Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8227 8228 [8229] 8230 8231 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519711 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123420 on: June 19, 2017, 07:28:35 pm »

Dunno why, but I just suddenly wondered what life might be like if whenever a person got too embarassed, they violently exploded. This thought came totally unbidden and I spent way too much time considering each embarassing moment in my life, and whether I would have exploded at that point in this alternate timeline.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123421 on: June 19, 2017, 07:39:52 pm »

Assuming our society was still around and biology et al still more or less the same outside that little exploding issue, drug culture would probably be much more relaxed, if I had to guess. Also a lot more people would probably be drugged straight to the gills in order to avoid spontaneous existence failure.

Now, what I want to know, is what kind of explosive force are we talking here? Is megaton achievable or what? How much of a public safety/infrastructure risk is this hard proof of the existence of a malevolent god?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123422 on: June 19, 2017, 07:44:30 pm »

I imagined it would be like a deep boom and a strong gust of wind. Very noticeable but not really damaging. Except to the person who exploded.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123423 on: June 19, 2017, 08:02:55 pm »

I think the umbrella and plastic poncho industry would be a much bigger deal.

Also I have a 1 year old, so now I'm thinking about what the Daniel Tiger episode about not being afraid of people exploding in the streets would look like.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123424 on: June 19, 2017, 09:04:37 pm »

Clearly they meant the arithmetic mean of the weights of every outfit worn by anyone in the medieval period/area for protection in combat, weighted according to completion, time spent wearing them, and proximity to the geographical centre of Europe. It's not that hard.
My belated opinion is that it's a trick question, the correct answer is "like 20 pounds", or whatever normal leather armor weighs, since most people weren't knights.  Not sure how common even hardened leather was in these conscripted armies.  And then there's chainmail...

Dunno why, but I just suddenly wondered what life might be like if whenever a person got too embarassed, they violently exploded. This thought came totally unbidden and I spent way too much time considering each embarassing moment in my life, and whether I would have exploded at that point in this alternate timeline.
Have you seen or played Off?  TieTuesday did a LP of it.  It starts slow, but it's pretty weird I guess.

EDIT: I hate leg sunburn (almost as much as hand or face).  The WTF is that it hurts the most when I try to stand still.  Sitting or lying down is fine, but some sort of compression happens when I stand in place, and it's... pretty unpleasant.  Keeping it on the down low, though, since (also WTF, I guess, whatever) I'm having a pretty nice time visiting my dad at the beach.

I mean I really do want to be deep underground or back home on a cloudy mountain range, somewhere cool and dry and dark where I don't have to bite my lip to stand up.  But this is pretty good.  Cooking with him is fun.  I showed him One Punch Man and Metroid Prime 2 and he's been explaining middle eastern politics and reruns of Babylon 5.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:28:29 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123425 on: June 19, 2017, 10:01:32 pm »

Nte that it is also the symbol in American sign language for 'love'.
Apparently in the Australian equivalent it means "gay", although I have no idea how true that is. :P

In that one the middle finger and thumb are pressed together while the other fingers are raised, it's sort of similar but not quite. Note that superficially similar signs mean totally different things, so there's no real reason the devil horns is more like this than other similar signs. Go to the "previous" sign from this one and you'll notice that "mosquito" is also similar to the devil horns symbol. They have a lot of words to cover, and only 1 hand many of them will be superficially similar to the devil horns.

http://www.auslan.org.au/dictionary/words/gay-1.html

It's about as relevant as noting that if you change b to g then this website would be gay12, and what are we all doing on a gay website? Look at this one for example:

http://www.auslan.org.au/dictionary/words/craziness-1.html
http://www.auslan.org.au/dictionary/gloss/ten1b.html
http://www.auslan.org.au/dictionary/gloss/spoil1b.html?

Notice that these (and 100s of other signs) all start with something akin "devil horns" gesture. It's the motion which determines meaning, not the hand shape. There's nothing specifically gay about it, you could accidently say "crazy 11 mosquito spoil self" by randomly moving a devil gesture around.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:16:03 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123426 on: June 19, 2017, 10:09:22 pm »

what are we all doing on a gay website?

Anything we want?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123427 on: June 19, 2017, 11:19:50 pm »

Kiss, my ass!

67-year old lead man of Kiss has decided to claim the exclusive use of the rock and roll 'devil's horns' gesture. He filed an application with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
He claims he was the first ever to use it, and wants to claim it's exclusive use at music performances and anything related to entertainment.

Rockers and rockfans around the world have already expressed disbelief.

Nte that it is also the symbol in American sign language for 'love'.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/15/gene-simmons-of-kiss-tries-to-trademark-the-sign-language-gesture-for-love/

Pretty sure the devil horns is done without the thumb extended, and to clarify further, it's sign language for I Love You, it's a combination of the sign language letters I L and Y.

@Reelya, that looks close, but isn't the same thing. But yeah, theres only so many variations that you can do with your hand alone. Take ASL (American Sign Language) for road: https://www.handspeak.com/word/search/index.php?id=4223 and for river, which are small variations of the same hand position: https://www.handspeak.com/word/search/index.php?id=1843 While river can be literally translated as water road, the water part isn't always added.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123428 on: June 20, 2017, 12:00:46 am »

EDIT: Despite hating it unreasonably (because I wanted them to make WarCraft 4 instead), I've been developing an urge to try World of WarCraft. Partly this is because it is one of the oldest MMOs that still has a healthy fanbase and useable interface (I tried Everquest when that went F2P, and wasn't impressed), and another part is the huge cultural presense it has - it's the 8 kiloton gorilla of the MMO industry.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123429 on: June 20, 2017, 07:26:11 am »

I have spent most of the last hour considering going on holiday to some tundra because its colder than where I live. Fuck Summer. Seriously.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123430 on: June 20, 2017, 07:53:02 am »

Green Bay in Wisconsin is regularly described as frozen tundra.

Don't move there it's still ridiculously hot and muggy right now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123431 on: June 20, 2017, 08:29:28 am »

I was looking further north that that because I suspected a lot of NA to be hot and uncomfortable.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123432 on: June 20, 2017, 08:38:02 am »

It's too bloody hot today. Over the past few day's I've seen my indoor house temp slowly creep up from 20C(68F) to 27C(80.6F) now. Air temp outside is 'only' 31C (87.7F), but temperature in the sun is about 40C(104F). Not a breeze of wind doesn't help either. I want to file a complaint about my highschool geography teacher. He taught us that we we live in a northern temperate sea climate with mild summers and winters. Nothing mild about this.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123433 on: June 20, 2017, 08:43:51 am »

It's too bloody hot today. Over the past few day's I've seen my indoor house temp slowly creep up from 20C(68F) to 27C(80.6F) now. Air temp outside is 'only' 31C (87.7F), but temperature in the sun is about 40C(104F). Not a breeze of wind doesn't help either. I want to file a complaint about my highschool geography teacher. He taught us that we we live in a northern temperate sea climate with mild summers and winters. Nothing mild about this.

Yes, you're subtropical now.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123434 on: June 20, 2017, 08:48:53 am »

Not quite there yet I think. We still have some days in winter where maximum temp is below zero (although I can't remember if we had one this winter. We had frost at night, sure, but I can't quite recall if daily max dropped below zero. I think subtropical requires not a single day of frost during winter).

EDIT: I think we must have had some frost days. People have been iceskating on natural ice this winter.

EDIT2: Crap, it will get warmer. Newspaper says temperature will keep rising to max out on thursday. It will then be an official (regional) heatwave over here in the south.
It's also been extremely dry. Farmers in parts of the country have been forbidden since yesterday to water their crops because our canal systems are drying up to a degree where a further drop in water level would pose a problem for flora and fauna as well as for water management (our extensive system of water-raises and pumps that keeps our polders from being flooded by the ocean).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:58:36 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 8227 8228 [8229] 8230 8231 ... 11037