Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8235 8236 [8237] 8238 8239 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520776 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123540 on: June 23, 2017, 11:20:53 am »

You modded reactions and did not regenerate the world, didn't you?

probably

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123541 on: June 23, 2017, 03:14:07 pm »

i'm reminded of when someone claimed that watch for rolling rocks 0.5x A presses was "just a meme" and then continued to argue that it's "a bunch of unrelated crap as a joke" when i explained that every single technique and concept in that video is related to the actual 0.5x A press run of the watch for rolling rocks star in super mario 64

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123542 on: June 23, 2017, 09:55:44 pm »

Huh. I had forgotten that feeling when you stumble upon something stuffed in a notes thing and can't tell if it's something you wrote or something you were quoting. I remember it, now.
Point to me a perfect country and I will provide you a mirror so that you may see a fool.

Can't remember context, if there was any. Can't entirely tell if it's actually something I wrote. But the internet seems to think that particular ordering of words does not exist (well, at least until I post this), soooo...

E: Oh, neat. Looks like the descriptor "neoplatonic poon-tang plundering" also didn't exist. How long as it been since I last looked through this part of these things...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:58:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123543 on: June 23, 2017, 10:05:40 pm »

UUUGH! DANG IT!

I liked three of one youtuber's videos and now YouTube thinks I am practically inlove with the guy.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123544 on: June 24, 2017, 12:36:33 am »

"neoplatonic poon-tang plundering"
is that some sort of innuendo
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123545 on: June 24, 2017, 11:54:37 am »

i'm reminded of when someone claimed that watch for rolling rocks 0.5x A presses was "just a meme" and then continued to argue that it's "a bunch of unrelated crap as a joke" when i explained that every single technique and concept in that video is related to the actual 0.5x A press run of the watch for rolling rocks star in super mario 64
But how... does one press 0.5 a button? A press is a press, you can't make half of what's physically supposed to be an integer number!
._.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123546 on: June 24, 2017, 11:59:06 am »

I guess a full button press is down, and then up. And this doesn't have the up?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123547 on: June 24, 2017, 12:01:41 pm »

Or is it like my "Z" key which sometimes is both up and down?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123548 on: June 24, 2017, 12:07:25 pm »

I guess a full button press is down, and then up. And this doesn't have the up?

I've seen the videos, it's this. A full press is a press and a release, in this game you can do a press to engage a specific action, and then do bullshit so that you don't have to release it ever.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123549 on: June 24, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »

He basically enters the level with the a button held down, and never releases it. Thus, he could "mooch" an a press from a previous level, and it wouldn't add any a presses.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123550 on: June 24, 2017, 05:45:57 pm »

Today was veteran's day in the Netherlands. This year, guest of honour was 95-year old Dick Büchel van Steenbergen, retired airforce photographer.
He had been captured by the Japanese, and was doing forced labour in a factory in Nagasaki, only 1700 meters (1 mile) away from the impact site of the nuclear bomb, when it hit. The impact knocked him unconscious for 15 minutes. He woke up with just a few scratches.
For the next two weeks, he was put to work by the japanese, collecting wood right in the dead zone, to burn the corpses that other prisoners of war were forced to collect.

I have to say, he was spot on when he said, in response to the question how he felt about finally being recognised by the Japanese government as a 'hibakusha' (= 'survivor of the explosion') in 2016:
"It felt like a recognition of what we have been through in prison camps in Japan and Dutch Indonesia. To be quite honest, I had expected this recognition to come from the Dutch government first, instead of the Japanese. The Dutch government never concerned themselves with us. Nor has science, and that's what I really find incomprehensible. I would say it would be extremely interesting for science, to find out why so many victims of the atomic bomb got radiation sickness, and cancer, while I am 95 now and have never been ill, even though I strolled around right in the middle of the deadzone for two weeks."

That guy has some serious radiation resistance.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123551 on: June 24, 2017, 06:13:43 pm »

There are quite a few stories of people who gone in many of the worst areas of the blast who didn't later develop issues.

Yet I believe science knows the answer, while indeed people can have radiation resistance (In fact there is a medication that increases your resistance)... Radiation is a chance game so to speak.

Though the hilarious thing is looking up the extremely mundane things that can help against radiation.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123552 on: June 24, 2017, 07:21:14 pm »

Is vodka one of them?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123553 on: June 24, 2017, 07:44:38 pm »

Is vodka one of them?

I think it is Alkaseltzer or something.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123554 on: June 24, 2017, 10:00:15 pm »

I would assume it is just dumb luck wether the gamma rays destroy important bytes of DNA or not.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 8235 8236 [8237] 8238 8239 ... 11037