Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8585 8586 [8587] 8588 8589 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517607 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128790 on: November 16, 2017, 10:15:07 pm »

The Tick is an Amazingly well done show. WTF levels of amazing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128791 on: November 16, 2017, 11:16:03 pm »

Ah the tick, that is one of those shows that I always wanted to watch but it was always just ending when I got home from school.  I should probably try to netflix it or something.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128792 on: November 17, 2017, 05:04:20 am »

Although as an update, it indeed looks nice, I am a bit mad about how it was pushed. My pc rebooted for it, without asking. Well, it rebooted to do a Windows update, but that still shouldn't happen, I've got it put on 'ask first', so it shouldn't just reboot without input. Dunno how, but I suspect the pending Firefox update somehow made my windows update reboot.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #128793 on: November 17, 2017, 05:20:19 am »

One of the Discord servers that i'm in celebrates a 40-member party.... The most well known shitposter there starts to post stuff. All hell breaks loose.

Those shitposts made me laugh, repulses normies with unsafe stuff and repulses other shitposters by spamming low tier memes. Sad thing is the server is one of the servers that i posted here....
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:22:51 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128794 on: November 17, 2017, 05:43:58 am »

Our store made enough in Halloween sales to get a bonus. I just checked my paycheck(today is payday) and it's not there.

*irrational anger intensifies*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128795 on: November 17, 2017, 06:20:22 am »

Although as an update, it indeed looks nice, I am a bit mad about how it was pushed. My pc rebooted for it, without asking. Well, it rebooted to do a Windows update, but that still shouldn't happen, I've got it put on 'ask first', so it shouldn't just reboot without input. Dunno how, but I suspect the pending Firefox update somehow made my windows update reboot.

It shouldn't ... because Firefox update has nothing to do with the Windows Update system. Also, Firefox doesn't need a reboot to update, it just closes the browser at most.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128796 on: November 17, 2017, 07:42:18 am »

The place I work for are morons, who have contracted an Active Directory server in god only knows where, that takes 30 minutes to pull the roaming profile, or to change a password, because the building administrator is too god damned stupid to realize that I have current credentials, work cheap, and can manage it locally just fine, if he would just give me that job responsibility.

But no. We get a support number for a NOC that if you inadvertantly switch two of the last 4 in the number, you get a sex hotline, for a very overworked or at least poorly serviced active directory provider.

I F*CKING LOVE the world I find myself in.  You have no idea how painful it is to suffer this, when you KNOW how to do it the right way, would be willing to do it the RIGHT WAY for the same pay you are getting now, and just get foofoo'ed. I worked at godamn NetApp, for gods sake. I know how to do this shit in my sleep.

Ok. Rant/WTF over.  In the time it has taken to write this post, the roaming profile has *STILL* not finished being pulled.

*UPDATE*
30 minutes to do the thing!!
AND-- the system locks up when selecting other users more than 3/4 of the time. Guess what-- it probably needs to be reloaded and reconnected to the domain. That means a support visit form our worthless outsourced IT!  Course, I could do it myself in a few hours, but no. I clearly don't have the needed credentials.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:00:40 am by wierd »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128797 on: November 17, 2017, 10:52:31 am »

The eye doctors office lobby is making me extremely anxious. Blurgh.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128798 on: November 17, 2017, 11:52:01 am »

I think I must have caught the wrong bus whilst drunk.
...Wait, why was I catching a bus in the first place? This was supposed to be a simple train ride in and out of the city; next thing I know I'm on a bus sailing past the outermost suburban train station I've ever been to.

At least I have plenty of phone battery.
Jeez. Otherwise this would be a nightmare. D:

Edit: came in here to post about this but it turns out my past self already did, haha.
I have crisps and coffee to help with the rest of the journey, at least.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:15:42 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128799 on: November 17, 2017, 01:36:21 pm »

Ever since Nationstates introduced the Policies feature, I have come to realize that my nation is all kinds of fucked up.
edit: Well I have always known, just not to this extent.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128800 on: November 17, 2017, 01:40:23 pm »

Not ALL kinds...  You mandate the metric system.  And 420.  And at least you can into space.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #128801 on: November 17, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »

"Sexual reproduction is prohibited."  Um... is it replaced by anything or is this a temporary nation?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128802 on: November 17, 2017, 01:45:43 pm »

>polygamy

>no sex

What
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128803 on: November 17, 2017, 01:47:10 pm »

I also like "no procreation" along with "no homo".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128804 on: November 17, 2017, 01:47:28 pm »

It's the Neutral Planet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8585 8586 [8587] 8588 8589 ... 11037