Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8451 8452 [8453] 8454 8455 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520479 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126780 on: September 16, 2017, 01:01:41 am »

@ Hans: ahhh it's all a load of cute. Nice doggos.
Sorry to hear about Hans-hound. It sounds like he had a wonderful life, though - I always feel as though old and/or blind dogs truly appreciate the extra lengths one goes to to look after them. He certainly made it to an impressive age. You done good. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126781 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:11 am »

I appreciate the compliments and sentiment.

As for my WTF, I spent about an hour whaling on stone with a wrecking bar yesterday, then we decided okay, grave might not be the right word. I built a nice big cairn for the doggo instead. I have way more respect for my dwarves now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126782 on: September 16, 2017, 11:20:54 am »

I've gone from an exceedingly excellent doom gig in a pub to a hectic, diy rave of ambiguous legality in an abandoned industrial complex.
What a night. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126783 on: September 16, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked

that's one fucked up wiki page that somehow is funny and a story of redemption.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126784 on: September 17, 2017, 05:00:35 am »

Noticed that my housemates' cat had sicked up whilst they were away.
Letting them know would probably be the best course of action, but I feared that it would reflect poorly on my cat-watching abilities - and I cared for her as though she were my own child - that is to say, providing a steady supply of character-building cold disinterest whilst keeping her basic needs for food and water met, with the occasional bout of needless antagonism to break the monotony and keep her on her toes whilst simultaneously allowing me relief from the great stress involved in caring for so useless a creature.   

Fortunately, they are now back. And it occurred to me that the cat-barf episode was most likely just caused by her over-eating when I left her extra food after her dinner, as I was going to be away 'til the next afternoon - something my housemate instructed me to do. Hooray for avoiding blame! Also the cat's fine, yay!   

I've gone from an exceedingly excellent doom gig in a pub to a hectic, diy rave of ambiguous legality in an abandoned industrial complex.
What a night. :D
I still haven't slept. Feels like I am about to, though. :))   

Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126785 on: September 17, 2017, 05:54:33 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked

that's one fucked up wiki page that somehow is funny and a story of redemption.

So, before leading my troops into battle, we would get drunk and drugged up, sacrifice a local teenager, drink the blood, then strip down to our shoes and go into battle wearing colorful wigs and carrying imaginary purses we'd looted from civilians ... Some of Blahyi's soldiers--often boys in their early teens and younger--would enter battle naked; others would wear women's clothes.
Da fuq? He lost me at "imaginary purses". Did they or didn't they have the purses? So let me get this straight, they were cannibals who went into battle crossplaying extremely tsundere anime girls.

Bishop Kun Kun
... is the guy who stopped his rampage. That even sounds like a name from an anime.

And today I also found out that the British destroyed the Kingdom of Kandy.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:05:00 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126786 on: September 17, 2017, 07:28:53 am »

Today, I had an interesting revelation that resulted in a very bad photoshop session, because the two things just *HAD* to go together.

Specifically, my hispanic co-worker asked me what I was going to wear for Halloween this year, since we both have to work that night. I joked, and said Ming the Merciless, (but that I dont know where I would get an outfit with that many sequins on it), which then turned the conversation sideways, and Walter Mercado came up.

(For those that dont know, Walter Mercado is the guy on the Univision channel that dresses very flamboyantly, and gives people their horoscopes.)

We had also discussed people wearing Donald Trump costumes, and so the unrelenting, existential NEED to combine Walter Mercado and Donald Trump became a thing. It had dawned on me that the two have similar tastes in home decorating, and that Trump had recently redecorated the whitehouse to better suit his tastes. (ahem.)

So, without further ado,

I am sure this has "MEME" written all over it somewhere, I am just not sure what caption to put.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126787 on: September 17, 2017, 01:38:05 pm »

"Some, I assume, are good people!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #126788 on: September 17, 2017, 08:12:18 pm »

I was walking home really late and there was a guy just standing in the middle of the sidewalk five blocks ahead of me, under the only streetlight around. He just stood there until I was passing him, and he spun around to try and look at me... So I just said "hey" in a soft friendly voice and he replied "hey, how are you?" but I had already walked past him.
I don't think he actually saw me at any point though? Like, he turned around as I was passing him, and by the time he turned again I had walked off into the dark.

I also ended up walking close enough to a wild rabbit to pet it.

It was odd, but I guess it's better than the time I almost stepped on a coyote by accident? I'm just very... unnoticeable.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126789 on: September 17, 2017, 09:02:19 pm »

Was he blind or short sighted? Sounds like a short-sighted bloke waiting for someone

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126790 on: September 17, 2017, 09:12:03 pm »

I shall blame it on the fact he was standing under the only streetlight and it was dark.

He's no Sam Vimes, that's for sure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #126791 on: September 18, 2017, 03:40:00 am »

Not many people are Sam Vimes. Not even Vimes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #126792 on: September 18, 2017, 04:36:00 am »

I shall blame it on the fact he was standing under the only streetlight .

I'm prett sure I know what he was doing

https://youtu.be/8CRu2SWDtRA
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126793 on: September 18, 2017, 05:03:53 am »

Oh gods I just spent almost seventy dollars on a physical ticket to a gig next year I am poor as fuck well not really, but I am considerably over my fortnightly budget and will have to make up for it out of next week's pay. So much for trying to start saving money again...

Oh well. By the time January rolls around and I am gleefully following the smoke to the riff-filled land this moment of finance-flavoured fear will be but a distant memory. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #126794 on: September 18, 2017, 07:15:54 am »

I shall blame it on the fact he was standing under the only streetlight .

I'm prett sure I know what he was doing

https://youtu.be/8CRu2SWDtRA

Do you did see it!
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8451 8452 [8453] 8454 8455 ... 11037