Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8262 8263 [8264] 8265 8266 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14529462 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123945 on: July 05, 2017, 06:20:43 pm »

A priest, secretary to Cardinal Franceso Coccopalmerio whom is personal advisor to Pope Francis, living in an apartment located in the former palace dedicated to the Office of the Doctrine of the Faith (their regulatory office essentially), was evidently found to be hosting a drug-fueled homosexual orgy during a police raid (linked to the original before people questioned the source).

They were reenacting ancient roman traditions :v

Gay sex and hatred of homosexuals?

Checks out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123946 on: July 05, 2017, 06:22:13 pm »

Also the drugs. Romans loved their drugs
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123947 on: July 05, 2017, 06:24:56 pm »

Their use of certain "artificial sweeteners" did not help matters either.

I somehow doubt that they had traditionally prepared sappa and defruta at the party though. Shame. If they were going for historical re-enactment, they should use period concessions!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:29:43 pm by wierd »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #123948 on: July 05, 2017, 06:37:25 pm »

So I don't really want to make a big deal out of the whole CNN thing (I don't think they were justified looking the stuff up, at least,) but I do want to point out a couple of things that appear to have been misconceived by people in this thread; the guy apologized of his own will, not due to being coerced by CNN, and his personal details have not been published (so it is not doxxing, which is explicitly defined as finding and publishing somebody's personal details.)

Archived version of the CNN article, for anybody who wants to read about it themselves rather than go on what other people have said.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123949 on: July 05, 2017, 06:46:56 pm »

So I don't really want to make a big deal out of the whole CNN thing (I don't think they were justified looking the stuff up, at least,) but I do want to point out a couple of things that appear to have been misconceived by people in this thread; the guy apologized of his own will, not due to being coerced by CNN, and his personal details have not been published (so it is not doxxing, which is explicitly defined as finding and publishing somebody's personal details.)

Archived version of the CNN article, for anybody who wants to read about it themselves rather than go on what other people have said.
The article was previously posted in this thread, and I do not think there's any misconception as to whether the information was actually released - the idea is that it is still somewhat shitty behavior on CNN's part. It also seems very apparent to me that if he was in no way coerced, posting an article bragging about having his personal data - nice quote here -
Quote from: CNN
CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again.
Quote from: Another one, I wonder what could be in that email that they "attempted to contact him with"
On Monday, KFile attempted to contact the man by email and phone but he did not respond. On Tuesday, "HanA**holeSolo" posted his apology on the subreddit /The_Donald and deleted all of his other posts.
- would be completely unnecessary. This is a media megacorp bullying a citizen (who, by the way, is a shit who I don't endorse), and then trying to make some sort of example of it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:49:30 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123950 on: July 05, 2017, 06:57:10 pm »

I did feel the need to repeat that he wasn't doxxed, yeah.  People seemed confused about that.

But...  Seeing his joyous reaction on Reddit when Trump retweeted him...  I would have to say this was coercion to a degree.  Coerced to do the decent thing, perhaps, but still.

Also even if it's an incitation, which I don't quite agree with, it sure sucks for him personally.  There's SO much worse out there, constantly.  It's not that he did something particularly bad, it's that Trump picked it up.

The fact that Trump is unabashedly reveling in this puerile nonsense is more noteworthy to me, really.  Even as cringy as /pol/ is, anonymous expression ought to be protected.  IMHO anyway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #123951 on: July 05, 2017, 07:08:06 pm »

Yeah, I agree that the CNN reporter wasn't justified at all, and that it was a sketchy situation in general. I merely wanted to point out that although the CNN staff aren't exactly gods of journalistic integrity at the moment (because frankly, who the hell cares who made the meme? Trump posting it was the important factor here,) they didn't voluntarily coerce the guy or go back on their word.

IDK, just wanted to throw my two cents in.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123952 on: July 05, 2017, 07:33:03 pm »

Ok I am sorry but this is a HUGE WTF for me... this is from a videogame. This is the recipe for a sleeping drink

Two ounces of crimson, One ounce of golden, two ounce of green"

... and two of those ounces is cinnamon... and it creates a clear liquid.

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS RECIPE!?!

I know this is the game where you blow up a mausoleum with a handful of salt (NO REALLY!!!) but goodness!

Actually how the heck could you set anything to explode when you add salt? (outside using the salt as a weight)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123953 on: July 05, 2017, 07:38:35 pm »

Druidic magick~
(I've only finished Retsupurae's part 3, heh, looking forward to what you're talking about!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123954 on: July 05, 2017, 07:40:10 pm »

At a guess, the writers could have meant saltpeter, which is used in gunpowder and similar explosives.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123955 on: July 05, 2017, 07:44:20 pm »

At a guess, the writers could have meant saltpeter, which is used in gunpowder and similar explosives.

No... It is quite literally salt in this case and cannot be mistaken for anything else because:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123956 on: July 05, 2017, 07:48:43 pm »

No... It is quite literally salt in this case and cannot be mistaken for anything else because:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What game is that? Sometimes games can be pretty nonsensical or illogical (in the rube goldberg sense, like, this could have been done differently or easier) with stuff like that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123957 on: July 05, 2017, 07:56:43 pm »

Mystery of the Druids

And the game is as insane as I am making it sound (though, it is slow and tedious).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123958 on: July 05, 2017, 08:02:05 pm »

Mystery of the Druids

And the game is as insane as I am making it sound (though, it is slow and tedious).

With some pretty horrible reviews: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mystery_of_the_Druids

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123959 on: July 05, 2017, 08:31:28 pm »

Mystery of the Druids

Wait, is that the game with the hilarious screamy druid face on the cover?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 8262 8263 [8264] 8265 8266 ... 11037