Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8256 8257 [8258] 8259 8260 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527383 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123855 on: July 03, 2017, 08:08:36 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_V7N1oAu00

How is it possible that he became more punchable?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123856 on: July 03, 2017, 08:24:49 pm »

That video brings up a good point. Is he so much a massive douchebag that it's impossible to find an impartial jury with which to have a legally fair trial against him? Now, what does that mean, is it impossible to actually try him for anything since a fair jury is impossible? How do you proceed from there?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123857 on: July 03, 2017, 08:30:04 pm »

I used to smile when I got nervous.  It's a pretty embarrassing "tell" to live with, since people assume you're happy about whatever you supposedly did.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123858 on: July 03, 2017, 08:42:04 pm »

Yeah, to be fair I thought it was a little unpleasant to focus on his looks when insulting him. Like, I mean. "Guy who jacked up price of life saving medicine 5000% goes to trial, can't find a fair jury because everyone hates him" is already a very funny story. "Guy with punchable face, you remember, the guy with the really punchable face who did some bad thing and his face is so punchable? He's going to trial and god his face is so punchable that even the jury want to punch his face." is in my opinion actually less funny.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123859 on: July 03, 2017, 09:14:39 pm »

I don't even know who this guy is. Put me on the jury!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #123860 on: July 03, 2017, 09:17:04 pm »

I don't even know who this guy is. Put me on the jury!
He really does look like an asshole. Funny how that works.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #123861 on: July 03, 2017, 09:21:03 pm »

Comcast

There's your problem.

Oh, and don't call customer service. It won't help.

Yeah, my dad had worked for Comcast before they did cable (back in the 80's iirc) and they literally were told to throw away any and all service tickets even if they were not done.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123862 on: July 03, 2017, 10:35:42 pm »

I worked for comcast internet tech support.  (please don't hurt me)

In the off chance you get someone from tier 2 or 3 (like me) who knew what they were talking about with the equipment, if they need to do any communication with another department to get you sorted, you are out of luck.  We can put in notes for the in home techs, but the in home techs rarely have the clearance to read them, we can transfer to provisioning, but we aren't allowed to speak to the other agent, (it's call avoidance because comcast thinks 2 agents on one call for even a second is a waste of resources) and any notes we enter has a 10 minute delay before becoming visible.  Supervisors claim it's because scripts have a 100% success rate when followed properly, and they won't allow us to manipulate their script.  Once I even had a supervisor tell me that we are not paid to fix problems.

The new equipment is often completely untested, to the point where one new Arris wireless gateway we were getting had special setup instructions, and nobody in the tech department were told.  We eventually figured out how to set them up ourselves, and then word came from up top to stop doing that and insisted we just do the usual setup (which is proven to not work and afterwards require an in home tech and charge for professional setup)  2 weeks later instructions came down to do exactly what we were doing in the first place.

I don't blame the comcast techs for the problems (though most are admittedly undertrained) I blame the company's policy of absolutely no inter-department communication, and complete ignorance in the technical side of any part of their business.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:41:39 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123863 on: July 03, 2017, 11:44:52 pm »

Just cracked open the bag of wasabi peas I bought earlier, thinking to console myself about my hearing woes with a deliciously masochistic snack. As the thought occurred to me (doubtless inspired by the current, wild panickiness of my imagination) that the last time I indulged in a bag of these burning little blighters had been, as far as I can recall, around the same time my hearing began to worsen, I idly thumbed the words "does wasabi cause deafness" into Google.

I discovered a prominent thread on a deafness forum on the topic, with several people claiming that eating spicy foods, including wasabi, had given them bad cases of tinnitus.
What. What!!

Something like two-thirds of the meals I eat are spicy to some degree! And last time I doggedly scoffed a whole bag of these pellets of pain in a single afternoon! Now, I hate to be the type who grabs some obscure, unreferenced factoid off the internet and breaks down into a hysterical frenzy over it, but this is deeply concerning, damnit! And also quite exciting, I must confess.
I had never heard of such a thing as spicy foods causing hearing loss, temporary or otherwise. Enough people seemed to be weighing in on the subject that perhaps there's a grain (or a pea, even) of truth there. Could my recent troubles in the ear area be not, in fact, caused by a sudden sharp decline from moderate hearing loss to extreme, but simply by my careless and sometimes bizarre snacking habits?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #123864 on: July 04, 2017, 12:21:17 am »

Somebody decided to set off all their goddamn fireworks. Its like a full city sponsored show.

Its only 10pm on the 3rd.

Maybe somebody accidentally their whole fireworks stand.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123865 on: July 04, 2017, 12:57:11 am »

Same.  Kinda didn't expect it here, but...
and so it goes
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123866 on: July 04, 2017, 01:10:00 am »

INDEPENDENCE EVE.

Also spicy food causes tenitus- crazy stuff
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123867 on: July 04, 2017, 01:38:02 am »

Wasabi makes you go blind
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123868 on: July 04, 2017, 03:10:44 am »

Wasabi makes you go blind

I heard that was only hand-massagi
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123869 on: July 04, 2017, 04:06:20 am »

Titles related to Encino Man, according to Netflix: Mortal Kombat, Cool Runnings, ET, An American Tail, Nightmare on Elm Street. For context, Encino Man is a 90's comedy about a caveman in modern California, starring Pauly Shore and Brendan Fraser.

Netflix, honey, just... stop trying before you hurt yourself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 8256 8257 [8258] 8259 8260 ... 11037