Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8446 8447 [8448] 8449 8450 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14523559 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126705 on: September 13, 2017, 01:49:29 pm »

OK.

So my pirate version of Tyranny ran flawlessly on my old PC.

Then I went and bought it from GoG, and GoG's version RUNS LIKE SHIT on my old PC.

I MEAN WTF

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126706 on: September 13, 2017, 02:05:50 pm »

That makes literally no sense, and the only thing I can think of is that you might have a failing component in that PC. Ignoring the fact that the pirate version for anything available on GoG usually is the GoG version due to lack of copy protection, the fact that GoG does not use copy protection means that it is almost invariably the least demanding (a lot of copy protections tend to use up an appalling amount of system resources, particularly the more poorly-coded non-Steam methods) version of the game.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #126707 on: September 13, 2017, 02:08:05 pm »

That PC is not working worse than usual. Other stuff seems to be running fine

And yeah, it's downright bizarre.

It doesn't run Pillars of Eternity either. Now, I had never tried PoE before on that PC... but in theory going by specs IT SHOULD WORK.

I find this annoying because I was going to go home on holidays, and I dont have a bag (or the inclination at present) to lug along my uber-laptop, so I wanted to use the older, smaller one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:09:39 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126708 on: September 13, 2017, 02:13:15 pm »

idk.

dont some pirated versions 'skim down' on things like resolution or whatnots?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126709 on: September 13, 2017, 02:17:23 pm »

Not in the last 15-20 years. That used to be somewhat common back in the dial-up and CD-ROM era, when file transfers were single uninterruptible downloads and tranferring a gigabyte would take a week, but the age of broadband and torrents means that there is zero point in reducing filesize that way.

As mentioned, I strongly suspect hardware failure. A dying video card or hard drive can often show very few symptoms unless you're running graphics intensive applications or trying to read from the specific bits of drive that have gone bad.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126710 on: September 13, 2017, 02:42:37 pm »

Spoiler: wild digression (click to show/hide)
You may have just ruined Rick and Morty for me.

Also I think you're right about the other thing as well - that's a very useful distinction.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126711 on: September 13, 2017, 02:54:56 pm »

Is THAT why people have been calling Jontron a nazi? I thought it was just more people are fucking morons type thing,(RANDOM OFF TOPIC RAMLBE ALERT) Also can we just ban journalists from doing reports on youtubers in any way related to their channel and what they do and say on it please? IIRC the adpocolypse that's going on was started by some journalist who saw pewdiepie making jokes and decided youtube was evil, causing ad companies to pull out. OFF TOPIC FROM BOTH OF THE OTHER THINGS ALERT) Can we also make a law saying that the identity of someone who's facing court charges/been arrested for something serious (saaaay sexual assault) cannot be given out unless they are convicted for it? So many people have had their lives ruined by that

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126712 on: September 13, 2017, 02:56:30 pm »

OK.

So my pirate version of Tyranny ran flawlessly on my old PC.

Then I went and bought it from GoG, and GoG's version RUNS LIKE SHIT on my old PC.

I MEAN WTF
Well, you bought it now. Might as well keep playing the pirated version.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126713 on: September 13, 2017, 03:38:37 pm »

Spoiler: wild digression (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:41:31 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126714 on: September 13, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »

Netflix France made a video, in which the actors from Narcos threaten to kill anyone watching Narcos on any other site than Netflix, and kill their families as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfhK1HnPIe8&feature=youtu.be

inb4 citizens of France report Netflix to the police en masse for death threats.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126715 on: September 13, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »

I genuinely want to know what was going through the mind of whoever thought that was a good idea.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126716 on: September 13, 2017, 03:58:55 pm »

Probably something like "We're gonna get such amazing ratings when the post-ironic millennials see what we did this time!"

Except, you know, in French.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126717 on: September 13, 2017, 04:42:03 pm »

Except, you know, in French.

Something like this?

"Nous allons obtenir beacoup des téléspectateurs quand les jeunesses voient que fit nous cette fois"

How'd I do? If there are any french speakers here I'd like to know. I'm studying french at the moment and I would like some constructive criticism. I'm pretty sure the first half is good, but I worry about everything that follows when. I googled a few words I was unfamiliar with, but most of this is purely what I came up with on my own.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126718 on: September 13, 2017, 08:41:04 pm »

A tout le monde, a tout mes amis...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126719 on: September 13, 2017, 08:47:47 pm »

Il y a un blaireau qui vit dans mon pantalon. Je ne suis pas certain s'il est un résident légal des États-Unis, mais il me demande de faire parvenir ses taxes chaque année, de sorte que je ne suis pas concerné. Il énumère mes pantalons comme résidence permanente, et a une belle calligraphie. Nous avons cafe les jeudis. Traduit par Internet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 8446 8447 [8448] 8449 8450 ... 11037