Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519902 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12825 on: July 23, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

Main practices that I'm aware of are getting drunk (Eight Immortals school) and controlled orgasm (no particular school, sometimes found in folklore as "dark" Taoism, particularly by evil women/fox spirits who use it vampirically).

Quote from: Wikipedia
The sexual arts arguably reached their climax between the end of the Han dynasty and the end of the Tang dynasty.
I see what they did there.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: July 23, 2012, 11:54:12 am »

Main practices that I'm aware of are getting drunk (Eight Immortals school) and controlled orgasm (no particular school, sometimes found in folklore as "dark" Taoism, particularly by evil women/fox spirits who use it vampirically).

Quote from: Wikipedia
The sexual arts arguably reached their climax between the end of the Han dynasty and the end of the Tang dynasty.
I see what they did there.

[blush] Ok, that wordplay got a smile out of me. More for the clever than the subject matter but yes. Qualifies as "getting crap past the radar."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: July 23, 2012, 11:57:15 am »

So, he's jealous of his girlfriend spending time with the clearly gay (I'm in a dress shyly sitting on the couch at this point) friend? What... what does he think is gonna happen here?
He might be afraid that's her kink. If the Internet has taught me anything, it's that demure cross dressing male getting jumped by female(s) is most definitely a fetish. That... that's kinda' hot. *coughs* I mean, if you're being, uh. Objective? About things...? Ehehehe...

I mean, that's probably not what's going on, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:53 pm »

I really wonder if he would pull this if her friend were born a girl.... He might, actually, but I'd say a.) Less likely and less loudly, and b.) she'd have more ground somehow to say "she's my friend."
I'm going to go out on a very short limb here and say he'd suggest a threesome. The fact that some portion of him is probably still inclined to envision that scenario may be part of the problem.
"Mmm...man, that'd be hot."
"It's a dude!"
"Okay....I'm not sure how to feel about this. Quick, lash out so I don't have to consider the implications!"

Just sayin'. Things get complicated when things get complicated.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:45 pm »

I suddenly felt old today when I discovered I had a fairly long hair coming out of my ear this morning.  I don't know how long its been growing, but it was kind of disturbing. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: July 23, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »

So, he's jealous of his girlfriend spending time with the clearly gay (I'm in a dress shyly sitting on the couch at this point) friend? What... what does he think is gonna happen here?
He might be afraid that's her kink. If the Internet has taught me anything, it's that demure cross dressing male getting jumped by female(s) is most definitely a fetish. That... that's kinda' hot. *coughs* I mean, if you're being, uh. Objective? About things...? Ehehehe...

I mean, that's probably not what's going on, but...

The only way I want into her pants is to see if they fit me and I'd ordinarily prefer wearing a skirt anyhow, because they're usually prettier.

I guess rule 34 really doesn't have exceptions. Personally, this blows my mind. The idea of me being with a female like that is just, all kinds of not gonna happen. Have been flirted with and asked out by girls. If I don't trust her, then it ends in a polite no thank you. If I do trust her, then shopping and/or friends. I keep hearing that the majority of cross dressers are straight, but keep wondering if that's denial. [shrugs] Maybe it's just a different thing cause I'm trans?

I dunno. Do you honestly think he's worried about that kinda thing? 'Cause, if so then, I mean as far as I'm concerned that's inconceivable. Have never really thought of touching a girl like that, ever.

I really wonder if he would pull this if her friend were born a girl.... He might, actually, but I'd say a.) Less likely and less loudly, and b.) she'd have more ground somehow to say "she's my friend."
I'm going to go out on a very short limb here and say he'd suggest a threesome. The fact that some portion of him is probably still inclined to envision that scenario may be part of the problem.
"Mmm...man, that'd be hot."
"It's a dude!"
"Okay....I'm not sure how to feel about this. Quick, lash out so I don't have to consider the implications!"

Just sayin'. Things get complicated when things get complicated.

I ... um. Say huh? I honestly did not expect that one. I've heard the ones who really don't like the gays are sometimes gay themselves but I.... I dunno about that applying here. I certainly hope not. That'd be all kinds of awkward. Although if he wanted to drive me away that might do it or at least make me think about leaving real quick. He's mean, so I'm gonna pray that's certainly not it (also other reasons I hope this isn't it but yeah).

Just. Wow. Uh? [nervous look] Yeah, I'm gonna come back another time that's not now or when that thought is rolling around in his head if it's rolling around now, then it needs to stop....  :-[
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:01:29 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: July 23, 2012, 01:04:16 pm »

I could be completely and utterly off-base on that one. But I'd hazard that even having to grasp with the idea of a transgender MtF wearing his girlfriend's dress.....it's probably at least making him aware that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in his sexual philosophy. Which probably makes him uneasy.

Not saying he's justified, just saying I can see how he might be unnerved.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: July 23, 2012, 01:08:31 pm »

At this point I'd wager that instead of jealousy, he's just homophobic (or at least a mixture of the two.) This is especially true considering that "family event" he said you couldn't go to awhile ago.

Like, he's certainly not jealous that you're wearing his GF's dresses, it's not likely that he wants to wear them himself :P. What's more likely is that he finds that some dude getting his sweat all over his GF's clothes is disgusting.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: July 23, 2012, 01:10:01 pm »

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Anger is one of the basic responses to fear, seeing as how the two options in fight or flight (the fear response) are fight (get angry) or flight (avoid the issue).
Chances are that you being trans is inconcievable to him, and since he doesn't understand what it means, he is afraid of any of the possibilities you bring to a situation, regardless of the truth of the matter. So he gets angry, because for most guys, getting angry is considered 'more manly' and 'acceptable'. Thus his apparent 'jealousy' at you being with his girlfriend.
It's all basic psychology.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: July 23, 2012, 01:12:46 pm »

People are afraid of what they don't understand. Anger is one of the basic responses to fear, seeing as how the two options in fight or flight (the fear response) are fight (get angry) or flight (avoid the issue).
Chances are that you being trans is inconcievable to him, and since he doesn't understand what it means, he is afraid of any of the possibilities you bring to a situation, regardless of the truth of the matter. So he gets angry, because for most guys, getting angry is considered 'more manly' and 'acceptable'. Thus his apparent 'jealousy' at you being with his girlfriend.

/freudianfive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: July 23, 2012, 01:29:09 pm »

I dunno. Do you honestly think he's worried about that kinda thing? 'Cause, if so then, I mean as far as I'm concerned that's inconceivable. Have never really thought of touching a girl like that, ever.
Hell, I don't know the guy or his relationship with his beau, so, I have no actual idea if he's worried about something like that, really. Just kinda' throwing it out there.

It's inconceivable from your viewpoint, sure, but from his...? Maybe he knows somethin' more about 'is bed buddy than you're aware of.

It's pretty doubtful, but hey. It's a sexier thought than it just being some variation of homophobia, so I'm a little biased toward it. RK's a little more realistic, the two Hs probably closer to accuracy but... I'll admit. If I can bias my baseless conjecture toward the sexy, it makes my day a bit brighter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:39 pm »

If I can bias my baseless conjecture toward the sexy, it makes my day a bit brighter.
Words to live by.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: July 23, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »

Hell, I don't know the guy or his relationship with his beau, so, I have no actual idea if he's worried about something like that, really. Just kinda' throwing it out there.
Lol, a Beau is only used for boyfriends, Frumple. J/C is that an old word though, have you been reading Terry Pratchett?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: July 23, 2012, 01:35:00 pm »

I could be completely and utterly off-base on that one. But I'd hazard that even having to grasp with the idea of a transgender MtF wearing his girlfriend's dress.....it's probably at least making him aware that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in his sexual philosophy. Which probably makes him uneasy.

Not saying he's justified, just saying I can see how he might be unnerved.

I hope you're way off base.... I suppose that's theoretically possible, just not with me. Not sure what I could ever say to convince him of this though. I understand where you're coming from as far as guessing his motives.

At this point I'd wager that instead of jealousy, he's just homophobic (or at least a mixture of the two.) This is especially true considering that "family event" he said you couldn't go to awhile ago.

Like, he's certainly not jealous that you're wearing his GF's dresses, it's not likely that he wants to wear them himself :P. What's more likely is that he finds that some dude getting his sweat all over his GF's clothes is disgusting.

Thankfully, a.) regular washing, and not much if any sweat but yeah. He could just have a problem with the idea of me in a dress and think it's gross or something, unfortunately. [shrugs].

/freudianfive

Also possible I guess. [sigh].

I don't really know who I'm supposed to hang out with given that this kinda crap occurs. Many guys seem to be jerks/don't like the real me one bit. Some girls are nice about it and share interests with me, but have boyfriends who are not ok with me. [shrugs]. This narrows down the list of "people I can be myself with," quite a bit.... When shit goes wrong or they have to move though, then I can come around....

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: July 23, 2012, 01:37:35 pm »

I'd hang out with ya Truean. And you wouldn't have to worry about me stealing any of your booze, unlike other people on bay12 :O
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 11037