Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8561 8562 [8563] 8564 8565 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14523629 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128430 on: November 05, 2017, 11:59:40 pm »

Re: 'Fucking women'. I agree that 'down that road lies misogyny' but at the same time on the exact other side of the world I've had exactly the same thing happen with a flirty colleague who turned out to be in a steady relationship, and when I cut it off it backfires hard.

That being said, I'm sure there's dudes around who are equally... that.
Something about being in a relationship but enjoying the game, and then when someone takes the game away you have to realize that the game was wrong and that causes a big emotional backlash on the person who made you see it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128431 on: November 06, 2017, 12:25:49 am »

‘cause people are fucking stupid and forget their behaviour has consequences, and being reminded of those consequences is engaging in egregiousness of the highest order.

pisskop deserves everything that happens to them, not letting their boss’s boss indulge in mild abuse of authority by flirting with minions without being reminded of their significant other. Bastard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128432 on: November 06, 2017, 12:58:22 am »

I haven't heard a single good thing about any Marvel TV series other than Daredevil and Agents of Shield. People are exited for Punisher though, hopefully it'll be a hit.
I've only seen one episode so far, so it may very well not hold up later, but from what I saw Legion is pretty damn great. Like, great TV, not just great among comic book adaptations.
Feels more like an adaptation of a P.K.Dick novel than something from the Marvel universe.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128433 on: November 06, 2017, 03:59:34 am »

[offtopic]Have a zit on the inside of my nostril, hurts like hell, and is apparently a 'blind' pimple which seems to basically just mean it's unpoppable.  Looking for a solution, I turn to google.

One source says to use rubbing alcohol claiming it will penetrate the skin and kill the bacteria, speeding up the healing.  Another source says it will do the exact opposite, killing skin cells, clogging pores and causing more pimples to appear.  Both seem reasonably scientific for random internet articles, and appear to make sense in their own ways.

WTF science, you'd think by the year 2017 we'd have a solid yea or nay for alcohol as a treatment for such an incredibly common thing using such incredibly common ingredients.[/offtopic]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #128434 on: November 06, 2017, 04:07:53 am »

If you're sufficiently infuriated there's always lancing, but I honestly struggle to think of a worse (non-lethal) idea than shoving a needle up your nose. Probably not wise.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #128435 on: November 06, 2017, 04:15:03 am »

Just intuitively I'm going to say rubbing alcohol should never go anywhere inside your nose.  The skin inside your nostrils can be easily messed up.  Like, very easily.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128436 on: November 06, 2017, 04:25:22 am »

Yea that was kinda my thinking, I did kinda have a bit of weight towards believing the article that claimed it works.  Zitz are caused by bacteria and alcohol kills bacteria after all.  While the other articles arguments are not something I knew right off.  But that weight was being counterbalanced by the whole but is this still safe inside the nose? question.

Lancing is out.  It does not have a decernable head.  Thus my conclusion it was a blind pimple, which everyone agrees you should not try to lance.  Even if it had a head I could easily determine I would be hesitant to go poking about in my nose with a disinfected sewing needle.

I'll probably just tough it out.  I'm just astounded that there is nothing solid on whether that works or not when zits are probably a problem as ancient as mandkind itself, and isopropyl alcohol is nearly a century old, and it's not like either of them are rare.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:29:30 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128437 on: November 06, 2017, 04:29:22 am »

hunh.  pluralizing the behavior of on woman to apply to the swath is not uncommon.  nor is it for women to return the favor.

because yes,  it is a behavior ive seen before.  ive just never been in the thick of it to this degree.

i dont think it was malicious.  naive of her, or hopeful, maybe. because we did start a little before or as her relationship with this guy started  . . .

p: leave it alone.  i have a few scars now from some of the nastier. pusbumps i popped.  like directly next to my right eye is one.  a small one i rather like, but still a scar
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #128438 on: November 06, 2017, 04:29:52 am »

I haven't heard a single good thing about any Marvel TV series other than Daredevil and Agents of Shield. People are exited for Punisher though, hopefully it'll be a hit.
I've heard that Jessica Jones is good but intense.  Most of what I know is that the first season prominently features a villain that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128439 on: November 06, 2017, 04:37:00 am »

Yeah, I was going to recommend Jessica Jones too. I was pretty affected by my first watching, and it has one of the best Doctors on the cast.

Luke Cage was good too. More normal superhero but also Harlem/neighborhood stuff.
Edit: Defenders was pretty generic and meh after those, at least for me.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:39:02 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128440 on: November 06, 2017, 04:45:04 am »

hunh.  pluralizing the behavior of on woman to apply to the swath is not uncommon.  nor is it for women to return the favor.
Unhealthy for both, though. Better to take the high road and set up a bit of a ledge against this particular tragedy of the commons, no?

One source says to use rubbing alcohol claiming it will penetrate the skin and kill the bacteria, speeding up the healing.  Another source says it will do the exact opposite, killing skin cells, clogging pores and causing more pimples to appear.  Both seem reasonably scientific for random internet articles, and appear to make sense in their own ways.

WTF science, you'd think by the year 2017 we'd have a solid yea or nay for alcohol as a treatment for such an incredibly common thing using such incredibly common ingredients.
Hilariously, they're both wrong! Short-term use of rubbing alcohol won't damage your skin (although it may be slightly drying), but it won't penetrate the keratin to kill bacteria inside a papule either. My recommendation is to apply glycolic acid (readily available in OTC preparations) to shed the outer keratin layers until the offending area looks unhealthily scary and red, then do it even more and optionally include benzoyl peroxide to disinfect. This will allow trapped fluid to drain. It's honestly fascinating to watch if you find that kind of thing interesting.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:57:49 am by Maximum Spin »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128441 on: November 06, 2017, 04:55:19 am »

I don't know much about skin, but I know two things: 1: alcohol kills bacteria, which might help against the zit you have now. 2: however, alcohol dries out the skin, which isn't good for it.. This means that your skin will start over-producing grease to dehydrate itself and remedy the situation. This means using alcohol will only increase the chances of more zits forming in the future as bacteria is trapped by your now over-active grease glands.

Also prolonged alcohol use on the skin can also cause direct tissue damage and scarring but that doesn't seem to be an issue in your case.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128442 on: November 06, 2017, 10:36:26 am »

Unhealthy for both, though.
Is it, though? I personally don't take issue with female friends of mine going 'Ugh, men', and I don't really see an asymmetry of power here either... So what's so unhealthy about it?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128443 on: November 06, 2017, 10:46:30 am »

It's highly offensive to the opposite sex, and can hurt their flower-petal sensitivities.

Plus, you're assuming gender.

Plus, making assertions on a collective's actions based on such an important physical distinction is highly offensive as well.

Basically you're Satan  ;)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128444 on: November 06, 2017, 11:31:36 am »

Life as we know it wouldn’t happen without Satan though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8561 8562 [8563] 8564 8565 ... 11037