Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8263 8264 [8265] 8266 8267 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14529397 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123960 on: July 05, 2017, 08:36:39 pm »

Now we're on the subject of obscure games, apart from the Dark Tower series, it appears From Software released another King's Field esque game on the playstation 2, something called Eternal Ring. It like a more actiony kings field esque game. I'm gonna look up some let's plays of it, since I loved Dark Tower (first one, not the second) and this one seems similar.

Sigh, I love dork souls, but I kinda wish From Software brough Kings Field or Dark Tower back. The world is lacking good first person action RPG's on desolate, creepy settings. Makes me almost install Dark Messiah again.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:40:17 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123961 on: July 05, 2017, 08:46:51 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123962 on: July 05, 2017, 09:00:54 pm »

Did you mix this salt with anything else in particular?  Salt is an ionic compound, which dissociates in water.  That means the chlorine is not tightly bound to the sodium, meaning all manner of fun reactions can be done with its chlorine component. The addition of chlorine (a strongly reactive electronegative element in th halide series) could very well set off some other metastable compounds.  EG, the addition of the salt causes it to explode-- the salt itself is not explosive.  More context needed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123963 on: July 05, 2017, 09:05:52 pm »

He threw a handful of salt ontop of a stonemason building... and it exploded.

No one tampered with the building since it was made, and it has been out in the elements for at least a few hundred years.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123964 on: July 05, 2017, 09:07:57 pm »

Nope. That is INDEED just dumb.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123965 on: July 05, 2017, 09:11:25 pm »

No one tampered with the building since it was made, and it has been out in the elements for at least a few hundred years.

Just salt? was it molten and was there a lot of water (yes, I literally searched for 'exploding salt', without the quotes).

Nope. That is INDEED just dumb.

If it was molten and thrown into water, you'd certainly get some pyrotechnics, but definetly not with enough force to explode a hole in rock. The video shown has the tank breaking sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:14:34 pm by smjjames »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123966 on: July 05, 2017, 09:14:22 pm »

Did you mix this salt with anything else in particular?  Salt is an ionic compound, which dissociates in water.  That means the chlorine is not tightly bound to the sodium, meaning all manner of fun reactions can be done with its chlorine component. The addition of chlorine (a strongly reactive electronegative element in th halide series) could very well set off some other metastable compounds.  EG, the addition of the salt causes it to explode-- the salt itself is not explosive.  More context needed.
But that's not Cl, that's Cl-, which has all 8 outer-shell electrons and isn't really very reactive anymore since you probably can't get the bugger to give the electron back unless whatever you're adding it to is even more electronegative (in which case you'll get a sodium salt of whatever that is and and elemental Cl2). Unless I've forgotten all of my chemistry already, in which case sorry.

It's probably just the writers pulling things out their asses anyway, looking at this.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123967 on: July 05, 2017, 09:14:52 pm »

Unless the thigh bone can somehow heat salt up to the melting point... Or Gravestones actually are fueled by the spirits of the damned...

No it was ordinary salt (ohh and the explanation isn't magic)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123968 on: July 05, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »

Mystery of the Druids

And the game is as insane as I am making it sound (though, it is slow and tedious).
Wait, is that the game with the hilarious screamy druid face on the cover?

you bet buddy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123969 on: July 05, 2017, 09:20:15 pm »

Doesn't seem very screamy, more he's been caught bashing the bishop when he expected you to be out all day.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123970 on: July 05, 2017, 09:21:41 pm »

But that's not Cl, that's Cl-, which has all 8 outer-shell electrons and isn't really very reactive anymore since you probably can't get the bugger to give the electron back unless whatever you're adding it to is even more electronegative (in which case you'll get a sodium salt of whatever that is and and elemental Cl2). Unless I've forgotten all of my chemistry already, in which case sorry.

Yeah, the demonstrator in the video had to try multiple times to get a good bang out of it as it's not 100% reliable to get it to explode.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123971 on: July 05, 2017, 09:25:29 pm »

Doesn't seem very screamy, more he's been caught bashing the bishop when he expected you to be out all day.
Well, maybe he's screamy in the sense of BLOODY HELL M8 CAN YOU KNOCK BEFORE YOU BARGE IN OR WOT

Yeah, the demonstrator in the video had to try multiple times to get a good bang out of it as it's not 100% reliable to get it to explode.
I'm pretty sure the explosion in that case is more physics than chemistry in either case. Like, you introduce really hot molten stuff into cold water, stuff cavitates, everything gets showered with boiling brine and whatnot, it's a bad time for everybody. But in the chemical sense it's still just salt dissociating into Na+ and Cl-, and not much else.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123972 on: July 05, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »

Hmm, physics. Maybe you just threw the salt at the building hard enough to explode?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123973 on: July 05, 2017, 09:35:43 pm »

Hmm, physics. Maybe you just threw the salt at the building hard enough to explode?

Or just the devs pulling things outta their asses.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123974 on: July 05, 2017, 10:07:03 pm »

Haha, remember that time that I left the forums for something like a week a few months back because people were basically saying that revealing someone's name wasn't doxxing and that was bothering me?

I'm glad people have changed their mind. Doxxing's bad.
Pages: 1 ... 8263 8264 [8265] 8266 8267 ... 11037