Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8193 8194 [8195] 8196 8197 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513262 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122910 on: June 07, 2017, 10:32:35 am »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122911 on: June 07, 2017, 10:51:30 am »

>_< I really hurt a friend's feelings by accident.

He was being harassed by some people due to a difference of opinion. He told me what it was and I said

"I can see why they chose to make it their business"

Which he took it... Probably the way you would take it if I wrote that... But I meant that as more of a "I can see their motivation" not "They are correct"

---

So if you ever wondered if Neonivek is Neonivek outside of Bay12... There is your evidence.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122912 on: June 07, 2017, 11:15:02 am »

Had a dream wherein I interpreted people running elephants thunder by outside as somebody running into my bedroom to give me a shankin'.

I went to hide, and they never came.  When I peeked out the window, I woke up.

I, ummm, have had that kind of nightmare before, but after I tried mushrooms.  Spooky stuff to see it sober and years later.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122913 on: June 07, 2017, 11:23:02 am »

Got a letter from the NRA today, trying to get me to become a member. Given that the only possible reason for them to send a message to me specifically is my subscription to Guns and Ammo, I am more than a little annoyed with the producers of that publication.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #122914 on: June 07, 2017, 12:46:50 pm »

I got a subscription to the TLS, then got one or two additional ads for the LRB and various others.

I, fool I am, took the bait.

So many subscriptions.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122915 on: June 07, 2017, 12:51:16 pm »

The what?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #122916 on: June 07, 2017, 12:58:32 pm »

Times Literary Supplement
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122917 on: June 07, 2017, 01:23:37 pm »

I got a subscription to the TLS, then got one or two additional ads for the LRB and various others.

I, fool I am, took the bait.

So many subscriptions.

Various member of my family subscribe to many of these things and the one I found the best by far is the NYRB (Although it might be its almost embarassing Francophilia stroking my ego). What's your opinion?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122918 on: June 07, 2017, 03:00:47 pm »

It's a good thing the media is here to keep me informed about the world:

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/gunfire-inside-irans-parliament-and-at-khomeini-mausoleum/news-story/bb175d10d6ee382b0bb727c85867b5b3

Qatar, which follows the same Shia sect of Islam as Iran, this week became the focus of international sanctions for alleged financial support of terrorist organisations.

Basically Iran bashing. It previously stated about Iran's nuclear weapons program, but I let that one slide (experts state there's no weapons program, but having uranium means you could in theory enrich it to make a weapon. However the low-grade uranium Iran is using would have to go through centrifuges countless times to make weapons-grade material, and this would be nearly impossible to do in secret, especially since they've agreed to inspections, and the plants involved are huge and use tons of water. A covert uranium enrichment plant would be virtually impossible to hide).

But ... Qatar are Shia?!? WTF? Are they that desperate to paint this story as Iran are the badguys that they're just making shit up now. Shit that can be easily disproved by a google search.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:06:05 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122919 on: June 07, 2017, 03:14:14 pm »

Yeah, wiki says that most Quatari muslims are Sunni branch and are in the Salafist/Wahaabist sect.

Also, I thought the news.com.au thing you use was more of an aggregator than a producer of articles?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122920 on: June 07, 2017, 03:18:15 pm »

news.com.au is NewsCorp's website. It's not an "aggregator" so much as it's the Australian website of Rupert Murdoch's papers. So you'll see them reprint articles, but only from other Murdoch papers (nypost etc).

If you take a look closely you'll notice it links to "FOX sports" at the top, not just "sports"

(btw one reason to cite news.com.au is that if someone accuses the link of being liberal media bias, I can point out it was from a FOX affiliate. :) )
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:21:51 pm by Reelya »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122921 on: June 07, 2017, 03:20:04 pm »

Murdoch 'nuff said.

Wouldn't trust anyone connected to him to tell the truth.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122922 on: June 07, 2017, 03:53:25 pm »

I've been watching Blue Bloods which is...  kinda a WTF already.  Some might remember that I often disputed incidents of supposed police misconduct, to put it mildly.  This show makes me really uncomfortable.  Police misconduct is a thing that happens continuously, and the show tends to present it as morally grey.  People react and are like "Hey, you can't do that!  Don't do it again, or I might report you!"...  But it gets results.  And here in season 4, people really aren't even reacting as much. 

Spoiler: Blue Bloods rant (click to show/hide)

Er, anyway...  The show is oddly desperate to show Muslims in a good light, as if they know they're basically aping 24 at this point and trying to distance themselves.  The detective who beats confessions out of everyone turns completely around with Muslim suspects.  He apologizes constantly, insists that his female partners hang back or wear headdresses while investigating, it's weird.  Especially since the rest of his unit was killed in Afghanistan.  His anger issues supposedly come from the war, but instead of ever taking it out on Muslims or his family, he goes off on literally everyone else.

The specific thing was that they recently figured out that a series of mosque-bombings was being done by someone who looked Muslim and, I kid you not, everybody in the case expressed complete confusion that a Muslim would ever attack other Muslims.  The Muslims interviewed, the detective who served in Afghanistan, everybody.  They said "Religion of peace" a lot, and I get that...  But it's like the Shia/Sunni split just... isn't canon!?
(It turned out to be a Muslim who lost his faith due to a hard life, so he started bombing other Muslims out of... spite?  In other words, the one time a Muslim got violent in this show, it was because they stopped being religious.  And also had diagnosed mental problems.)
(They also followed up that episode with a dinner discussion about religious war - specifically the Crusades, and Christians vs Christians in Ireland, but not Muslim vs Muslim.  It was just... weird!  Oh and just the Crusades, no mention of Islamic invasions.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:55:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122923 on: June 07, 2017, 04:02:43 pm »

Muslims are scary.  SJWs are scarier still.

People typically believe they are simply better off not poking an angry bear than to be consistent or 'real' or slightly more entertaining and do so
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122924 on: June 07, 2017, 04:13:33 pm »

I mean, this isn't really SJW-ism, it's unnecessary cautiousness. :P
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 8193 8194 [8195] 8196 8197 ... 11037