, 2018, 12:45:07 am »

Salt gives you nosebleeds?

Unpossible! I ate like 4 cans of campbell's chicken and noodle yesterday, and ONE can has like 40% your daily allowance of sodium. I even followed it up with some Benandril, and not even a hint of a nosebleed.

Clearly, it was the cold weather causing ruptured capillaries.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129970 on: January 17, 2018, 01:06:25 am »

Yoink is in the Hemisphere Down Under, so I doubt cold is what did him in.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129971 on: January 17, 2018, 01:09:14 am »

Watching a video discussing the 11 year old muslim girl in Canada who said a man tried to cut her hijab with scissors. Halfway through I got a feeling, basically the girl's story sounds like the lies I used to tell my mother when I was about 6 years old, that seemed good to me at age 6, but she'd see through instantly, because the details were preposterous. Sure enough, after all the hand-wringing (this went all the way to Trudeau's office making statements condemning the attack), police announce that the incident never happened.

Basically, in this case, why was someone carrying scissors, and if your hijab was actually cut, where are the cut marks? It's kind of scary that the international media and political leaders can't see through poorly-thought-out children's lies, when your own mother would probably be more scrutinizing of things you told her.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:17:39 am by Reelya »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #129972 on: January 17, 2018, 01:33:43 am »

It's not really that weird to carry scissors around sometimes.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129973 on: January 17, 2018, 01:41:33 am »

Eating all those iron-rich leafy greens gave you an excess of blood, what did you expect?  I know spinach is delicious and nourishing, but we must be strong.
It's basic humors, people have known this for centuries.
That or we had too much salt...  Nah, surely the greens :P
Damn, you could be onto something there. Guess I'll have to start giving blood to deal with this dangerous excess of heart juice.
As an added bonus, those receiving transfusions of my uber-healthy blood in future will no doubt be infected with veganism! Muahaha, I shall spread compassion through the unwitting populace like a benign plague! :))

Edit: of course, this is all assuming I don't have any actual, less-pleasant infections of the bloodborne variety. Would be interesting to find out, actually...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:43:53 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #129974 on: January 17, 2018, 01:45:02 am »

Personally, I find Ingress much less grindy than Pokemon Go. You can help out and engage in PvP without needing an absurdly overlevelled Pokemon to hold a gym.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 8663 8664 [8665] 8666 8667 ... 11037