Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8644 8645 [8646] 8647 8648 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524073 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129675 on: December 29, 2017, 03:51:48 am »

Scrollwheel and right mouse button stopped working this morning, they were fine last night. How? Why? When?

Edit: And it's only with Firefox, they work with regular windows :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129676 on: December 29, 2017, 03:54:12 am »

"When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."

Here's your hammer.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/reset-firefox-howto,news-18817.html

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129677 on: December 29, 2017, 07:54:15 am »

Was told last night that I wasn't to use the kitchen sink until morning because my stepdad managed to get it to drip juuuust right so as to not freeze without wasting too much water.

This morning, after making breakfast, my stepdad gets on me for using the kitchen sink because I should have just waited until his say so. He could have at least waited until I washed the dishes before rigging the sink again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129678 on: December 29, 2017, 10:01:13 am »

The faucet dripping is still wasting water, then again, your stepdad is eccentric beyond eccentric (and that's being nice), so, probably no point in explaining.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129679 on: December 29, 2017, 10:08:22 am »

The cost (money, environmental, whatever) of "wasting" that slow-running water is far less than the cost of a burst pipe.  Note the idea isn't to keep the water flowing to prevent freezing by the way - it's to open the pipe so any freezing that does occur has a place to expand non-destructively.

But my real WTF for the day: got an electronic gift card from my parents for Christmas.  Tried to redeem it on the associated website, but it shows as invalid.  Called customer support, they said "oh yeah, those numbers are like debit cards, and they don't work on our website. You have to use it in the store."  For crying out loud it's almost 2018 folks...
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129680 on: December 29, 2017, 10:25:35 am »

The cost (money, environmental, whatever) of "wasting" that slow-running water is far less than the cost of a burst pipe.  Note the idea isn't to keep the water flowing to prevent freezing by the way - it's to open the pipe so any freezing that does occur has a place to expand non-destructively.

Yeah, it's basically the difference between cents/dollars and thousands/tens of thousands depending on the severity of damage. Also the problem of potentially not having access to clean water for a while.

I hate winter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129681 on: December 29, 2017, 10:53:21 am »

Yeah, it's basically the difference between cents/dollars and thousands/tens of thousands depending on the severity of damage. Also the problem of potentially not having access to clean water for a while.

I hate winter.

I see. I'm from Southern California, so, unless you're in the mountains to the east, it never gets cold enough for water to freeze. It still gets pretty cold though.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129682 on: December 29, 2017, 12:47:31 pm »

Spoiler: TMI poop warning (click to show/hide)

In less shitty WTFs, I binge-watched the new season of Black Mirror today. It was realllll good.
I had only seen two scattered episodes of the earlier seasons before, one of which was great and one of which was pretty good.
But this was honestly pretty rad, I guess I'm a fan after all?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129683 on: December 29, 2017, 02:19:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #129684 on: December 29, 2017, 02:27:58 pm »

So, I am an electronic technician.
Got frustrated with some stuff, ended up opening a small phone repair shop with old family friend.
Things go well, bussiness is good.

Everyone is now wasting my time with how Google, Apple and Facebook are listening to everything they say all the time and that there are videos that show that you can say something and then open facebook and it shows you an ad for it.

Discover that there is some random copypasta being fowarded in WhatsApp that says that.

The whole phone explodes and take away half the person's face ordeal  over again.

Legitimately puzzled by how much people are coming in with this complaint, I am trying to take time to explain to people how it is not possible, and you need to let the app use the mocrofone, that background tasks get killed on the regular, still don't believe me sometimes. Getting really tired of it, maybe I will charge an eye and an arm to remove the apps microfone permission and send they away.

They are almost deserving being ripped off.

Edit: Now they are appearing on Reddit too. Great. At least there is not on my ears.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:31:03 pm by Magistrum »
In a time before time, I had a name.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129685 on: December 29, 2017, 04:41:32 pm »

-snip-

EXTRA! EXTRA! PEOPLE CONFIRMED TO BE IDIOTS!

Man heard expounding upon the idiocy of the masses, fellow tecno-literates around the world shocked by his stunning revelations!

OK, maybe that is a bit too much sarcasm...

Seriously though, it is truly amazing how stupid your average person is outside of a very limited area of expertise. Worse, most of these "modern peasants" apparently have no desire to learn anything new.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129686 on: December 29, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »

Getting really tired of it, maybe I will charge an eye and an arm to remove the apps microfone permission and send they away.
Well, at least we know who's been starting all these rumours  :P
One wheel short of a wagon

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #129687 on: December 29, 2017, 06:01:01 pm »

So, I am an electronic technician.
Got frustrated with some stuff, ended up opening a small phone repair shop with old family friend.
Things go well, bussiness is good.

Everyone is now wasting my time with how Google, Apple and Facebook are listening to everything they say all the time and that there are videos that show that you can say something and then open facebook and it shows you an ad for it.

Discover that there is some random copypasta being fowarded in WhatsApp that says that.

The whole phone explodes and take away half the person's face ordeal  over again.

Legitimately puzzled by how much people are coming in with this complaint, I am trying to take time to explain to people how it is not possible, and you need to let the app use the mocrofone, that background tasks get killed on the regular, still don't believe me sometimes. Getting really tired of it, maybe I will charge an eye and an arm to remove the apps microfone permission and send they away.

They are almost deserving being ripped off.

Edit: Now they are appearing on Reddit too. Great. At least there is not on my ears.
I love how that ignores the more obvious problem, which is that phones are built to send out conversations to a network where a phone company can do whatever they want with them.  Like, where do you think you're going to say the really private stuff, when you're walking home alone from work, or when you're chatting up your boss/SO/parents/criminal conspirators over the phone?  But no, I'm sure some hacker wants to listen to you fart while your phone is in your back pocket.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129688 on: December 29, 2017, 07:46:27 pm »

To be honest, nowadays I wouldn't be suprised if some phone company enabled exactly that (probably working with some kind of agency/CEO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #129689 on: December 29, 2017, 08:07:58 pm »

I'll have you know my farts are worth their weight in gold.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8644 8645 [8646] 8647 8648 ... 11037