Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8301 8302 [8303] 8304 8305 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550695 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #124530 on: July 23, 2017, 09:27:46 pm »

We're all just Shades of Pathos.
Oh my.

To actually add something to the conversation:

I'm actually kinda surprised to find out about Dakk. I never knew Dakk--so to speak--but he posted all the time back in the heyday of the DF subforums. I recognized his avatar immediately, because about half a year before I joined the forums, I read the entire Draw Your Adventures thread from start to finish, among various other ancient thread-browsings.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 09:35:26 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124531 on: July 23, 2017, 09:46:29 pm »

Not sure if I should be asking this, but was Dakk that guy who used to come at random and spam offensive and gorey images? I remember seeing that happen semi-regularly at one point when I was just a lurker.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124532 on: July 23, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »

Not sure if I should be asking this, but was Dakk that guy who used to come at random and spam offensive and gorey images? I remember seeing that happen semi-regularly at one point when I was just a lurker.

There have been a few of those in the history of the forum. There was that strange thing where some guy from Kongregate declared 'war' on the forum (over some interforum drama) and there was a spate of idiots from that forum posting shock images and generally trolling over here. That incident might be what you're remembering.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124533 on: July 23, 2017, 10:20:20 pm »

Hahaha, I remember that Kongregate guy. KingKravoka, right? If I remember right, it was likely he who did the spamming, he accidentally revealed it on the website and a couple members on here blew the whistle. His goal was, his words not mine, to turn the "dumb Bay12 liberals against his enemies". Assuming my memory is clear, his "arch nemesis" was also his own alt account, too.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124534 on: July 23, 2017, 10:40:34 pm »

I remember that time. First he dragged the crazy guy trying to build the weird internet empire over here, then he tried to push Kongregate members into a 4chan-esque raid on Bay12 before his bizarre, idiotic plan fell apart when the guy he was pushing to "attack" the forum turned out to have been fond of Dwarf Fortress and already had an account. I most vividly remember him writing fanfiction involving Putnam and I fighting off the guy from Kongregate and some other dude. He misspelled my name and everything.

I've always found the whole idea of forum warfare to be fascinating; not in the sense that I want to take part in it, but the motivations people have for stirring it up. The best I can figure for Kravoka is that he wanted to defeat villains like a fictional hero, but the proxy of a forum game wasn't visceral enough for him, and he of course had no way to do so in real life. Sparking forum drama kept the anonymity and freedom from real consequences of a game but had people hurling insults and "fighting" with him, personally, rather than with a character he played.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #124535 on: July 23, 2017, 10:47:19 pm »

Misfortune on him for trying it with Bay 12. Talk about No Sell.

I'm pretty sure Toady just let him do it. It's clear that Toady already knew the identity of TempAcc before banning him, but he let him stay on for whatever reason. He likely knows the identity of OrangeWizard's secret alt as well and is closely watching him to make sure he doesn't overstep his boundaries.
What makes you think he know my secret identity?

Oh wait, damn!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124536 on: July 23, 2017, 10:57:51 pm »

Now I wish I had been here earlier, seems like I missed a lot of !!Fun!! stuff... :( but who was this OrangeWizard and who was that guy building an internet empire, and what does that even mean?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124537 on: July 23, 2017, 11:10:00 pm »

OrangeWizard/InsanityIncarnate was a fairly well-liked guy who did some stuff that got him banned. People had oranges in their avatars for months afterward as a sign of mourning/solidarity/commemoration.

And most of the stuff with the internet empire guy was purged from the forums, but basically he was making sockpuppet/spam accounts and doing many ban-worthy things.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124538 on: July 23, 2017, 11:12:14 pm »

The guy I mentioned... we try not to talk about him. Toady doesn't want us to use his name so as to avoid associating his name with the forum (when using search engines and such.) Basically, he wanted to make everybody on the internet join his empire, which seemed to be some sort of alternate reality game where forum admins paid him homage, you could only start forum games with his express approval (based on a social hierarchy he came up with), and anybody who defied him (including Toady) was a terrorist with a bounty on their head.

His account wasn't just banned. It doesn't exist anymore.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #124539 on: July 23, 2017, 11:34:34 pm »

The guy I mentioned... we try not to talk about him. Toady doesn't want us to use his name so as to avoid associating his name with the forum (when using search engines and such.) Basically, he wanted to make everybody on the internet join his empire, which seemed to be some sort of alternate reality game where forum admins paid him homage, you could only start forum games with his express approval (based on a social hierarchy he came up with), and anybody who defied him (including Toady) was a terrorist with a bounty on their head.

His account wasn't just banned. It doesn't exist anymore.
Yeah. Strange shit happens every now and then.

* Teneb recalls the second penguin megathread and the casualties of the penguin/brony war
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #124540 on: July 23, 2017, 11:54:19 pm »

I'm never here for anything. And honestly, I'm grateful for that. I mean I may not be here as much as I was, but I do like this place a lot, and I like the idea that it's always here when I want to come back.

All I remember is that by the time I got here it felt like everything had already happened, and it never stopped feeling like that, even when I was clearly here while things have happened and continue to happen. It's kinda funny, with no forum ranks other than "Bay Watcher" open to the general public, there's nothing to distinguish the people who've been here since the dawn of the forum and the folks who just turned up a week ago, so there's no "I'm a veteran" thing to have and take note of. 

(Also it's been five freaking years since I signed up for this, how the hell that happen?)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124541 on: July 24, 2017, 12:11:05 am »

* Teneb recalls the second penguin megathread and the casualties of the penguin/brony war
The penguin rolling battlefortress was something which happened literally under my nose and without me noticing.
I was barely on the lower boards then, not sure I even had an account yet, but yeah, only found out afterwards.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124542 on: July 24, 2017, 12:33:39 am »

We're all just Shades of Pathos.
All in all we're just a, 'nother shade of pathos.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #124543 on: July 24, 2017, 12:55:08 am »

Can someone tell me what exactly TempAcc did in order to get banned (trolling/bigoted remarks are too vague for myself)? I see that Sexuality thread has been locked, is it because of him?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124544 on: July 24, 2017, 01:07:45 am »

Honestly I have NO idea... things were relatively calm last I checked... The conversation was about traps (Transexuals who lie about their sex to get dates/sex. Think Catfish except the reveal is when they remove their underpants and not when you show up for the date) but the consensus was more that it was based more on paranoia than anything in reality.

I have NO idea what could have occurred.

If I had to guess... is that a Trans conversation devolved into the "Sex change" argument and then people started to platform and get heated.

TempACC was also in a sour mood before hand.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:23:31 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 8301 8302 [8303] 8304 8305 ... 11038