Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8469 8470 [8471] 8472 8473 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517742 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127050 on: September 27, 2017, 04:34:18 pm »

I actually tried a durian on that trip, and I'm not sure what the reputation is about. It tasted like an orange rolled in dust, not good, but not gagworthy. 2/5.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #127051 on: September 27, 2017, 04:36:16 pm »

Someone decided to spam on the forums. WTF people, we dont care about your shit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127052 on: September 27, 2017, 04:36:57 pm »

Probably a bot?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127053 on: September 27, 2017, 05:42:42 pm »

I actually tried a durian on that trip, and I'm not sure what the reputation is about. It tasted like an orange rolled in dust, not good, but not gagworthy. 2/5.

The smell gets to some people apparently, and some varieties have it worse than others, but I've never even seen one in person let alone tried eating one so who knows how true any of that is. For all I know it's just a prank that they pull on tourists.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #127054 on: September 27, 2017, 06:08:42 pm »

I am confused about my gender.

I'm not sure how I feel.

You feel confused.
Glad I could help
××××××××××××××××××

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #127055 on: September 27, 2017, 06:44:40 pm »

Let me try help there.
I'm a male... was born one and I have Y chromes.
Yet I have never felt 'male', never felt like gender is a feeling or anything like that. I just am, sure I've contemplated a perception from the 'other' side but thats just curiosity.

What has got you confused? You are born the way you are but you can always think the way you wish to think (tc apply)

Is your gender not physically easy to distinguish?

Cause I believe gender doesn't truly exsist in the mind. Just a layering of the ego so of course if you are made to think about your gender instead of just accepting it then you will get confused.
You are not one person. You are two in one body, constantly agreeing and arguing
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:46:49 pm by Avarice »
××××××××××××××××××

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127056 on: September 27, 2017, 06:49:27 pm »

You're also a teenager (I'm reasonably sure) so fun time physical/mental/emotional wtf is to be expected.

Though I guess if you need to talk about it seriously you can drop me a PM or something. Not that I know anything about it, being cis white male but hey, a sounding board might be useful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127057 on: September 27, 2017, 07:10:28 pm »

Over here in the Netherlands, our air raid sirens are tested every first monday of the month, at 12:00.
Ofcourse, since that's been a thing for at least 39 years (all my life), every nation in the world knows that if you want to bomb the Netherlands, to do that on the first monday of the month, at noon. No one will believe the air raid siren is for real.

Ofcourse, even if people were to believe the siren is for real, it would still be useless, since we don't have any bomb shelters.
...why is that system still being maintained?  Like, when was the last time it was actually needed?
Politics have actually decided a few years ago that it will be scrapped in 2019 (or 2020, forgot).
For a moment I thought that meant politics as a concept will scrap itself and it made me happy for a moment until I realized that's physically impossible, because absence of politics is in itself, politics.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127058 on: September 27, 2017, 08:05:14 pm »

They'd probably think you're being ironic.

No, they think he's ... good in the sack.
I wouldn't get too excited if I were him. Most women who use Tinder are a bunch of old bags.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127059 on: September 27, 2017, 08:14:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Guys, I think I went too far, I had like 10 more cards in my hand, but I played them

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127060 on: September 27, 2017, 08:33:22 pm »

The battery on my 3DS has gone to hell lately. I'm lucky to get three hours of playtime on a single charge, if what I'm playing isn't particularly demanding and I don't leave it in sleep mode for to long.

I may have to see about installing a new battery.
Had a similar issue with my original 3DS. The battery started swelling a bit, creating a bulge in the back, and the charge dropped to under an hour. Got a New 3DS XL a few months ago and put my old one in the night stand next to my bed.

Yesterday I wanted to use the old one again for multiplayer stuff, but the battery had swollen to the point where the back plate of the 3DS was folded into a curve, and the 3DS wouldn't even power on while plugged in.
I threw it away outside in a hurry.
Sheesh. I haven't seen anything like that yet, but now I'm worried.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #127061 on: September 27, 2017, 08:35:24 pm »

The battery on my 3DS has gone to hell lately. I'm lucky to get three hours of playtime on a single charge, if what I'm playing isn't particularly demanding and I don't leave it in sleep mode for to long.

I may have to see about installing a new battery.
Had a similar issue with my original 3DS. The battery started swelling a bit, creating a bulge in the back, and the charge dropped to under an hour. Got a New 3DS XL a few months ago and put my old one in the night stand next to my bed.

Yesterday I wanted to use the old one again for multiplayer stuff, but the battery had swollen to the point where the back plate of the 3DS was folded into a curve, and the 3DS wouldn't even power on while plugged in.
I threw it away outside in a hurry.
Sheesh. I haven't seen anything like that yet, but now I'm worried.

Maybe it was pregnant
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127062 on: September 27, 2017, 08:39:02 pm »

Well, they did just release a smaller version of the console, didn't they? ;)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127063 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:07 pm »

You were thinking too hard about it, Reelya. A food Americans think is too disgusting is easy: this abomination was only willingly consumed by one dedicated xenophile in a group of 20 or so Americans in my time in Taiwan. Even the Korean we had with us refused.
Pretty sure the measure was sell, not eat. There's plenty of stuff the vast and near total majority of americans consider too disgusting to eat, but there's precious little food wise that's not very explicitly illegal that isn't for sale somewhere in the country. That doesn't always stop it either, for that matter.

And there's definitely places stateside that sell stinky tofu.

And the metric I was thinking of was more like "no combination too gross to try" where the two ingredients are something that's on the menu. e.g. like deep frying coca cola or similar. That metric doesn't imply e.g. that Americans would eat sewage.

also, kinda random thought but shouldn't we just get rid of the words straight, gay, and lesbian for their sexuality meanings and instead replace them with 'likes guys' and 'likes girls'?

That's too reductive. gay, bi, lesbian, straight doesn't just signify your orientation, it carries information about where you fit into society in terms of dating.

The thing is, even though some categories are orthogonal, that doesn't mean at all that there isn't a correlation. e.g. the "male body" / "female body" trait and "likes girls" / "likes guys" trait may be unrelated in terms of the biology that creates them, however natural selection is biased towards bodies in which these traits are correlated because the goal of biology is making babies, not making people.

however, the machinery for making all the range of traits exists in every person, so when you get outliers they tend to be a mix of the dominant traits of either existing "sex". e.g. an "outlier" would be someone who wants to have sex with men or women almost all the time when they're not "supposed" to, but you much more rarely get someone who's sexual preference is anything completely non-human. Because, you know, there's no machinery in humans that's intended for that purpose.

Evolution only cares that just enough of the current generation are breeders, so while non-breeders aren't an intentional goal, they're also not detrimental enough to have any evolved mechanism to prevent them existing. Also, there's evidence that the amount of "breeders" could be regulated by biology on purpose, e.g. the fraternal birth order effect. Basically if the same mother's womb produces more boys the chance of each successive one being gay is higher. However, it still happens if they're raised apart and doesn't happen if you merely have step-brothers. So what's the interpretation? Well, it means that if you have many sons then it damps down on competition between them for mates, and biological feedback was the only signal prehistoric evolution had to play with. This is definitely something that could have evolved for, using pre-existing "code" that all humans have, because perhaps having all your boys hyper-competitive with each other for mates actually makes them less competitive since they fight over resources.

Additionally, there's evidence that the mother's body can regulate the gender of babies. e.g. if you have more resources, male babies are more likely, and with less resources, female babies are more likely. The interpretation for this is that if you have high-resources, a male can grow strong and sire many children with different mothers, but if you have low-resources, then your more likely to get grandchildren from a girl. e.g. weak boys don't get as many dates.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:33:48 pm by Reelya »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127064 on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:41 pm »

Last I checked, most of the bizarre deep-fried foods are imports from the British Isles.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 8469 8470 [8471] 8472 8473 ... 11037