Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8217 8218 [8219] 8220 8221 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517824 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #123270 on: June 16, 2017, 08:30:14 pm »

And look who is trying to piss it all away, the very people King struggled for.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123271 on: June 16, 2017, 08:32:07 pm »

What the actual

Okay, let's assume for a moment that these targeted people are worthy of violent action being taken against them. What the fuck did their dogs do? Why would you inflict that sort of suffering on completely innocent bystanders?

Friggin extremists.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #123272 on: June 16, 2017, 08:33:05 pm »

As soon as someone's legacy and ideas are passed on to someone else, those ideas start to become twisted and warped to suit the people who adapt them. That's a theme that pops up a bit in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and the concept is explicitly mentioned in a late-game cassette tape.

It's depressing when such a cynical statement made in such an edgy game happens to be true.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #123273 on: June 16, 2017, 08:41:28 pm »

Spoiler: Quote from Tack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123274 on: June 16, 2017, 08:46:12 pm »

While that is an actual concern, people have fed animals treats with nails in them in the past, I think that particular image is fake or at least has been denounced as fake before. The picture of the treats is from 2011.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123275 on: June 16, 2017, 08:48:24 pm »

As soon as someone's legacy and ideas are passed on to someone else, those ideas start to become twisted and warped to suit the people who adapt them. That's a theme that pops up a bit in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and the concept is explicitly mentioned in a late-game cassette tape.

It's depressing when such a cynical statement made in such an edgy game happens to be true.

Memes, the DNA of the soul.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123276 on: June 16, 2017, 08:51:58 pm »

The post itself appears to be from 2016, the image is likely older. Feeding animals things so they'd get hurt and die is unfortunely a rather old practice, its just the whole mentality behind the post that I found baffling.
Not that I didn't already consider antifa to be made entirely out of actual fascists in denial and dumbfuck-level anarchists, that is.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123277 on: June 16, 2017, 09:04:48 pm »

The thing with me and ad-blocker is that for the longest time I tried to avoid using Ad-blocker, people deserve the revenue.

Yet more and more websites haven't been able to hold back with their ads. Videos, often multiple videos, a few with sounds all open at once. Articles cut into ribbons by seizure inducing ads. I've had websites that were impossible to navigate BECAUSE of ads.

And this isn't even including websites that open new pages full of ads WHEN you navigate them "Yeah, you want to watch this video? Well I put an ad over the play button... BOTH PLAY BUTTONS!". Or you know, it is a 10 minute song with three videoads in them.

These ads are also very often ridden with malware.

---

So to everyone who says "Screw Adblockers!" remember. You aren't living in a world where innocent website creators are just trying to make some money with a banner or two, or a commercial before the actual videostarts (or ends).

We are living in a world where 80-90% call all out warfare on the user and try to cram as much ads into their minds at once! Some form of Adblocker is a life jacket! Even if it is as much as telling your browser not to open up new windows without you giving permission.

You can't then go "Well I am not doing that!" and bemoan that other people have it. No more then you can bemoan the fact that soldiers have guns in a warzone just because you are a civilian.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123278 on: June 16, 2017, 09:15:17 pm »

Two weeks later, a headline about a group of masked thugs being gunned down when they tried to feed someone's dog meat laced with ground glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=98&v=q9Mh_pDJBAE
Heh, i did just get a laugh out of this one video where an Antifa weirdo with a pink mohawk was ranting about the need to become violent anti-fascist activists to a crowd, he got shut down by a black dude who said "what I want to know is what the fuck are you on?" Then the ranting Antifa guy just completely shut down. Basically only because it was a black person who said it. e.g. the black person trumped his argument merely by being black (having more "victim points") and this loud-mouth Antifa activist/organizer completely shut down as a result because he couldn't work out how to negotiate the situation while still keeping his sjw street cred intact.

This is why basing a movement on a social heirarchy of victimhood identity isn't viable. It's not just stamping out the free speech of right-wingers. A mere identity label shut down discussion and activism within the SJW movement. This white SJW guy wasn't able to have free speech merely because some random black guy in the crowd disagreed with what he was saying.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:17:30 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123279 on: June 16, 2017, 10:20:20 pm »

Apparently the whole SJW thing... is actually a perfectly normal part of the morality cycle.

In that you get a bit of progression like say "The Irish should be allowed to have jobs" who we will call the Irishers. Then skip ahead 20-30 years and all of a sudden there will be a growing number of Irishers who will be more aggressive... A little more and there is a split... People who use Irisher philosophy to advocate against the Irish or other minorities, people who use Irisher as a way to create a form of elitism, and all that.

We are just in the unhappy position of finally getting to this point where "Progressivism" (for lack of a better word) has finally become such a common language that it is being used for anything and everything.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123280 on: June 16, 2017, 10:21:42 pm »

Two weeks later, a headline about a group of masked thugs being gunned down when they tried to feed someone's dog meat laced with ground glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=98&v=q9Mh_pDJBAE
Heh, i did just get a laugh out of this one video where an Antifa weirdo with a pink mohawk was ranting about the need to become violent anti-fascist activists to a crowd, he got shut down by a black dude who said "what I want to know is what the fuck are you on?" Then the ranting Antifa guy just completely shut down. Basically only because it was a black person who said it. e.g. the black person trumped his argument merely by being black (having more "victim points") and this loud-mouth Antifa activist/organizer completely shut down as a result because he couldn't work out how to negotiate the situation while still keeping his sjw street cred intact.

This is why basing a movement on a social heirarchy of victimhood identity isn't viable. It's not just stamping out the free speech of right-wingers. A mere identity label shut down discussion and activism within the SJW movement. This white SJW guy wasn't able to have free speech merely because some random black guy in the crowd disagreed with what he was saying.
How exactly does being embarrassed stop you from having free speech?  He could have kept talking.  I had stage fright as a kid, should I sue someone?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123281 on: June 16, 2017, 10:26:51 pm »

How exactly does being embarrassed stop you from having free speech?  He could have kept talking.  I had stage fright as a kid, should I sue someone?

TRUE typically with these types they will just say that the Black man was brainwashed to spout unprogressive things.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123282 on: June 16, 2017, 10:32:08 pm »

Well... no.  That's not what I'm talking about.  Like literally, the black guy did nothing to stop the antifa organizer from talking.  He didn't put a gag on him, he didn't threaten him, he didn't exercise mind control.  Antifa guy still has free speech exactly the same as before.  If he stopped talking its because he chose to, and he can't put the responsibility for that on anyone but himself.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123283 on: June 16, 2017, 10:40:08 pm »

It's definitely not "stage fright" bro. He was unable to retort merely because a black man disagreed. One minute he's going all big angry speech, then one word, and he's shut down. And I think we know pretty well that if the person making the exact same retorts had been white instead of black, then the activist would have ramped up the rhetoric instead of scaling it back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-censorship

This article and the comments are also illuminating on how some people in the movement one-up each other on their level of victimness to score points and shut down disagreement:
https://medium.com/indian-thoughts/on-leaving-the-sjw-cult-and-finding-myself-1a6769b2f1ff

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123284 on: June 16, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »

You are missing the point.  "Unable" or "unwilling?"
Pages: 1 ... 8217 8218 [8219] 8220 8221 ... 11037