Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8223 8224 [8225] 8226 8227 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519057 times)

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123360 on: June 18, 2017, 12:12:19 pm »

Just tried a trace on my end to all four of those, only had issue with Wolfram. Three took the same isp hop while twitter took a different one. Likely you have a similar result but the connection to one of those is broken by the damage to the line, You can pulse a dead wire all you want its not getting through and it just times out.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123361 on: June 18, 2017, 04:42:50 pm »

My computer has begun to get really choppy whenever it is not outputting sound. It looks like windows audio device graph isolation is causing it, but it is incredibly annoying and finding a fix is proving to be difficult. Also has the problem that whenever the PC is not outputting audio, I have to disable and re enable any output sources I have to get it to actually output. It is deeply confusing and incredibly annoying.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123362 on: June 18, 2017, 04:43:57 pm »

My computer has begun to get really choppy whenever it is not outputting sound. It looks like windows audio device graph isolation is causing it, but it is incredibly annoying and finding a fix is proving to be difficult. Also has the problem that whenever the PC is not outputting audio, I have to disable and re enable any output sources I have to get it to actually output. It is deeply confusing and incredibly annoying.
Have a very, very long video of constant music be playing on repeat at all times, with the volume set to 1.
Black lives matter.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123363 on: June 18, 2017, 04:46:52 pm »

Have a very, very long video of constant music be playing on repeat at all times, with the volume set to 1.
I'm almost at the point where that seems reasonable unfortunately enough.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123364 on: June 18, 2017, 05:32:04 pm »

I'm almost at the point where that seems reasonable unfortunately enough.

and i said
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123365 on: June 18, 2017, 05:35:44 pm »

Went to the laundromat, put my clothes in the dryer, started it, and left to go shopping. I came back to discover that the dryer must have stopped at some point just after I left, as my clothes were still as wet as when I put them in.
Sometimes a laundromat will have a bad drier.  Maybe not useless, but too weak to handle a normal load.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #123366 on: June 18, 2017, 07:43:15 pm »

My aunt from across the state brought me a kitten. After sleeping on me for a few hours, she got up, hopped up on the desk, and then jumped off it because she was starting to pee. This caused her to splash my expensive gaming keyboard. Fortunately, this only got on the keycaps (judging by the fact that the smell went away once I removed them), and thus did no permanent harm. I should probably have waited until next month to have her bring the cat, because she's just a little bit too young at the moment.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #123367 on: June 18, 2017, 07:46:16 pm »

And lo, your keyboard has been anointed by the might Cat, Greatest of Memes. Know that into the future, all you do by its succor will be blessed by the grace and wonder of funny cat videos. Treat not the cat with ill hands, lest the curse of cat urine stank fall upon your works in retribution.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123368 on: June 18, 2017, 08:18:16 pm »

It only takes about 5 times of catching it in the act, and putting it into the litterbox immediatly (preferably while it's still peeing) to get it housetrained. Grab it by the skin of it's neck when carrying it, like it's mom would. It enforces learning. If you can really spare the attention, it is possible to spot it is about to do it's thing, and get it into the litterbox with no damage done.

EDIT: Also, use fine grained litter clay for small kittens. In my experience, some brands' grains are too large for small kitty paws to feel comfortable with, and they won't recognise it as a good place to bury their crap.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:21:11 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #123369 on: June 18, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »

She's mostly litter trained already (the only messes I've found when I get home are directly next to the litter box, which means that she was trying to get in but it is a little big for her - next time I have a day off I'm putting in a ramp), that isn't the problem. She's just so anxious about being seperated from her litter that she's extremely clingy.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123370 on: June 18, 2017, 08:26:42 pm »

Ah. How old is it?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123371 on: June 18, 2017, 08:27:45 pm »

She's mostly litter trained already (the only messes I've found when I get home are directly next to the litter box, which means that she was trying to get in but it is a little big for her - next time I have a day off I'm putting in a ramp), that isn't the problem. She's just so anxious about being seperated from her litter that she's extremely clingy.

Is she still bottle fed? She might have been separated from the mom too early.

Ah. How old is it?

^That

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #123372 on: June 18, 2017, 08:29:37 pm »

She started eating solid food before they brought her (which is the only reason they thought she was ready). IIRC, she's five to six weeks.

I think she'll be fine in a few weeks.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123373 on: June 18, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »

Five to six weeks is indeed much too young to separate a kitten from the mom. For dog puppies, recommended minimum age is 7 weeks. For cats it's 8-9 weeks. You're quite likely to have a cat that will stay very clingy for the rest of it's life (not nescessarily a bad thing if you're home a lot). Does it suckle your earlobes / fingers?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:34:54 pm by martinuzz »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #123374 on: June 18, 2017, 08:36:15 pm »

I don't mind a clingy cat, though I feel really bad about going to work right now.
Pages: 1 ... 8223 8224 [8225] 8226 8227 ... 11037