Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8649 8650 [8651] 8652 8653 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14521258 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129750 on: January 03, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »

I can't remember the last time a woman complimented me, much less asked me out.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129751 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:57 pm »

I'd probably run, lol..... Not sure I'd want to work for that kind of boss.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129752 on: January 03, 2018, 06:25:41 pm »

It might snow tonight.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129753 on: January 03, 2018, 07:10:41 pm »

It might snow tonight.
Oh, neat. That led me to check the forecast. Lows in the sub-30s F over the next few days. Hadn't really noticed, heh. Might actually have vague need to dig out one of the blankets I've been using to functionally widen my mattress~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129754 on: January 03, 2018, 07:11:24 pm »

@Pisskop

It's common advice not to date your colleagues, especially your boss. She may want to go out with you now, but imagine how things will change once the relationship ends. She might harbour some hard feelings and take them out on you. You might think she's a mature person who know's how to control her emotions, but you'd be surprised by the amount of grown adults who still act like children.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129755 on: January 03, 2018, 07:14:30 pm »

Why do you need to widen your mattress? And yeah, it's nuts that this cold snap is happening with the polar vortex.

Gotta wonder why it happens more with North America than Asia, geography maybe....

@Pisskop

It's common advice not to date your colleagues, especially your boss. She may want to go out with you now, but imagine how things will change once the relationship ends. She might harbour some hard feelings and take them out on you. You might think she's a mature person who know's how to control her emotions, but you'd be surprised by the amount of grown adults who still act like children.

That sounds kind of accidentially sexist, though I get what you're trying to say.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129756 on: January 03, 2018, 07:26:20 pm »

That advice applies for women with male bosses, or whatever other combination you care to form, as much or more. It's pretty gender neutral advice outside the pronouns, heh.

Why do you need to widen your mattress?
I mean, I don't need to. I just have a substantial amount of bedding I don't really use over the warmer months, massively prefer to sleep with my bed up against a wall, and broadly speaking don't care enough to do much with the stuff besides use it as a foot prop or pillow, so excess bedding has been gradually wedging itself between the mattress and the wall, slowly pushing the mattress off the edge of the bed frame. Ergo, after a bit I've ended up with something somewhat larger than the twin the bed is built as, the wall-side corner made mostly of compacted blankets.

That said, I do tend to sleep with my laptop on the part of the bed I'm not on, so it's kinda' helpful for providing more arm space (and decreasing the likelihood of the laptop getting knocked off).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:30:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129757 on: January 03, 2018, 07:29:07 pm »

with my bed up against a well

Don't fall in!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129758 on: January 03, 2018, 07:29:57 pm »

The only thing falling in a well is autocorrupt once I finish kicking it down one.
Ask not!
Ask!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #129759 on: January 03, 2018, 07:58:36 pm »

Furnaces suck
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:43:54 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129760 on: January 03, 2018, 08:26:15 pm »

Extremely poor attempt at a filter?

Also, I'd assume that the furnace supplies heat to everybody at the residence (whatever your living situation is), so, it'd be a middle finger to everybody else too.

At least they didn't put it on the exhaust....

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129761 on: January 03, 2018, 08:56:19 pm »

I don't know if this makes me a bad person, but everytime I see the words do not quote, just in general, I'm always tempted to quote it out of rebellion

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #129762 on: January 03, 2018, 09:00:38 pm »

I don't know if this makes me a bad person, but everytime I see the words do not quote, just in general, I'm always tempted to quote it out of rebellion
There's context for her why she does that :v
It's better to note why that happens instead of noting 'this may be happening' and then judging yourself on it. :P Because you didn't act on it but thought about it openly instead.

How does a heating unit look like, on that note? In us countries where there is no snow, it's either 'airconditioning' or 'natural climate cooling' in all my experiences.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129763 on: January 03, 2018, 09:12:15 pm »

There's context for her why she does that :v
It's better to note why that happens instead of noting 'this may be happening' and then judging yourself on it. :P Because you didn't act on it but thought about it openly instead.

How does a heating unit look like, on that note? In us countries where there is no snow, it's either 'airconditioning' or 'natural climate cooling' in all my experiences.

It could be an older home or apartment. As for 'furnace', theres various types.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129764 on: January 03, 2018, 09:24:55 pm »

Wow, that is a pretty douchebaggy thing to do. Would have been much worse if the exhaust pipe was blocked instead.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 8649 8650 [8651] 8652 8653 ... 11037